What's new

Famous Pakistani Food

Khyber Charsi Mutton Karahi Recipe
Shinwari Chicken Karahi | Peshawari Mutton Karahi Recipe

Last edited:
343960498_1621440038323567_660062282696368330_n.jpg

We Pakistanis consume too much meat, deep fried stuff and sweets of all kinds.
rafiki... we live once. only in moderation :)

You should try experimenting a little more,
that doesn't qualify as biryani.

It is just masala rice.
I concur.. i tried Karachi style biryani in Dubai... i was not happy. It was definitely not briyani.

You should try experimenting a little more,
that doesn't qualify as biryani.

It is just masala rice.
I do, I definitely like Mutton Karahi, Haleem and Maghaz Nihari but nothing beats a good spicy Chicken Biryani with some Raita for me.

I concur.. i tried Karachi style biryani in Dubai... i was not happy. It was definitely not briyani.
Biryani in Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Sharjah is insult to Biryani everywhere, even in Tampa the food sucks... But Pakistani Food across the Atlanta, that is amazing...

I do, I definitely like Mutton Karahi, Haleem and Maghaz Nihari but nothing beats a good spicy Chicken Biryani with some Raita for me.

It is not biryani if it is chicken,
the whole purpose of that dish is to let the meat cook for a long time in hot rice.

Unless this crucial step is performed properly, it is not biryani.

and trust me, once the meat is cooked for that long in an insulated vessel
the aroma, and taste are amazing.

Biryani in Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Sharjah is insult to Biryani everywhere, even in Tampa the food sucks... But Pakistani Food across the Atlanta, that is amazing...
i was really appalled to what they were calling biryani. Zanzibari or even swahili briyani in tanzania coast is far better than these.

what was shocking, i went to this 'Student Biryani' place - wtf.... it was like someone took a box of red chilli powder and tear gassed it. I complained to them... they said it is the best and same receipe in Pakistan. my response - if this is Biryani then... i rather have boiled rice.... complete waste of money and food.

there needs to be a bureau of standard that dictates the core receipe.

Nihari.

Phenomenal dish

OIP.fZjIrX9TiDVwCIw49KAc8wHaE8
i tried it.. did not like it ...

Takatak was good. You should create it as Pakistani dish..... otherwise the latest posts I have been seeing these Indian bastards are stealing every dish including two from Tanzania and calling it as theirs...

i tried it.. did not like it ...

Takatak was good. You should create it as Pakistani dish..... otherwise the latest posts I have been seeing these Indian bastards are stealing every dish including two from Tanzania and calling it as theirs...

Nihari is good on winter mornings where you can barely feel your hands. There’s a time and place.

i was really appalled to what they were calling biryani. Zanzibari or even swahili briyani in tanzania coast is far better than these.

what was shocking, i went to this 'Student Biryani' place - wtf.... it was like someone took a box of red chilli powder and tear gassed it. I complained to them... they said it is the best and same receipe in Pakistan. my response - if this is Biryani then... i rather have boiled rice.... complete waste of money and food.

there needs to be a bureau of standard that dictates the core receipe.
Honestly before I left Pakistan, Student Biryani in Karachi already saw its downfall, Darbar is still good (at least few locations), but Student specially at Hasan Square sucks... I tried the main shop at Sadar which is still amazing but since they now introduced so many other stuff like zinger and other burgers, they are not as focus on Biryani which was their specialty.
The reason I find for bad Pakistani food in UAE in general is because most of the cooks are Pashtoon/Afghans, their food for their own is good but they change the taste of everything, hence the Biryani taste more like a Pulaoo with a tikka like chicken leg piece and tomato chatni. Same here in Tampa, the restaurants which offer desi food are owned by Indians or in some cases Arabs, both are horrible when it comes to cooking iconic Pakistani food.

Nihari.

Phenomenal dish

OIP.fZjIrX9TiDVwCIw49KAc8wHaE8
یہ چکن کی کونسی نہاری ہوتی ہے ؟ یہ تو سیدھا سیدھا جرم ہونا چاہیےجسکی سزا 15 سال جیل ہو

Nihari is good on winter mornings where you can barely feel your hands. There’s a time and place.
نواز شریف سے تیرا کیا واسطہ ہے ؟

Honestly before I left Pakistan, Student Biryani in Karachi already saw its downfall, Darbar is still good (at least few locations), but Student specially at Hasan Square sucks... I tried the main shop at Sadar which is still amazing but since they now introduced so many other stuff like zinger and other burgers, they are not as focus on Biryani which was their specialty.
The reason I find for bad Pakistani food in UAE in general is because most of the cooks are Pashtoon/Afghans, their food for their own is good but they change the taste of everything, hence the Biryani taste more like a Pulaoo with a tikka like chicken leg piece and tomato chatni. Same here in Tampa, the restaurants which offer desi food are owned by Indians or in some cases Arabs, both are horrible when it comes to cooking iconic Pakistani food.
if you come here, or if you go to Oman, you will see swahili/zanzibari food all over as part of omani cuisine - miskaki, nyama chomo ... or pili pili chicken etc. or pilau or zanzibari fish or goat biryani. totally different... my cuz's daughter has a youtube channel - aroma of zanzibar. watch it when you get a chance, you will see the food i am speaking about.

Back
Top Bottom