What's new

Deep Sea Port In Making - Way to go...

Please see the feasibility report which categorically rejected Mongla as a Ideal location.
Also west bengal were trying for a while for the deep sea port but could not bring any stake holder on board due to heavy siltation and shallowness of the water. Mongla does bear the same geographical characteristics as Calcutta.
Again if it were Mongla, how you could serve either myanmar or china and how we could make any money whatsoever. You probably even forgot all the commue influence and labor unrest on those parts of our country.:devil:

Feasibility report prepared for Indian consumption. The Americans seem to prefer Mongla. Chittagong can be upgraded and will be able to cater to China and India if necessary. Mongla will help in internal economic dynamics if deep sea port built there.

Feasibility report prepared for Indian consumption. The Americans seem to prefer Mongla. Chittagong can be upgraded and will be able to cater to China and India if necessary. Mongla will help in internal economic dynamics if deep sea port built there.

Indian consumption should be there as they will be our biggest customer. Wat USA has to do with this?? Does not make any sense.
How Mongla will help internal dynamics?? Mongla even unable to run a river port, how on earth they can run a deep sea port? Khulna is getting 5 Bln dollar of Indian investment is SEZ. They will be just fine, no need for any more affirmative action.

WE WANT THE DEEP SEA PORT IN ITS TRUE SENSE.

Chittagong and Khulna are both river port. They cant handle any mothership even they cant handle any large feeder vessel. Our goods comes to Singapore first then they were carried with feeder vessel to Cht. From those feeder vessel you need another smaller vessel to offload goods from deeper water and then bring them to Jetties. On the whole process we have 15-30% cost addition and making are goods uncompetitive in world market.

We need to upgrade the Cht and Mongla port for betterment of the current service offering but those ports are not good enough to handle 100000 DWT and above mother vessel.
Once we build our deep sea port we will be able to provide transhipment for most of the regional trades as well as can serve India, Myanmar and China.

Govt is pushing very hard for TAR(Trans asian railway) which will connect the port with Myanmar and China. I belive this port will be the key to our move towards a middle income country by 2025 (5000 USD per capita income).

Thanks

Bangladesh, given its trade volume now and in next 15 years, do not need to have mother vessel to come to its port. Besides, even if deep see port is build there has to be incentive for mother vessels to come to BD ports. Given Bangladesh trade volume there is no reason for next 15 years or so.

As you said real reason for juming up and down is ---

"Once we build our deep sea port we will be able to provide transhipment for most of the regional trades as well as can serve India, Myanmar and China."

Myanmar do not have any interest (as it has its own ports and in close proximity to other bigger ports in the region) in BD ports, neither does China at the moment. What left is india, it is to serve indian interest alone why Awami stooges and their chorots are ignoring other vital priorities and jumping on deep sea port.

We have seen Awami lie and decption from pre election day. But when it is time to deliver Awami stooges outright lied that they never promised such thing.

Before you get carried away and shower us with hoax and deception, show us the statistics on what is the projection for such port earning and how that will translate into $5000 USD per capital income.

Otherwise we know how to read your intention for indo-awami cause and we will be calling it.

Last edited:
Indian consumption should be there as they will be our biggest customer. Wat USA has to do with this?? Does not make any sense.
How Mongla will help internal dynamics?? Mongla even unable to run a river port, how on earth they can run a deep sea port? Khulna is getting 5 Bln dollar of Indian investment is SEZ. They will be just fine, no need for any more affirmative action.

We have tried making India our biggest customer for decades but for some reason the trade balance always remains in their favour. Do you really think that India will open its markets to our goods or trade on fair terms.

What is wrong if other countries like America want to invest in Mongla Port. Khulna and Rajshahi Division are in dire straits and they need a big push and just relying on India and its supposed $5 billion is a pipe dream.

What do you mean affirmative action? That is one half of the country. Would you want to give it away to India? We must improve the economic situation of all parts of the country and the Western part needs more impetus.

iajdani.... chill dude, there are few members on this forum and they will not support any activity which in any way can help improve relations with India even if these actions hurt BD in long or short term.

I love their artical and always use them as replacement of sleep pills.:D:P

Bangladesh, given its trade volume now and in next 15 years, do not need to have mother vessel to come to its port. Besides, even if deep see port is build there has to be incentive for mother vessels to come to BD ports. Given Bangladesh trade volume there is no reason for next 15 years or so.

As you said real reason for juming up and down is ---

"Once we build our deep sea port we will be able to provide transhipment for most of the regional trades as well as can serve India, Myanmar and China."

Myanmar do not have any interest (as it has its own ports and in close proximity to other bigger ports in the region) in BD ports, neither does China at the moment. What left is india, it is to serve indian interest alone why Awami stooges and their chorots are ignoring other vital priorities and jumping on deep sea port.

We have seen Awami lie and decption from pre election day. But when it is time to deliver Awami stooges outright lied that they never promised such thing.

Before you get carried away and shower us with hoax and deception, show us the statistics on what is the projection for such port earning and how that will translate into $5000 USD per capital income.

Otherwise we know how to read your intention for indo-awami cause and we will be calling it.

My intention is Bangladesh cause.. but you intention is not clear. Anti Bangladesh cause?? I dont see any other cause on these above statements.
Deep sea port is initiated by BNP govt and AL pledged in its manifesto that they will move that forward. Where is the deception??
Regarding the viability of the deep sea port, just read the feasibility study which will tell you with all the break downs. India, China, Myanmar all repeatedly requested Bangladesh for the port access. Instead of using your own obscure mind you need to see things with ground reality. Why not you do some googling about Srilankan deep sea port and see how they were benifited from serving India bound Ships. If the deep sea port is not viable, why emirates group are requesting govt to let them invest 2.3 bln dollar in it when Calcutta was unable to find any financier for their port.
Deep sea port itself will not make us a middle income country but the economic activities it will bring in this country will definitely help us moving towards that goal. :smokin:

Mongla is the ideal location for a deep sea port not the place suggested by the Indian HC which is only beneficial to India. A deep sea port in Mongla would raise the economic prospects in the eastern half of the country. Who cares what India needs?

Indians care what India needs, who else??? :crazy:

We are talking business here, not charity. Thank you.

We have tried making India our biggest customer for decades but for some reason the trade balance always remains in their favour. Do you really think that India will open its markets to our goods or trade on fair terms.

What is wrong if other countries like America want to invest in Mongla Port. Khulna and Rajshahi Division are in dire straits and they need a big push and just relying on India and its supposed $5 billion is a pipe dream.

What do you mean affirmative action? That is one half of the country. Would you want to give it away to India? We must improve the economic situation of all parts of the country and the Western part needs more impetus.

You have to keep in mind, we import more than a billion dollar of cotton and yarn from India which are bound for our textile sector. Also we import other raw materials, spices and food grains. Industrial products are not that much. On the other hand we only export industrial products. To get a clear picture we need to compare industrial products to industrial products and see how much trade surplus india have in theri favor. By saying so I am not defending India but we need India for our raw materials.

Regarding Rajshahi and Khulna, I am not against the development of that region. But affirmative action will do very little to achieving to that goal. We must have to accept that Chittagong and Dhaka is the growth center of the country and we will be better off if we just dont stire things up and divide the country. Khulan and Rajshahi have their own potentials and we have to just nurse them and bring them out of poverty and not by building two Padma bridge instead of one and not by installing a deep sea port of no use.

Last edited:
Govt is pushing very hard for TAR(Trans asian railway) which will connect the port with Myanmar and China. I belive this port will be the key to our move towards a middle income country by 2025 (5000 USD per capita income).

Thanks

We have seen Awami lie and decption from pre election day. But when it is time to deliver or proof, Awami stooges outright lied that they never promised such thing.

