What's new

Devyani Khobragade case: Top US leadership feels diplomat row 'most stupid thing to do'

The damage is done ....US leadership was in the loop right since beginning ....
Now US will try to put up its best show of charades ....but we know very well.

all these stupid things were done in deliberate manner .

If US authorities had really cared ...least they could have done was to at least indicate what was in the offing to the top external affairs ministry personnel who were there in meeting with their US counterparts during which all this drama took place ....and US dragged this stupid drama for whole 1 month .....Perhaps US really underestimated Indian media ....and what it can do to anybody ...

I am glad that India stood its ground ...and had last say ....

I am glad that India did not stop with diplomat's release but expelled US diplomat in retaliation ....

The best thing is that it has opened eyes in south and north block ....

American honeymoon is over ....we are done with strategic relationship with America .

Let us pledge to have only working relationship with Uncle Sam ....
....for nothing remains same Uncle Sam !!!

As long as she does not step her food on the US, she is fine.

I am happy that US authorities have admitted that it was the most stupid things to do ....

Hope they will remember this in future well !

Last edited:
She can be a diplomat and can also work for UN in the future, if the charges framed on her are false, Yeah she can visit USA in that case with out any problem.

She would not be allowed to enter the US. And I seriously doubt that the state department would regard her as a diplomat after all this. She survived a grand jury indictment and now is free to go with her "diplomatic immunity". So she should not try test American justice system and try to come back here. She won't be allow to come back as a diplomat, I can assure you of that.

It was akin to Raymond Devis episode. First let them break the code and then snatch him .

Who told you that US asked India to withdraw her in September itself ??

Read the news buddy.

This is how these unpleasant issues are dealt with.

She would not be allowed to enter the US. And I seriously doubt that the state department would regard her as a diplomat after all this. She survived a grand jury indictment and now is free to go with her "diplomatic immunity". So she should not try test American justice system and try to come back here. She won't be allow to come back as a diplomat, I can assure you of that.

We don't care ...we had last say . we expelled American diplomat in retaliation ....and US can't do anything about it besides expressing deepest of its regrets and hoping that this will bring closure .

India has put end to the stupidity that US started ....!!!

Oh bhai, Bharara is also of Indian origin. You cannot selectively apply adage as it suits your argument. .

He was born in India, but grew up in U.S. He just didn't spend enough time to be molded in the Indian cast !!

She isn't acquit of her crime in court, US justice department didn't contest her transfer to UN mission but US justice reenforce the retroactive immunity therefore she ordered to leave the US immediately or face prosecution from the court.

It's total oppose of what I read on Google News and Yahoo News which collect news from all over the world. Even The Hindu suggests it was a blunder on India's part. Another BIG WHITE LIE by the OP.

Quoting an anonymous source is lame. And who is this Top US Leadership. Faceless and nameless. Even if the person truly exists, is is/her opinion official? Any Joe Blow can open his/her mouth.

Read the news buddy.

This is how these unpleasant issues are dealt with.

Link would help. I Googled but didn't find that US asked India to withdraw Khobragade in september itself.

She isn't acquit of her crime in court, US justice department didn't contest her transfer to UN mission but US justice reenforce the retroactive immunity therefore she ordered to leave the US immediately or face prosecution from the court.

Its true that once she step on American soil, she will be arrested. She cannot come back here.

Obama is weak that it allow a backward country like India to push him around. If US has real president, this diplomat can only be free by the justice system. And you Indians are pathetic for supporting a criminal.

Its true that once she step on American soil, she will be arrested. She cannot come back here.

Obama is weak that it allow a backward country like India to push him around. If US has real president, this diplomat can only be free by the justice system. And you Indians are pathetic for supporting a criminal.

She not allow to be back in the US, wasted resource to contest her transfer to UN mission, she out of the US and won't be back in the US in the near future or forever.

She not allow to be back in the US, wasted resource to contest her transfer to UN mission, she out of the US and won't be back in the US in the near future or forever.

Yap, she will never come back. And she is stupid enough to do that, India will not protect her the 2nd time around.

@butthurts , give this news some rest.. don't worry you will get some news to troll on India later.. :victory1:

Yap, she will never come back. And she is stupid enough to do that, India will not protect her the 2nd time around.

She's an UN diplomat. Accordingly she can be accredited to the UN and thus if required she has to be given a visa for the US. That was one of the agreements the UN had, in order to place their head quarters in NY.

India was asked to withdraw her without all the drama back in September, India didn't do it.

There was no formal request of such nature. India knew about this issue and could have taken preemptive measures but the US hadn't requested her withdrawal. If they did India would have removed her. That is how things generally works in the diplomatic circle.

She's an UN diplomat. Accordingly she can be accredited to the UN and thus if required she has to be given a visa for the US. That was one of the agreements the UN had, in order to place their head quarters in NY.

She can be given a visa per say, however if she isn't given a diplomatic visa, she will be arrested by the police and prosecuted.

Back
Top Bottom