What's new

Egypt, Pakistan join military campaign against Houthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chor yaar ja kar teen chaar oil ke tanker bhar laye ge yemen se.

Personally, I believed that we should have stayed out of the terrible bog that is the Middle East. However, now that we have decided to go in, the situation will depend on what extent we decide to extend our involvement which I hope will not extend beyond training and observer support.
I have already sat in a meeting with regards to this and am fully aware of both camps and their rationales, for going in and staying out. I can only hope that the dividends we stand to gain from this campaign outweigh the sacrifice we will have to make for it.
As for people saying that it might lead to a sectarian split or tensions with Iran, I believe that it will create problems but no overwhelming opposition seeing as the Houthis consist of Zaidi Shias who have various differences in the lineage of the Imams in comparison to the mainstream 'Twelver' sect.

Hi,
It was inevitable----. Pakistan cannot refuse Saudi Arabia---. Bottomline is Pakistan will step up to assist other nations. Has happened before---and won't stop now.

I'm saying that Pakistanis have had huge difficulties in the past trying to combat the menace of sectarianism and that there were enough sell-outs within our ranks, from both sects, who brought about enormous misery on Pakistan and Pakistanis. Therefore whatever decision we make should be meticulously thought out.

I think decision makers have thought it out.

Pakistan is repeating the mistake it did in 79, then in 2001 and now in 2015....... i thought gen raheel was a man pakistan can depend, but i was wrong, the establishment has again started playing with something it cannot afford.

@Akheilos

I never said he hogs all the credit, read my post again. I said people, give him all the credit on this forum. The military operation against Taliban, credit went to him. Karachi operation, give credit to him. My issue is that when every thing related to military is going thru him then why are people here hating on Nawaz if Pak military does take what ever role in Yemen conflict. All of a sudden COAS will listen to Nawaz on this conflict and on his orders will send the military? I don't support PML N but if you can't see the unfair criticism always being directed at Nawaz then may I suggest you just for once view the entire thing in different light. Never said he is innocent or should not be criticized but non stop criticism is also not warranted.

it's Sunni Vs. Shia.

a sectarian war seems very likely now.

Iranic vs Arabic purely racial and the winner will be the iranic a naturally.

Sir,first of all,iran should get this into their brain that Middle east doesn't belong to them.They just can't support the houthis rebels because they are shia.Iran is the state of the people of iran.They are not responsible for every shia in the world.

Our Pakistani shia doesn't look toward iran for support but if still iran start sectarian funding in Pakistan,We will reply them.

For the time being,ignore them and support the coalition.Middle east doesn't belong to Iran

Iran is not responsible for every Shia in the world but pakistan is responsible for the world Muslims?.

Dimag kar kegi?.

This move can decrease TTP influence over hard liner Muslim in Pakistan. By siding with Saudi, it will give more legitimacy and support from Muslim hardliner in Pakistan into Pakistani current administration/ current political system. So less influence and power of TTP over Pakistani soil is likely to be the result. So, it is actually positive for internal security of Pakistan itself.

The move can strike TTP ideology and ideas directly.

This move can decrease TTP influence over hard liner Muslim in Pakistan. By siding with Saudi, it will give more legitimacy and support from Muslim hardliner in Pakistan into Pakistani current administration/ current political system. So less influence and power of TTP over Pakistani soil is likely to be the result. So, it is actually positive for internal security of Pakistan itself.
Sorry but .......

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom