What's new

Development works done in East Pakistan during Pakistan time

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dubious , for a sticky thread this title looks a bit absurd . IMHO this title proposed by bluesky should work well .
Changing the title will encourage positive-minded people to participate in the discussion.
This title proposed by @bluesky is
" Development works were done in East Pakistan during Pakistan time " .
Thanks and regards.
Let them be. Let's see what they claim next as their "contribution".

Chittagong university established by Pakistan 1966.

400px-University_of_Chittagong_logo.svg.png

"Fruitful discussion" is out of question given the thread title and obvious intent. Best to watch the comedy unfold from the sidelines.
Old title is already changed . This new title was proposed by a Bangladeshi poster @bluesky , and i requested @Dubious to change the old title to the new one, thanks to him for this . So pakistanis are not responsible for this new title , but we are, because this is the title of bluesky .
If we can discuss the bad things of a regime , we also can discuss the good things of that time too . Being one eyed monster will not give us any benefit . We should have this courage to call black is black and white is white .

"What west Pakistan did for east Pakistan".
Why the title is like this? It should be what development works were done in East Pakistan during Pakistan time. You are talking as if the east took money from your father's pocket to do the works. It is hilarious!! @waz, please change the title so that positive-minded people can participate in the discussion.

Now, we should come out with another thread titled, "What east Pakistan did in west Pakistan". Seems many of the things including your import of the decorative grass turf for Islamabad from France were done with our money. Can you deny it? But, you are talking as if your dirt-poor desert west Pakistan was a super-rich country like America and you gave us so many donations. Stop writing meaningless fuzzy things.
@Al-Ansar here is the title part ( bold red) from the post of @bluesky .

Old title is already changed . This new title was proposed by a Bangladeshi poster @bluesky , and i requested @Dubious to change the old title to the new one, thanks to him for this . So pakistanis are not responsible for this new title , but we are, because this is the title of bluesky .
If we can discuss the bad things of a regime , we also can discuss the good things of that time too . Being one eyed monster will not give us any benefit . We should have this courage to call black is black and white is white .

Well a "regime" is nothing without the people. If a fairly represented regime was in place we would have had 10x the development.

There are so many threads of things Pakistan did bad to Bangladesh but trust me after I am over with this thread Bengali can weigh in how much was spent on Bangladesh. A single project of Kaptai dam costed $500 million back then. It was built by USA company and paid by Pakistan. Now $500 million is more than the revenue Bangladesh can generate in 7 years in 1957 when the project was started.

Well a "regime" is nothing without the people. If a fairly represented regime was in place we would have had 10x the development.
unfortunately our real development started since this current regime of sheikh hasina , and that was after 40 years of our independence. It's 47 years now . So our post war regimes were also not so fairly represented , that's why we had almost no development before the Hasina regime . In 2001 BNP regime almost everything ( that was not too big though ) was destroyed . Now lets move forward , IMHO it's the best way .

There are so many threads of things Pakistan did bad to Bangladesh but trust me after I am over with this thread Bengali can weigh in how much was spent on Bangladesh. A single project of Kaptai dam costed $500 million back then. It was built by USA company and paid by Pakistan. Now $500 million is more than the revenue Bangladesh can generate in 7 years in 1957 when the project was started.

Yes , we should have the courage to call black is black and white is white . I have no disagreement on this . Just the real complain was about few disparities and some other things . Although it's not relevant here , still it can be discussed, and I think @bluesky is much more qualified than me to comment on such things as I am not good at history . And any good discussion can be a great thing in a friendly atmosphere .Thank you :-)
@BHarwana

Last edited:
Discrimination against Bengali population, killing of Hindu civilians to name a few

I think the language movement was not started by Pakistan. It was started by India and Bengali bought the narrative. Apart from that if there was discrimination the level of money being poured into Bangladesh in 10 years is far greater to negate any discrimination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Development by Hassina? Lol
Tell me how much water has Hassina brought from India. If it was not for Pakistan who gave you those dams and industry sorry to say Hassina would have already sold you. The only dam which is supporting your food source was made by Pakistan and Hassina has lost water to India.
I was talking to him about post war ( after 1971 ) regime mean Bangladesh time , not Pakistan time :-). Mean I wanted to say that after pakistan Time, we have very few development before the current regime of Hasina ! And sometimes you need to serve in order to lead . Bangladesh is going under such process !

@Atlas : You see? This is the mentality I was talking about. As is the case with any nationality, a portion of Pakistanis cannot be reasoned with. Best to let them be.
I believe it's Misunderstanding . He thought that I have denied any development of Pakistan regime mate ! My English is terribly weak , so maybe it was my fault not to make him understand . So lets wait further and see what happen ! :-)
If no good result then it will be a disaster though !But i hope this thread will be positive , now just lets wait and observe ! @Al-Ansar

Last edited:
It is not about justifying the HARM....
Sadly, everyone knows what British Raj did...Mostly the good..not too much about the bad...For West Pakistan it is the opposite....NO ONE knows that any good was done! ONLY NEGATIVE is spread, it causes hate that results in some sort of relief and appreciation for the partition!

However, show me 1 thread that showed ANY GOOD that was done.....Everytime such a thread is allowed, it becomes a troll fest! It is as though either you know there was good and fail to acknowledge it! OR you dont know there was no good that just means too much negative propaganda...Even science today says dont be negative!
The thing is that I notice this south Asian shit show of a serial a distinct character of people who reside in these regions... people from these region who’ve grown up and reside elsewhere aren’t as salty. There’s no point in discussing the past...
Mostly the good..not too much about the bad
Well yeah, until you take into account the east India company before that... complete hogs

The thing is that I notice this south Asian shit show of a serial a distinct character of people who reside in these regions... people from these region who’ve grown up and reside elsewhere aren’t as salty. There’s no point in discussing the past...
Yet you keep bringing in the negative?

If you continue I will thread ban you...You have plenty of threads to flood with negativity!

THIS THREAD IS SPECIFICALLY for the other side of the story! If you deny it, you are lying coz EVERY story has 2 sides!

I am going to remove your posts now, BUT IF YOU CONTINUE, depending on the post, you will either be thread banned or warned! Like I said you can vomit your negativity on another thread not this one! If you dont have an ounce of POSITIVE in you, either be a silent reader to learn or exit.

The choice is yours!

THIS goes for EVERY MEMBER IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR NATIONALITIES!

@Atlas : You see? This is the mentality I was talking about. As is the case with any nationality, a portion of Pakistanis cannot be reasoned with. Best to let them be.

This is nothing against Bangladesh but a political statement and we can always have a political debate. The whole history text books of Bangladesh is full Hassina narrative and you are blaming my mentality that is very strange. For decades Awami leagues regime has done politics on anti Pakistan narrative so you tell me where is the bad mentality located. I just gave few threads in this week to highlight the issue and whole Bangladesh is complaining about it. Although you can ask @bluesky about Awami league if I am wrong. JI was Pakistani, now is BNP also Pakistani?

Wake up bro reality is very far from where you stand. You want to bash Pakistan there are many threads of Hassina brigade on the forum be my guest. But weight in this one thread is higher than those.

I have just given the development projects and any one is welcome to calculate the money. What east produced and what has been invested. We all can soothe math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom