What's new

Differences between Bengali Hindu and Bengali Muslim

View attachment 640047

This is what "chitol pita" that I have known looks like, don't know if it's the wrong name...
Looks just like the tekeli pitha of Assam, one of my absolute favourite with my morning sah. We have an interesting method of preparing it in the traditional way, would like to know how you guys prepare it..
images (6).jpeg

Bilal Bhai, I follow Adnan Faruque's vlog! Very handsome couple, he and his wife; have you seen their vlog on eating out in Calcutta?

Pitha festival kono din jai ni. Hoito bhagye thhakle sei shujog pabo bhobishyote.

I also like Adnan Faruque's vlog.
If you have noticed Jagannath's bhog is free from foreign ingredients like chilli, tomoto or potato which came which came with portuguese I believe.
Between I was in Hyderabad for 8 long years, there was a Bengali hotel adjacent to Ramkrishna Mission. Is it still there?
Another question which eateries Hyderabadi biryani you like most?

Your point about the Portuguese is very relevant. Two more things: they brought chhana to Bengal, and there is a set of Christians named Gomes and other Portuguese names in Dhaka itself. Fantastic cooks; one of them was the Head Chef at the Bengal Club till 2010 or so.

Bawarchi. Shifted from Paradise.

I haven't come across the Bengali hotel, possibly because I don't look for Bengali food in foreign lands (anything outside Bengal is a foreign land).

Once try Sadab near charminar along with roadside morning biryani during bakri eid.

Regarding your posts about Adnan (Hillol Bhai) and Hyderabad, here is his visit to Paradise Biryani in Hyderabad.

He recently has started to venture out of South Asia and going to Dubai, Thailand, even as far out as EU and US.

Regarding your posts about Adnan (Hillol Bhai) and Hyderabad, here is his visit to Paradise Biryani in Hyderabad.

He recently has started to venture out of South Asia and going to Dubai, Thailand, even as far out as EU and US.

Paradise even has its own address: Paradise Circle. No, more, it's a Metro stop!

But the biryani is now overtaken by Bawarchi.

Hyderabadi biryani in general, as a style of biryani, is very well cooked - the meat is delicious - spicy, compared to other styles, nothing an Indian (or a Bangladeshi, or even a Pakistani) cannot handle, and hot, as in pepper-hot or chilli-hot. That last is the Telugu cooking influence; their food is intensely hot, and even other south Indians give it a wide berth. A little of this has got into the biryani style, but not the full bit, as in Telugu or Andhra food; THAT would be hard to handle.

Reminds me of a South Indian dish called Puttu which is usually consumed with milk and sugar. From the Wiki it seems to be also made in Bangladesh :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puttu

@Super Juiceman, the Wiki says that it is also made in Mauritius. Do you know about it ?

I don't know if Bangladeshi version has milk,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhapa_pitha

Recipe,

https://www.thedailystar.net/winter-pitha-55332

More stuff on Pitha in Bengali,

http://archive1.ittefaq.com.bd/print-edition/city/2017/01/07/167399.html

http://envnews.org/news/165273.html

Paradise even has its own address: Paradise Circle. No, more, it's a Metro stop!

But the biryani is now overtaken by Bawarchi.

Hyderabadi biryani in general, as a style of biryani, is very well cooked - the meat is delicious - spicy, compared to other styles, nothing an Indian (or a Bangladeshi, or even a Pakistani) cannot handle, and hot, as in pepper-hot or chilli-hot. That last is the Telugu cooking influence; their food is intensely hot, and even other south Indians give it a wide berth. A little of this has got into the biryani style, but not the full bit, as in Telugu or Andhra food; THAT would be hard to handle.

Interesting to know Dada. :-)

However Dhaka's awadhi or Kacchi Biryani has minimal spice, meaning almost no chillies based spice. Only garam masala and biryani masala based heat.

@Cliftonite

When you're back.

Doc how ironic! I am back and now you're banned.

While I saw the post and appreciated the "buxomness" of this Bong beauty, Indian chicks normally don't do it for me. I prefer more Middle Eastern-ish looking chicks. From India I'd say Kareena/Karishma Kapoor and a chick from your Parsi community Nauheed Cyrusi.

Now this is what I call beauty. My biggest crush since teenage. Pakistani model Iman Ali.

One Major difference is that Bengali Hindu choose religion over culture and become part of india where as Bengali Muslim choose culture over religion and broke the largest Muslim state of the world in 1971

One Major difference is that Bengali Hindu choose religion over culture and become part of india where as Bengali Muslim choose culture over religion and broke the largest Muslim state of the world in 1971

:yahoo:← my reaction to these baseless accusations

Boy oh boy are you dead wrong lmao :victory:

Indian Bengalis have more in common with us Bangladeshis, than they do with mainland Indians.

Muslim and Hindu parts of Bengal got demarcated long before your Pakistan even existed for that matter even India as we know it, didn't exist back then.

Let me put it in a way people like you would understand, we bangalis have been fighting for our religion long before any of you lot have. We did it in 1905.

We Bengalis were the driving force behind independence from the British.

We played a crucial role in forming the Muslim League which was founded in Dhaka. Muslim League is the same party that made Pakistan a reality. Some of the most well known and vocal Muslim League founders were Bengalis.

We fought valiantly against the "kuffar" (I despise this word) Indians whenever you let us.

It's very easy to bully the Muslim Bengali Kalia on a Pakistani forum, but before doing so, atleast read up some history and look for the good in people before you look for the negative.

Now, read up partition of Bengal 1905. Educate yourself. Due to the mistakes of a few, we lost our brothers but Bengali unity lives on. You can only dream of the bond and cohesion we have with them.

You will see Bangladeshis bashing Indians all day but you will rarely see us bashing Bengalis from WB in specific.

You find fault with us because we see beyond the smoke screen of religion and see all human beings as the same irrespective of faith but whatever your opinion is inconsequential, we'll see how far your limited worldviews gets you. May Allah show you the ill in your statement.

You are no one to judge our devotion to our religion or our faith in God, only God can judge us.

Surely if you knew anything of the religion, you wouldn't be out here making these blanket statements instead you'd be thanking us, if you read any real history.

That's enough education for today.:chilli:

Last edited:

Indian Bengalis have more in common with us Bangladeshis, than they do with mainland Indians.

Muslim and Hindu parts of Bengal got demarcated long before your Pakistan even existed for that matter even India as we know it, didn't exist back then.

Let me put it in a way people like you would understand, we bangalis have been fighting for our religion long before any of you lot have. We did it in 1905.

We played a crucial role in forming the Muslim League which was founded in Dhaka. Muslim League is the same party that made Pakistan a reality. Some of the most well known and vocal Muslim League founders were Bengalis.

We fought valiantly against the "kuffar" (I despise this word) Indians whenever you let us.

It's very easy to bully the Muslim Bengali Kalia on a Pakistani forum, but before doing so, atleast read up some history and look for the good in people before you look for the negative.

Now, read up partition of Bengal 1905. Educate yourself. Due to the mistakes of a few, we lost our brothers but Bengali unity lives on. You can only dream of the bond and cohesion we have with them.

You will see Bangladeshis bashing Indians all day but you will rarely see us bashing Bengalis from WB in specific.

You find fault with us because we see beyond the smoke screen of religion and see all human beings as the same irrespective of faith but whatever your opinion is inconsequential, we'll see how far your limited worldviews gets you. May Allah show you the ill in your statement.

You are no one to judge our devotion to our religion or our faith in God, only God can judge us.

Surely if you knew anything of the religion, you wouldn't be out here making these blanket statements instead you'd be thanking us, if you read any real history.

Irony is still without India Bd is nobody and your elites confirmed it and it will hardly change.

And second thing muslim long was not a formidable force at the time of inception it acted merely a B team for the british without any base among the muslim population it was not until later it gained tract. And regarding religion the least can be said the better it is.

You will see Bangladeshis bashing Indians all day

It's taken in the right spirit (in the end) by those that are in right frame of mind :P .

Take it from one that has fought, left scars and been scarred back by extensive futile keyboard warrior-ing here (and now retired for most part from it). There are distinguished worthies among you lot right here even (I know many more outside here)....that in other circumstances would be close friends of mine. Catch 22 here is you only see their deep worth when you get deep into a fight with them....and how and what they persist with and insist.

Whatever I may have said or insinuated here at times to the contrary in heat of moment or a persistent grudge with some members, I feel Bangladesh future will be successful one, just give it time...you learn from mistakes commendably (even when you claim or feign not to).

Boy oh boy are you dead wrong

They always assert first thing that you broke it, rather than they broke it. Its always you, never me! That says it all.

Back
Top Bottom