What's new

Pakistan Army Committed Genocide: US Resolution On 1971 Bangladesh Atrocities

Papa John army did not learn a lesson from 1971 they were
ready to repeat the mistake on 25th May azadi march.

They fired tear gas and rubber bullets on women and children,
since that day I have lost respect for the Army.

If IK did not call off the march then there would of been a bloodbath.

Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna and Congressman Seve Chabot introduced the resolution in the US House of Representatives on Friday which among other things calls on the government of Pakistan to offer apologies to the people of Bangladesh for its role in such a genocide.

Yeah... go **** yourself Bangladesh.

And as for the Americans, I think they need to be focusing on the native Americans they wiped out. The genocidal doctrine for those massacres is celebrated as the Manifest Destiny.

There was no genocide in 1971. Let alone one committed by Pak Military.

There was a civil war, mostly, between militant leftist Hindus and Biharis. First Biharis killed 100k+ Hindus with thousands raped. Hindus then massacred 100k+ Biharis in revenge. To this day Biharis are scared of leaving their UN protected refugee camps.

Hasina executed those involved in the killing of Hindus.

We now need same justice for the Biharis.

About 25K+ Bangladeshi Muslims died - mostly liberation warriors and civilians in cross fire.

Sheikh Mujib confirmed the total deaths as THREE lakhs but RAW propagandists turned it into THREE million deaths.

Very few Bangladeshi Muslims believe the three million number. It’s a joke that trivialises actual deaths of our heroic liberation warriors.

Tell us something we already don't know.
Also give the lands back to the red indians if you have such high moral standards.
Rich coming from a country built on a robbed land.

Something is brewing in US spheres about Pakistan. Interesting development!

Two influential American lawmakers have introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives that urges the US President to recognise the atrocities committed against ethnic Bengalis and Hindus by the Pakistani armed forces in 1971 as a genocide.
Everyone wants to know how many people were killed in 1971. Some people claim it was 3 million, some say it was 300,000. Sarmila Bose of Kolkata says it was about 35,000 people died including Razakar, Hindus, and Biharis.

I personally want the names of those who were killed in that war. So, I ask the authority in BD to start doing a census about the number of the dead with their names instead of bickering over 3 million killed.

But, is our BAL party willing to conduct a census and find the truth?

Everyone wants to know how many people were killed in 1971. Some people claim it was 3 million, some say it was 300,000. Sarmila Bose of Kolkata says it was about 35,000 people died including Razakar, Hindus, and Biharis.

I personally want the names of those who were killed in that war. So, I ask the authority in BD to start doing a census about the number of the dead with their names instead of bickering over 3 million killed.

But, is our BAL party willing to conduct a census and find the truth?

Given Bangladesh’s population at the time - three million dead - would mean virtually every family would have lost 2-3 members.

The only person to die from our large clan was my father’s second cousin. He was a doctor and was a prominent vocal AL member. He was arrested at night apparently and never came back.

However, I do believe the 300k number.

Biharis were the bedrock of Rajakars. And brutally murdered and raped Hindus as they were the most vocal anti Pakistanis. Biharis knew the menace of Hinduvta and wanted Pakistan kept United.

But Biharis were massacred by RAW and Hindus. Biharis went to UN refugee camps to escape annihilation.

Number of Bangladeshi Muslim deaths were no more than 25k.

It’s time to move on and to stop exaggerating the number of deaths.

There was a civil war, mostly, between militant leftist Hindus and Biharis. First Biharis killed 100k+ Hindus with thousands raped. Hindus then massacred 100k+ Biharis in revenge. To this day Biharis are scared of leaving their UN protected refugee camps.

About 25K+ Bangladeshi Muslims died - mostly liberation warriors and civilians in cross fire.

Sheikh Mujib confirmed the total deaths as THREE lakhs but RAW propagandists turned it into THREE million deaths.

Very few Bangladeshi Muslims believe the three million number. It’s a joke that trivialises actual deaths of our heroic liberation warriors.

Either you are a liar or you are an ignorant clown. Either speak truth or just STFU.

Either you are a liar or you are an ignorant clown. Either speak truth or just STFU.
Every genocide has mass graves you can point to.
Where are they?
Where are 3 million mass graves?
Bones should be coming out the ground like mushrooms.
Here is a picture I personally took from a mass grave in Cambodia.
Where are these pictures from Bangladesh?
Screenshot 2022-10-07 093415.png

We were all living in fools paradise believing and defending this institution for decades. After seeing how far this corrupt institution can go, I think we will have to agree with the fact that East Pakistani must have be subjected to the same atrocities West Pakistanis are facing under this extension of East Indian army.

Any mass graves ever discovered?

Papa John army did not learn a lesson from 1971 they were
ready to repeat the mistake on 25th May azadi march.

They fired tear gas and rubber bullets on women and children,
since that day I have lost respect for the Army.

If IK did not call off the march then there would of been a bloodbath.
Army was not there. You sound like an Indian

Any mass graves ever discovered?

I think there was one - just outskirts of Dhaka. Believed to be where prominent intellectuals were murdered.

Numbering a few hundred.

Apart from that there was none.

It was a civil war between Hindus and Biharis with pak army as useless bystanders.

Bangladeshi Muslims were led by professional soldiers like Gen Osmany. We were not victims of a genocide nor took part in one.

We Bangladeshi Muslims are a peaceful people.

In the U.K. - paks and Hindus are on the cusp of a sectarian war. Cities like Leicester and Birmingham are on war footing thanks to their rampant hatred and violence.

Violence is in their blood.

Pakistan Army Committed Genocide: US Resolution On 1971 Bangladesh Atrocities​

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican member, tweeted.​

World Press Trust of India
Updated : October 15, 2022 10:06 am IST

Pakistan Army committed genocide in Bangladesh, says resolution introduced in US House

Washington:

Two influential American lawmakers have introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives that urges the US President to recognise the atrocities committed against ethnic Bengalis and Hindus by the Pakistani armed forces in 1971 as a genocide.

Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna and Congressman Seve Chabot introduced the resolution in the US House of Representatives on Friday which among other things calls on the government of Pakistan to offer apologies to the people of Bangladesh for its role in such a genocide.

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican Party member, said in a tweet.

"The Bangladesh Genocide of 1971 must not be forgotten. With help from my Hindu constituents in Ohio's First District, Ro Khanna and I introduced legislation to recognise that the mass atrocities committed against Bengalis and Hindus, in particular, were indeed a genocide," Chabot said.

Khanna, a Democrat and the US Representative from California's 17th congressional district, tweeted that he along with Chabot introduced the first resolution commemorating the 1971 Bengali Genocide in which millions of ethnic Bengalis and Hindus were killed or displaced in one of the most forgotten genocides of "our" time.

There was a genocide. Millions of people were killed (in 1971) in what is now Bangladesh, and what was then East Pakistan. About 80 per cent of those millions that were killed were Hindus, Chabot, US Representative for Ohio's 1st congressional district, said.

"And it was, in my opinion, a genocide just like other genocides - like the Holocaust - happened. And there were others that have occurred, and this was one that, thus far, hasn't really been declared by definition. And we are working on this now," he said.

The resolution has been welcomed by the Bangladeshi community.

Saleem Reza Noor, whose family members were brutally murdered by armed Islamists in 1971, expressed relief after 51 years of despair.

"Our genocide is finally getting recognition in the US Congress," Noor said.

He expressed satisfaction as both Republicans and Democrats joined forces to introduce a historic resolution that has the potential to reshape the geopolitics of South Asia, Central Asia, and the Indo-Pacific.

Priya Saha, executive director of the Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM), said: "On this 51st anniversary of Bangladesh's independence, we hope that millions of people in Bangladesh who were systematically exterminated by the Pakistan army and their collaborators in 1971 will be formally memorialised."

Aroma Dutta, a member of Parliament from the Hindu community in Bangladesh whose grandfather and uncle were killed by the Pakistan Armed Forces, said: "My grandfather, Dhirendra Nath Datta (85 years), along with his son, Dilip Datta (40 Years), were picked up by the brutal Pakistani Army on the 29th of March, 1971.

"They were taken into the Mainamati Cantonment in Cumilla, brutally tortured for more than two weeks and murdered; their lifeless bodies were thrown into a ditch, never to be found. Until today, they lie in a mass grave," she said.

"I want the killers to be punished for murdering innocent people, including the elderly, young women, and children," she said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Millions of people were killed (in 1971) in what is now Bangladesh, and what was then East Pakistan. About 80 per cent of those millions that were killed were Hindus, Chabot, US Representative for Ohio's 1st congressional district, said.

Where did he got his stats of millions

Better us Congress better verify this claim

Before doing a political stunt for two congressmen local politics

Pakistan Army Committed Genocide: US Resolution On 1971 Bangladesh Atrocities​

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican member, tweeted.​

World Press Trust of India
Updated : October 15, 2022 10:06 am IST

Pakistan Army committed genocide in Bangladesh, says resolution introduced in US House

Washington:

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican Party member, said in a tweet.

"The Bangladesh Genocide of 1971 must not be forgotten. With help from my Hindu constituents in Ohio's First District, Ro Khanna and I introduced legislation to recognise that the mass atrocities committed against Bengalis and Hindus, in particular, were indeed a genocide," Chabot said.

Khanna, a Democrat and the US Representative from California's 17th congressional district, tweeted that he along with Chabot introduced the first resolution commemorating the 1971 Bengali Genocide in which millions of ethnic Bengalis and Hindus were killed or displaced in one of the most forgotten genocides of "our" time.

There was a genocide. Millions of people were killed (in 1971) in what is now Bangladesh, and what was then East Pakistan. About 80 per cent of those millions that were killed were Hindus, Chabot, US Representative for Ohio's 1st congressional district, said.

"And it was, in my opinion, a genocide just like other genocides - like the Holocaust - happened. And there were others that have occurred, and this was one that, thus far, hasn't really been declared by definition. And we are working on this now," he said.

The resolution has been welcomed by the Bangladeshi community.

Saleem Reza Noor, whose family members were brutally murdered by armed Islamists in 1971, expressed relief after 51 years of despair.

"Our genocide is finally getting recognition in the US Congress," Noor said.

He expressed satisfaction as both Republicans and Democrats joined forces to introduce a historic resolution that has the potential to reshape the geopolitics of South Asia, Central Asia, and the Indo-Pacific.

Priya Saha, executive director of the Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM), said: "On this 51st anniversary of Bangladesh's independence, we hope that millions of people in Bangladesh who were systematically exterminated by the Pakistan army and their collaborators in 1971 will be formally memorialised."

Aroma Dutta, a member of Parliament from the Hindu community in Bangladesh whose grandfather and uncle were killed by the Pakistan Armed Forces, said: "My grandfather, Dhirendra Nath Datta (85 years), along with his son, Dilip Datta (40 Years), were picked up by the brutal Pakistani Army on the 29th of March, 1971.

"They were taken into the Mainamati Cantonment in Cumilla, brutally tortured for more than two weeks and murdered; their lifeless bodies were thrown into a ditch, never to be found. Until today, they lie in a mass grave," she said.

"I want the killers to be punished for murdering innocent people, including the elderly, young women, and children," she said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

CIA already assessed this conflict years ago.....it calculated 300k causalities of which Pakistani forces were responsible for 100K. USA house of representatives can now investigate why the figures being presented Ro Khanna don't included any causalities from collateral damage deaths caused by Indian forces during the invasion. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom