What's new

Eid Milad Un Nabi (S.A. W) Mubarak

I dont really mind nor care those who celebrate it or not....to each their own...It is a blessed day Prophet was born but dont elevate him above human! He is a Human coz Nabi / Rasool all were chosen from mankind to be an example to mankind. How can they be examples if they are not human?

Jews asked for angels to descend because they wanted something special...We got a special human....but still a human!

None of that which is presented is a hadith ....All are "opinions of scholars" ...

In fact the very link states this HADITH:

Although the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) approved of the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) seeking barakah from his relics and touching them during the campaign of al-Hudaybiyah and on other occasions, that was for an important purpose, especially on that occasion; that purpose was to scare the kuffaar of Quraysh and to highlight the extent of the Muslims’ devotion to their Prophet and their love for him, and their willingness to strive hard in serving him and showing him respect. But what we cannot overlook or conceal is the fact that after that campaign, the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) discouraged the Muslims, in a wise and gentle manner, from seeking barakah in this way, and he instructed them to do righteous deeds, which would be better for them before Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, and more beneficial. This is what is indicated by the following hadith:
It was narrated from ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Abi Qarraad (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did wudoo’ one day, and his Companions began wiping themselves with his wudoo’ water. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said to them: “What made you do that?’ They said: Love for Allah and His Messenger. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever wants to love Allah and His Messenger, or wants Allah and His Messenger to love him, let him be truthful when he speaks, and let him fulfil his trust when he is trusted, and let him be kind to his neighbour.” This is a proven hadith with several chains of narration and corroborating evidence in the Mu‘jams of at-Tabaraani and elsewhere.

-So people did it but the The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) discouraged them from such practices!

1. They are scholars not idiots. They're opinions count for something.
2. Where do you think they source their opinions from? Hadith.

You can google it yourself at your leisure.

1. They are scholars not idiots. They're opinions count for something.
For me Quran is above them...I would read what they have to say but only the Quran is guaranteed...And you gave me the link I read. Did you read it? It clearly said Prophet discouraged people from such things.

2. Where do you think they source their opinions from? Hadith.
If the source is hadith it will be written that is what scholars do. I read enough to know so.
I am not refuting it but you presented a link of your choice and I showed you from said link...Now it is up to you to seek another opinion or to understand what the prophet wanted.
You can google it yourself at your leisure.
I have done it in the past. My family is mixed half celebrate it with Quran Khani and doing all this stuff and other half does by praying and doing deeds mentioned by the Prophet.

To each their own. :enjoy:

I am not saying anything is wrong in celebrating it. But I dont...However, if invited to a Quran Khani and milaad I do attend but we dont have it in our homes...but we wont stop the relatives or neighbours if they wish to do it.... each is entitled to their own choice and opinion (as long as it doesnt harm anyone) :enjoy:

I am not saying anything is wrong in celebrating it. But I dont...However, if invited to a Quran Khani and milaad I do attend but we dont have it in our homes...but we wont stop the relatives or neighbours if they wish to do it.... each is entitled to their own choice and opinion (as long as it doesnt harm anyone) :enjoy:
To celebrate or not is not an issue..to each their own but the problem begets when someone tries to force his or her opinion upon others and declares others non-Muslims. Rest dear bro, I invite you :enjoy: if you can come to Sweden

Indonesian : Hadad Alwi:
@Indos First time I heard this Nasheed was both shattering and lovely!

I think it has English translation....really soul wrenching in my opinion

To celebrate or not is not an issue..to each their own but the problem begets when someone tries to force his or her opinion upon others and declares others non-Muslims. Rest dear bro, I invite you :enjoy: if you can come to Sweden
Like I said...I dont mind nor care what one does...Allah will not ask me about others...just myself :angel:

Salamu Alaikum

I have a few questions for people who celebrate the Mawlid (please don't become hostile or take them the wrong way, I'm genuinely curious):

1. Why do you celebrate it if none of the Salaf (i.e the first three generations of Muslims, which a hadith in Sahih Bukhari says are the best of Muslims) did?

2. Why do people call it an Eid when a hadith in Sahih Bukhari says that Muslims only have two Eids?
1. Please provide proof since there is none regarding your assertion. Perhaps you should ask who gave you the concept of salaf and what hadiath of Bukhari do you refer to and its “health”.
A single hadiath stating what was done or not done is irrelevant to conclusions unless its based on some espoused and generally person opinions about a practice which is in turn your religious libery as is for those who engage in it. Stopping either is tramping on religious liberty and in the original spirit of Islam demands picking up a sword(or gun in today’s) to defend it.

2. Eid basic Arabic. Eid is a word, just as nikah is; nothing Islamic to it. It only becomes connected with Islam because of practice. Hajj is preIslamic and was done for Al-Lah, laat and Uzzah , go find me anything in Bukhari or any hadiath mentioning it as not being done before. To refer Bukhari’s recollection from Hazrat Anas regarding love for the Prophet.

If you do not wish to celebrate, don’t; this is a practice born out of reverence during 7-8th century which echoes The Quran.. and since the Quran will ALWAYS overrule any Hadiath..
5E9F4F64-32AB-4034-A901-96A54EDD9BD7.gif

The practice will always find support and detractors. However, such is normal in Islam but what is important is to not take on the role of Allah and pass judgements. Just provide input and hope for guidance for all.

Last edited:
Indonesian : Hadad Alwi:

I think it has English translation....really soul wrenching in my opinion

Like I said...I dont mind nor care what one does...Allah will not ask me about others...just myself :angel:

I must be mistaken. I thought that religious discussion was against PDF rules. I am so sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom