What's new

Defence spending to rise by 15 percent.

bd_4_ever

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Defence spending to rise by 15 percent

Dhaka, June 10 (bdnews24.com) – The proposed budget of the 2010-2011 fiscal year shows a rise of 15.12 percent in defence spending.

The new allocation stands at Tk 106.95 billion, which is more than eight percent of the total budget proposal.

In the current FY's budget, there was a Tk 91.82 billion allocation for the sector.

The finance minister, on Thursday, proposed a Tk 1321.7 billion budget for the 2010-11 FY, which is 16.9 percent of the GDP.

bdnews24.com/ra/ha/rn/mh/1719

:: biz.bdnews24.com ::

Tk 10,695 crore allocated
for defence

Staff Correspondent

The government has proposed allocation of Tk 10,695 crore for the defence sector for the 2010-11 fiscal year.

The proposed allocation is 6.1 per cent of the total proposed national budget of Tk 1,32,170 crore, which the finance minister, Abul Maal Abdul Muhith, announced in Parliament on Thursday.

The finance minister said that this allocation was Tk 1,512 crore higher than that of the outgoing 2009-10 fiscal year.

He said that that the government wants to continue to enhance the defence capability of the country by restructuring the defence system.‘We are continuing the enhancement of the facilities of higher training, and are providing modern military hardware and other benefits to the defense forces while reinforcing our diplomatic initiatives to ensure national security,’ said the minister.

He added that the members of the defence forces are making immense contributions to improving the image of the country by discharging their duties impeccably in peace-keeping missions across the globe.

He said, as mentioned earlier, that the formulation of a national defence policy, which reflects the people’s expectations, was already underway.The minister hoped that policy would be finalized in the next financial year.

Front Page

hmm by this comparison Pakistan defence budget is just 5 billion dollars versus 2.5 of sri lanka and 1.5 of Bangladesh.

I am really amazed i mean we just spend double amount than sri lanka.

hmm by this comparison Pakistan defence budget is just 5 billion dollars versus 2.5 of sri lanka and 1.5 of Bangladesh.

Simple Answer

Pakistan maintains a long range power projection that covers India, Sri Lanka does not maintain a long range power projection.

Sri Lanka needs its friends (China, Pakistan & Others) for long range power projection Support.

Sri Lanka 2010 Defence Spending at USD 2.5 Billion, 2011 Defence Spending will reach USD 3 Billion.

You guys have just recovered from a civil war....spending on your defence will logically be high, given currently you government is looking to re-build your Armed Forced....

Look at your geopolitical as well as geographical situation mate....the answer will be quite clear....

Defence spending to rise by 15 percent

Dhaka, June 10 (bdnews24.com) – The proposed budget of the 2010-2011 fiscal year shows a rise of 15.12 percent in defence spending.

The new allocation stands at Tk 106.95 billion, which is more than eight percent of the total budget proposal.

In the current FY's budget, there was a Tk 91.82 billion allocation for the sector.

The finance minister, on Thursday, proposed a Tk 1321.7 billion budget for the 2010-11 FY, which is 16.9 percent of the GDP.

bdnews24.com/ra/ha/rn/mh/1719

:: biz.bdnews24.com ::

16.9 % of GDP it's too much. they need to reduce it and spend the amount on development.

Happy to learn this. I wish you all the best. Keep up the good work. It seems like Bangladeshis are waking up these days. We also hear a lot of positive news about Bangladesh. Well done.

year to year its JUST $215 million increase. Most of defence budget goes for salary and benefit of forces.

I like to see what will be purchased with this $215 million as "bd-4_ever" claimed in his earlier thread from a propaganda site.

Back
Top Bottom