What's new

Desperate afghans hanging onto US C17 landing gear

they took the risk of flying the plane with over capacity

Incorrect. A C-17 can carry about 170,000 lbs, which is about 850 people at 200 lbs each, roughly.

Last edited:
The economy was the root cause of Soviet collapse the events you mentioned in your post was a consequence of the rot that began to set in decades ago. Some of my friends that grew up in Moscow in the 80's speak of unprecedented economic hardships that their parents or their grand parents hadn't witnessed. But as is typical with authoritarian regimes the problems were brushed under the carpet and everyone pretended everything was just fine.

People forget that Soviet death toll in Afghanistan was estimated at 15,000 and the economic cost of a seven year occupation is projected at max 50 billion dollars. By itself this is just minor hardship for a country as large as the Soviet Union over a seven year period. The narrative that Afghanistan caused the Soviet Union to collapse is a popular fable in Pakistan but it is not founded on facts.

I've explained this a couple of times on here too. The USSR had a lot of issues and it was meant to go down, whether by staying in Afghanistan, economically, or through the states they couldn't keep intact. It was coming. Afghan war was just one factor that failed the USSR as a super power and allowed the states to gain courage and cut through.

The Soviet Union had collapsed long before they left Afghanistan they just didn't know it. Soviet Union collapsed thanks to it command economy it had very little to do with Afghanistan.

True but don't you guys think US is heading towards a civil war between conservative whites vs the rest due to various reasons ?

Would like your opinion on it ... Thanks

True but don't you guys think US is heading towards a civil war between conservative whites vs the rest due to various reasons ?

Would like your opinion on it ... Thanks

American Civil War? Nah, Chinese Civil War is more imminent.

LOL look who is here. Oldie woke up.

Your Indian friends are in panic. You did a really good one LOL
If its anything like Vietnam war repeat, then we should be due for victory in Gulf War style repeating history right?
Welcome back and thanks for stabbing the Indians LOL

Indians will get over it.

If its anything like Vietnam war repeat, then we should be due for victory in Gulf War style repeating history right?

Indians will get over it.

I like you oldie. Your sense of humor is worth billions.

The Americans should take them all in.
Take some to Russia, they started the whole thing when they invaded Afghanistan in 1979. Not to mention Russia is vast and population is shrinking. It would help Russia in the long run.
Inside the infamous flight Reach 871 C17 Globemaster ---
Kudos to the crew who pulled this off

View attachment 770497

I thought they only rescue the dogs and give them seats?
It's all over for US and it's allies. Taliban doesn't give a damn what "media" say, they have been labelled terrorists for 20 years by the very media.

I genuinely beleive the people that are running away aren't young kids trying to escape to west. They had the option do so in Ghani government too. They are the same people who want to suck up to US just like many in Pakistan here. Even Taliban knew many Pro US ordinary Afghans would try to leave and if you haven't been following news the taliban are allowing everyone who wants to leave, can leave.

Taliban just do not care about Media now. Only we Pakistani's are obsessed with what would western media try and say. We so desperately want to be in their good books. Just screw the media like taliban, i do not know when would Pakistani's wake up and stop pleasing west for brownie points.

You think they don't care about the media but they know its very important and to prevent what Taliban calls "moral assassination."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom