What's new

Development works done in East Pakistan during Pakistan time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The largest jute processing factory in the world, at Narayanganj, an industrial suburb of Dhaka, was owned by the Adamjee family from West Pakistan.

@BHarwana , I am trying to find pics of this factory .

I have posted the image in the op check it plz.

@BHarwana check out medical colleges in BD.

Bangladesh Ordnance Factories (BOF) was commenced in 1968. It was inaugurated on 6 April 1970.

Yes I have much more than that wait. Coming.

East Pakistan agricultural university currently known as BAU established by Pakistan in 1961

2018-12-18-18-26-29-1137146764.jpg
images.jpg

And when they ask you that we gave them no power just tell them who was the first president of Pakistan. When they ask you that you never appointed any one to army just tell them it was you who imposed the first martial law in Pakistan.

Iskander Mirza the first president of Pakistan. Appointed in 1956. From east Pakistan current day Bangladesh.

View attachment 527464

Thank you. All for your patience. Now will post more after delays.
@BHarwana, you are partially correct. There were a total of four from the east who became either the Head of State or the Govt. The first one was Khwaja Nazimuddin of Dhaka after the death of Quaid-e-Azam. The 2nd was Mohammad Ali Bogra (PM), 3rd was Hussein Shahid Shrawardy (PM) and the fourth was Iskander Mirza (President). But, the would-be fifth (PM) was not allowed to form the next govt in 1971. He was Mujib and Pakistan was divided into two as a result.

Coastal Embankments in East Pakistan project established by Pakistan for flood management. It is the most studied project in the world and save many lives and crops from flood disasters. The project was established with million of dollars nd started in 1961.

ceep.jpg

Chittagong steel mill Pakistan's first steel mill in east Pakistan 1952.

View attachment 527340

Chittagong oil refinery 1963 established by Pakistan in east Pakistan.

View attachment 527342

Katpai Dam opened in 1962. Made by Pakistan in east Pakistan

View attachment 527344

Adamjee jute mill in east Pakistan 1950 world's biggest jute mill developed by Pakistan.

View attachment 527345

Orient Airways 1955 merged into PIA by Pakistan to supply aircrafts and develop airline.

View attachment 527346
Really a good thread..
Actually develpmnt wasn't issue at all but the perception of commoners of East Pakistan.
The Economic model adopted by Ayub khan was very much devoted to concerted areas. It wasn't like that whole west Pak was developing and it wasn't even like that whole east pakistan was underdeveloped but the areas of both sides were being developed and income inequality was the main problem.
Imo, our golden decade was golden for some regions not for whole pakistan and this sense of deprivation was common between the residents of both Pakistan but issue was excarbated with Bengalis only because they were totally different in their history, language, physique etc.
So econmy wasn't only factor, it may b color n language was at play...

Thanks for the thread. I wanted to post a topic different than this but u gave me impetus.

The largest jute processing factory in the world, at Narayanganj, an industrial suburb of Dhaka, was owned by the Adamjee family from West Pakistan.

@BHarwana , I am trying to find pics of this factory .
@Atlas , @BHarwana , You guys have to read this : specially @BHarwana you will find out great material for your thread ……. I cannot copy past , look at bottom , you will find out many more projects ..
http://www.istampgallery.com/pakistan-on-decade-of-development-1958-1968/
Okay I will read,I have saved it as book mark. Thanks for this link @CHACHA"G"

Lol you cannot prove me wrong here no matter what ever you do. :)

All these projects have a date line and history. :)

They are worth billions of dollars and this much cannot be produced by east Pakistan's economy. Sorry bro you are stuck :)

@django here is nice read for you.
Bro these chaps are a bunch of charlatans, we gave them more than enough yet in return we got Mukhti Bani,,,thank God we are no longer part of any union with them.Kudos bhai

Pakistan fight against Cancer ,,,,,, 3 centers in East Pakistan(Dacca , Chittagong , Rajshahi)
247-Fight-against-Cancer-Pakistan-Stamp-1967.jpg

First Oil refinery in east Pakistan :
277-First-Refinery-in-East-Pakistan-Chittagong-Pakistan-Stamp-1969.jpg

At the independence all JUT mills went into India , Pakistani Govt took earlier possible steps to fill the gap of JUT industry , Pakistani Govt established Jut industry in 1950
242-Major-Export-Products-Raw-Jute-Bale-Cloth-Pakistan-Stamp-1967.jpg

@Atlas , it wasn't a regime lol
Elections-for-National-Assembly-of-Pakistan-1970.jpg

Agriculture :
The ownership of agricultural land remained one of the most difficult problems in the Bangladesh countryside. During British rule, elite large landowners, many of them absentee landowners, owned most of the land in East Bengal. After 1947 new laws abolished large estates and set limits on the amount of land one person could own. Many big Hindu landlords moved to India, but the wealthy Muslims who bought up their holdings.
The Comilla Model, which began in 1959, has been the most successful and influential example of cooperative agricultural development in Bangladesh. Projects in Comilla District provided more modern technologies to farmers: low-lift water pumps; low-cost hand-dug six-inch tube wells; pilot research on adapting thirty- five-horsepower tractors for rice cultivation; new crop and animal varieties; testing and introduction of such inputs as chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and high-yield varieties of seeds; and new storage and processing technology.

Last edited:
Coastal Embankments in East Pakistan project established by Pakistan for flood management. It is the most studied project in the world and save many lives and crops from flood disasters. The project was established with million of dollars nd started in 1961.

View attachment 527474
Even the name "Pakistan" is written in three languages.

Only today I got to know that Bangladeshis just cry for nothing...

Chittagong Medical College and Hospital.
Established in 1957 by Pakistan and functional in 1960 and further upgraded in 1969.

images-1.jpg

Even the name "Pakistan" is written in three languages.

Only today I got to know that Bangladeshis just cry for nothing...

What can I say they said we looted them. Man all this development done in just 10 to 15 years is not looting. It is our money they took and still blamed us. I hope this thread is an eye opener for them and they make better decisions for their future away from propaganda. They can bash us all they want but they don't have a reason for that bashing.

Please look at the magnitude of all these projects and tell me Bangladesh economy was so much big that it could manage all this in 15 years? This is unbelievable. My Bengali friends have all the liberty to curse me if I post one wrong project. If today you ask Bangladesh to develop all these projects even with the help of USA or China they cannot do it in 15 years. Under CPEC we are getting much less projects than the development in Bangladesh. Many Indians and Hassina brigade reported This thread because it caters the core issue bro. After all this one can know where the actual fault exists.

Not a big deal,rest of all strength of that era was coming from just 4 districts 2 in Punjab and 2 in NWFP.Till 2000 these 4 districts were enjoying lot of Army Jobs,then someone came and divided everything on population of all Pakistani districts.
I wasn't saying it's a big deal. Just pointing out a factual error. Besides, less Bengali men was found to be beneficial in the long run it turned out to be good, given you lost only a fraction of your forces. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom