What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Out of 35 squadron how many are operational because of poor maintenance history one can imagine half so that is not enough and half are old platform .

Come on, don't be modest.

India has an impressive line up of :

200 + SU-30MKI

115 Jaguar

50 Mirage 2000

That is pretty impressive even if I leave out the Migs which have been updated with " State of the Art " Avionics from Israel.

Last edited:
Desi Teja yet to take off

@Devil Soul bhai this is Teja (fulltu desi):

Teja_Edited.png

And this is Tejas:

YU3JgEQnH6BxBz4MPHKQpCumbuGwmjHEhFOxkDKcQQ-T7Hfw9GM2sW8y6MXA_q7Y7-RZPn8niafCRH-bUrs163wMsmrUWCaNy1iGZ-04Z5yxAHHBNUVAvZE4mmLHat0D-ikpWlKljRWWosr67p4kZPF_WnYyvmU2CsgeRaAtvHuRkiSz-nqSjXBXWgLstmo=w443-h332-nc

Teja can't take off! :(
Bhai Teja ho ya Tejas,..... Both Can't Take Off :(

How many active combat squadrons we have??

Teja is failed project , its time for Indian to look for something new. Design is old , it can not accommodate modern avionics anymore. Its DRDO pay check, keep it alive. Otherwise thousands of people lose the job from this project.....

If you think Teja is failed project then let the Indians pour money into it ! Why are you advising them to get something better ?

India concerned after Pakistan's JF-17 export order
By Web Desk
Published: July 21, 2015
923754-imagex-1437475115-924-640x480.png

PAF JF- 17 Aircraft parked at Le Bourget. PHOTO: APP

Pakistan’s first export order of the JF-17 ‘Thunder’ fighter aircraft at the first day of the International Paris Air Show has left India concerned.

Pakistan was successful in securing its first ever export order for its JF-17 Thunder fighter at the first day of the International Paris Air Show where a contract was confirmed to have been signed with an Asian country.

PAF Air Commodore dealing in sales and marketing, Khalid Mahmood said “A contract has been signed with an Asian country.” However the name of the country was not disclosed and deliveries are likely to begin in 2017.

Read: A fighter pilot’s love for photography: Shooting in the sky

The latest models of the jets, which are locally produced in cooperation with China, are lightweight multi-role aircraft capable of Mach 2.0 (twice the speed of sound) with an operational ceiling of 55,000 feet.

Eighty people were promoting the JF-17 in Paris this year, reflecting a significant marketing push.

In comparison Indian Air Force (IAF) is struggling with its light combat aircraft ‘Tejas’, which will take another year to become ready for combat.

The IAF is greatly concerned as it is down to just 35 fighter squadrons while at least 44 are needed to tackle a threat from Pakistan or China.

Moreover the much needed Tejas Mark-II which has a more powerful engine likely needs foreign collaboration if the premier prototype is to take to the skies by 2018-2019 as per expected deadlines.

“Tejas Mark-II is still on the drawing board, with only the preliminary design review being completed till now. The critical design review is far off,” a source claimed.

Read: Pakistan eager to secure first ever-order for the JF-17 at Paris Air Show

On the other hand an ongoing commercial negotiation for the acquisition of 36 expensive twin-engine Rafale fighters – the numbers of which may be doubled – is expected to be sealed in a month.

However the delivery of the jets which are to be acquired via France is expected to be in two years.

The utility of the Tejas which are progressing at snail’s pace lies in them leading to a quicker development of the proposed fifth generation air craft fighter; advanced medium combat aircraft (AMCA).

The article originally appeared on Economic Times

----------------------
Made-in-Pakistan JF-17 fighter goes global, desi Tejas yet to take off - The Economic Times
By Rajat Pandit, TNN | 21 Jul, 2015, 12.02PM IST
NEW DELHI: At a time when Pakistan has already clinched the first export order for its JF-17 'Thunder' fighter built with China's help, India's home-grown light combat aircraft Tejas will take yet another year to become fully combat-ready.

What is even more worrying is that the critically-required Tejas Mark-II, with a more powerful engine, is likely to need a strong infusion of foreign collaboration if the first prototype has to take to the skies by 2018-19 as per already much-revised ..

This has triggered a major worry since IAF is down to just 35 fighter squadrons when at least 44 are needed to handle a "collusive threat" from Pakistan and China. Moreover, only half of the fighters in the 35 squadrons are operationally available at any given time due to obsolescence, poor serviceability and maintenance.

content-1af.jpg

Even if the ongoing commercial negotiation to directly acquire 36 expensive twin-engine Rafale fighters - IAF is pushing for double that number -- is sealed in a month, it will take well over two years for the deliveries of the French jets to begin.

With older MiG-21s and MiG-27s being progressively retired, the single-engine Tejas is needed fast to make the fall in numbers. But it will get the final operational clearance (FOC) only by mid-2016 now, missing the revised December 2015 dea ..

Read more at:
Made-in-Pakistan JF-17 fighter goes global, desi Tejas yet to take off - The Economic Times
Indians can conduct industrial sabotage or diplomatic one too by forcing any potential customer to back off from the deal. even companies of apparently friendly countries do that to each other. read how American companies caused the closure of Canadian and European companies.

so hold off the celebrations yet.

Bhai Teja ho ya Tejas,..... Both Can't Take Off :(

Tejas is a better plane compared to many including________:D, it's just that IAF is comparing it against the standards set by the likes of Rafales and Gripens. :(

Btw, I am still confused about which country to congratulate for the jf-17 sale! I am praying for the pilots though! :D

If you think Teja is failed project then let the Indians pour money into it ! Why are you advising them to get something better ?
like they follow my advice ....lolz...

Tejas is a better plane compared to many including________:D, it's just that IAF is comparing it against the standards set by the likes of Rafales and Gripens. :(

Btw, I am still confused about which country to congratulate for the jf-17 sale! I am praying for the pilots though! :D
Its your choice ..we don't care, as long as money is coming. But for Teja, Pakistani need to congrats to US, France, Russia , Germany and Uk....anyone else let us know....

Last edited:

Congratulate America. If it hadn't been for their sanctions, the Pakistanis would never have had to design, develop and manufacture their own jet.

The prayers for the Indian pilots are necessary. Pehlay aik side pe JF-17 thay, ab dono sidoun pe hain. Thunder party. :partay:

Thirty years in making, I'm sure it's better than anything out there as after thirty years, most would be nearing retirement. :sad:
I'm also little confused, are you praying that the pilot is friendly towards India. Just imagine a Pakistani supplied aircraft shooting down an Indian fighter, damn that would hurt more than if PAF did it. :what:

IAF concerned due to falling squadron strength of it's own fleet and not for the JF17's export order, very ill crafted title.

the title is correct. mr modi"s made in india campaign is not very strong. you seem to spending a lot of money importing weapons. but not focusing on exporting. to be honest i think of the tejas as a failure. it been 40 years from launching of the jet(1975) to 2015 actually mark 1 introduction. and still it a waste and in my opinion a national embarrassment. china has long been a player in the exporting business. pakistan and china worked to replae a planes in pakistan fleet, then they realised other countries will have the same problem so it was launched for export as well.

yes iaf is have huge problems maintaining its fleet. and 3 more mig 21 squadrons being phased out does not help.
indias air force does need serious restructuring. and then focus on replacement. 36 rafale is a tiny number of airframes for such a large air force.

below is an link which you should find interesting

IAF combats lowest fighter strength

Indian are embarrassed and really frustrated by the delays in this project

Indians have taken a very essential corrective measure in 2014 by electing a new CEO for the Country who has deputed Mr Parrikar for this project.

So far, the going is good and with your best wishes the Project will see the light of the day very soon. Thanks again for your sincere good wishes which are rare on this Forum :enjoy:

well once it finished and being manufactured it will be good. but only goot for your own needs. i see the hal tejas as india specific, which is good. where as the jf17 is more pakistan specific but is modularly built so it can meet other countries requirements. i do genuinely wish you luck on your endeavour on building the hal tejas. and should hope lessons are learned when developing the hal amca.
:-)

the title is correct. mr modi"s made in india campaign is not very strong. you seem to spending a lot of money importing weapons. but not focusing on exporting. to be honest i think of the tejas as a failure. it been 40 years from launching of the jet(1975) to 2015 actually mark 1 introduction. and still it a waste and in my opinion a national embarrassment. china has long been a player in the exporting business. pakistan and china worked to replae a planes in pakistan fleet, then they realised other countries will have the same problem so it was launched for export as well.

yes iaf is have huge problems maintaining its fleet. and 3 more mig 21 squadrons being phased out does not help.
indias air force does need serious restructuring. and then focus on replacement. 36 rafale is a tiny number of airframes for such a large air force.

below is an link which you should find interesting

IAF combats lowest fighter strength
you are quote misinformed about Tejas, Sincere suggestion would be to learn more about the project.

you are quote misinformed about Tejas, Sincere suggestion would be to learn more about the project.

Yes, should be taught in management, product development and engineering classes....on how NOT to handle an ambitious project.

It's even more funny that Indians have to come here and justify everything that goes with it.

Back
Top Bottom