You are doing exactly the same here.

You are yet to come up any credible proof on deep sea port earning and how it will push per capital income to $5000. As such you are pushing propaganda bs for indo-awami cause not for Bangladesh.

India, China, Myanmar all repeatedly requested Bangladesh for the port access.

India always nagging to give port access. But for China and Myanmar request show the proof. Infect Bangladesh asked Myanmar to use current CTG port but instead indians are building a port for Myanmar.

Why not you do some googling about Srilankan deep sea port and see how they were benifited from serving India bound Ships.

Looks like you need to read the map and location before further exposing your intention. SriLanka's location is right in the middle of busiest sea lane. It would be natural to have bigger vessel to make port call there. Besides southern india has more trade and port activity to deal with. But at any case, you have validated my points with your own words this port at this time is to serve indian interest.

If the deep sea port is not viable, why emirates group are requesting govt to let them invest 2.3 bln dollar in it when Calcutta was unable to find any financier for their port.

Another claim - show the proof of which emirates group expressed interest for 2.3 billion dollars investment in deep sea port? Besides some of UAE/emirates business groups has reputation for making reckless investments.

Last edited:
Before I answer any of your question, "Why do you oppose to Deep Sea Port? because Indians will be allowed to use it?" If that is the case then there is no need for further discussion as deep sea port will only be viable if we do let India to use it, and Indian will be given access to it.
Now if you do accept this fact then we can talk about how feasible will it be and how much implication will it have in the overall socio economic condition in our country.

Before I answer any of your question, "Why do you oppose to Deep Sea Port? because Indians will be allowed to use it?" If that is the case then there is no need for further discussion as deep sea port will only be viable if we do let India to use it, and Indian will be given access to it.
Now if you do accept this fact then we can talk about how feasible will it be and how much implication will it have in the overall socio economic condition in our country.

As I said before, I am not oppose to have deep sea port. This project is not our priority now, not for for another 10 -15 years down the road.

It took you to dig a hole for yourself to admit this project is to serve indian interest more than Bangladesh. Yet why are you pulling for indian cause? Don't bother to answer this question we already know why.

But there are still unanswered questions from previous post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by iajdani

Thanks

India, China, Myanmar all repeatedly requested Bangladesh for the port access.
India always nagging to give port access. But for China and Myanmar request show the proof. Infect Bangladesh asked Myanmar to use current CTG port but instead indians are building a port for Myanmar.

If the deep sea port is not viable, why emirates group are requesting govt to let them invest 2.3 bln dollar in it when Calcutta was unable to find any financier for their port.

[Repost for an answer]

We have seen Awami lie and decption from pre election day. But when it is time to deliver or proof, Awami stooges outright lied that they never promised such thing.

You are doing exactly the same here.

You are yet to come up any credible proof on deep sea port earning and how it will push per capital income to $5000. You even added more claim that Myanmar and China seeking BD port access. You also claimed some emirates group expressed interest for 2.3 billion dollars investment for deep sea port. But you have not showed any credible proof on your stack of lies.

As such you are pushing propaganda bs for indo-awami cause not for Bangladesh. We know how to read your intention for indo-awami cause and we are calling it.

Last edited:
Priority project as I see right now according to their importance.
1) 5000 MW of added electricity generation.
2) Dhaka Chittagong higway.
3) Metro and expressway in Dhaka.
4) Coal mining
5) 15 Special economic zones.
6) Deep Sea port.
7) Padma bridge.
8) Infrastructure for ship building.
I want to see them completed withing the tenure of this government. I also want to see 40bln dollar export figure by the end of 2015 and which will be possible.

As I said before, I am not oppose to have deep sea port. This project is not our priority now, not for for another 10 -15 years down the road.

You have to show me the priority projects and show me how deep sea port will stop you doing other priority projects before you oppose to it. If this project become priority in 10-15 years why not we do it now and move ahead of time???? You forgot about submarine cable???

Back
Top Bottom