What's new

Deserter army doctors in US, UK in trouble

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Deserter army doctors in US, UK in trouble

ISLAMABAD: Innumerable Pakistan Army officers belonging to its Medical Corps, including colonels and majors, have deserted during their foreign training courses, it was learnt.

After having graduated from the Army Medical College and commissioned in the Pakistan Army’s Medical Corps, these army officers when sent to foreign countries like the US, the UK and Australia never came back. According to sources, the Surgeon General of the Pakistan Army has formally approached the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) with the first batch of deserter officers to de-notify their registration.

The PMDC, the sources said, has also been asked to get the registration of these deserters cancelled in the countries of their present residence.The actual number of these deserters is said to be quite high but the army authorities have so far communicated the names of 10 officers. The PMDC has been asked “to de-notify registration of Army Medical Corps deserter officers with PMDC and parallel organisations of adopted/host countries of these officers”.

Most of these deserters were sent abroad for higher education/training on government expenses but they opted not to come back and started practising medicine in the countries like US, UK and Australia.

The names of the first batch of 10 officers facing action include Lt Col Farook Yousaf Khan (PA-111887), went to USA and deserted with effect from Sept 1, 1995; Maj Muhammad Khalid Jamal Ghani (PA-101770), went to USA and deserted w.e.f Nov 28, 1999; Maj Adnan Mansoor (PA-101860), gone to UK and deserted w.e.f Jan 08, 1996; Maj Riaz Ahmed (PA-102286), deserted w.e.f

Dec 26, 1998; Maj Amir Riaz Malik (PA-102562), deserted w.e.f Nov 19, 2001 and had gone to UK; Maj Syed Babar Ajaz (PA-102748), deserted w.e.f Oct 05, 2000 and had gone to UK; Maj Hif Ur Rehman (PA-102768), deserted on Sept 27, 2002, had gone to UK; Maj Hafeez Khalid (PA-103143), deserted w.e.f July 05, 2009, had gone to Australia; Maj Syed Sibte Hadi (PA-116713), deserted w.e.f Jan 03, 2001, had gone to UK; and Capt Zaeem Azhar Siddiqi (PA-102215), deserted w.e.f Sept 04, 1996, had gone to US.

Some of these officers were sent on a four year course, some had gone for two years training and a few had gone for foreign courses on their own expenses but never came back.On the basis of the request from the Pakistan Army, the PMDC is now supposed to move against these officers by de-notifying their registration as doctors.

Deserter army doctors in US, UK in trouble - thenews.com.pk

They deserve a bullet between their eyes for abandoning their country and the Army !!! :pissed:

I personally know many deserter Pakistan Army doctors they find the wealth being given in foreign countries more attractive then the prestige given to Army doctor.
Tahawwar hussain Rana who was involved and jailed for Mumbai attack was also an Army Desserter Doctor

Cowards! Went on govt expense and then denied their motherland the service she needed!
They are not worth bringing back now! Cancel their citizenship and label them traitor.

They deserve a bullet between their eyes for abandoning their country and the Army !!! :pissed:
This trend is very wide spread unfortunately!
Although an Army Doctor earns Way more then regular army personell . A regular gynaecologist say ,Lt Col, in Lahore earns in Lakhs because they are allowed to check civilian patients in the Evening charging 300 rs Each excluding thousands they earn from operations etc moreover they are allowed to give lectures in CMH medical college for which they are paid seperatly...
still Many doctors have deserted Pak army for greener pastures abroad some don't want to bear hardships of postings.
Espirit de Corps is deficient in AMC i guess

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz aprove my post please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowards! Went on govt expense and then denied their motherland the service she needed! They are not worth bringing back, their citizenship should be canceled and they should be labeled as traitors.

This trend is very wide spread unfortunately!
Although an Army Doctor earns Way more then regular army personell . A regular gynaecologist say ,Lt Col, in Lahore earns in Lakhs because they are allowed to check civilian patients in the Evening charging 300 rs Each excluding thousands they earn from operations etc moreover they are allowed to give lectures in CMH medical college for which they are paid seperatly...
still Many doctors have deserted Pak army for greener pastures abroad some don't want to bear hardships of postings.
Espirit de Corps is deficient in AMC i guess

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz aprove my post please.

If they are being paid that kind of money, then they must be worth it ..
It is very difficult to encourage, or motivate any one not to accept better financial gains.
Don't get me wrong, I have no love for AMC.
However your argument could have been better.

I know some Infantry, armor , and several Sig and EME officers who are residing in Europe / USA.

While we are at counting benefits of AMC Vs Rest of the force;
It is pertinent to evaluate that AMC will never enjoy the power or money (Defense housing, procurement, etc) that others will get.

So my suggestion is to treat this phenomenon as a national short coming, and just another example of brain drain.

Last edited by a moderator:

What about those thousands of civilian doctors who went abroad and never returned, on whom governament spent alot in governament medical colleges. In a way they are also deserters as country needs them yet they give up on it. A bulk of overseas pakistani members with dual nationalities also are deserters, they or their parents give up on pakistan. Many of the members here might be childern of doctors.

بے غیرت لوگ
And look at seargeon general after more than a decade he has decided to denotify these bay ghairats.

i think its a natural and modern process going on called "Brain Drain" the rich countries not only draining doctors across the globe, but all talented and brilliant professionals. So AMC doctors are not to blame for. No one wishes to leave his country, better to give them incentives of joining back, security to family and other facilities which a normal col or major got, then this brain drain could be stopped. But I think its a natural....
also, doctor is a doctor, no matter you cancelled his citizenship or PMDC registration, rather it would assure and force AMC doctor to believe, not to go back... so treat the issue with brain not with pursue to drain.... 
If they are being paid that kind of money, then they must be worth it ..
It is very difficult to encourage, or motivate any one not to accept better financial gains.
Don't get me wrong, I have no love for AMC.
However your argument could have been better.

I know some Infantry, armor , and several Sig and EME officers who are residing in Europe / USA.

While we are at counting benefits of AMC Vs Rest of the force;
It is pertinent to evaluate that AMC will never enjoy the power or money (Defense housing, procurement, etc) that others will get.

So my suggestion is to treat this phenomenon as a national short coming, and just another example of brain drain.

I think he is right. One of my relative also left army for foreign service. I think better to give some actual benefits to AMC doctors to stop Brain Drain

Military losing their talent is not a sole problem of Pakistan, happened even as big as US military, the US War machine.........

The common problem for those who desert (or left) their job in the Military and for the civilian one is simple (Regardless of which nation) - MONEY and REGONITION

It happened mostly to Junior Officer, Junior Enlist and Middle Ranked Officer (Field Grade) of professional trade (Like Doctor, Nurse, Lawyer, Technician, Mechanics and so on).

The problem is, those kind of people joined because of those free Professional Training, which usually will cost thousand and thousand of dollar if acquire in a normal way. The prospect of being a Junior officer in the military is not as glamour as in the outside, a serious pay gap (or difference) between a Junior Officer Military pay and Civilian sector pay, that's because paygrade in the Military is not calculated on job title, but ranks, so literally you can have an admin officer having the same pay as a doctor if they are of same rank and same service time. While out there in civilian world, you are probably looking at double the pay between a doctor and an officer manager.

For Junior Enlist, the pay gap is even worse, you literally have to be stupid to stay in the military if you are tradesman such as Vehicle Mechanic or other form of technician, in US, a garage mechanic can earn upward to 50,000 USD a year (Maybe more), while in the US Army, a junior mechanic (Private) pays 18,000 USD even a PFC pays 21,000 USD

However, things is a bit different in Field Grade Officer, most likely Colonel, or Lt Colonel, as those are seasoned Officer, however, while seasonal, their prospect of getting promoted beyond is not great. And sometime suffer from lack of job regonition, most of them will choose to retire on those rank after 20 years service (Most LTC and COL have to serve 20 year to get those rank, by then it will be on their mid-late 40s) and take the government pension and join the civil sector. And due to their nature of senior officer, their pays is seriously reflected on private sector. All the while they have all the government benefit on the side.

A Colonel in US Army earn about 110,000-150,000 depend on job at 15 + years service (9000 - 12,000 USD per month) Seriously, my brother earn that much before the ages of 35 working for boeing as a low-mid grade engineer......

Some people i know did escape into Canada after obtaining their professional certificate and set up business there instead of serving 4 to 6 years for the military, you know what the best part is? The qualification, once obtained, can be used internationally......

A Colonel in US Army earn about 110,000-150,000 depend on job at 15 + years service (9000 - 12,000 USD per month) Seriously, my brother earn that much before the ages of 35 working for boeing as a low-mid grade engineer......

Some people i know did escape into Canada after obtaining their professional certificate and set up business there instead of serving 4 to 6 years for the military, you know what the best part is? The qualification, once obtained, can be used internationally......

How can they use those qualifications? These qualifications should be directly tied to the army and any employer trying to hire would know of their flight from active duty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom