What's new

Ship carrying 80,000 ton coal berthed at Matarbari deep sea port.

That is a huge question mark. Indians - if they can help it, will not pay even 10% of our fees. Closer to "nothing" is their target.

So - if you open up the ports for them to use, they will muscle in showing all kinds of threats etc.

Just watch and see what happens.

This is well-proven.

The members of our chambers in Dhaka and Ctg. (some of whom are some of my very close friends) have been doing business with Indian folks.

Experience is not good. Compare that with our business people doing business with Chinese businessfolks.

I am guessing you don't have experience doing business with Indians.

In most cases the one-sided selfishness of Indian business' people is so obvious - it's laughable. Cheating and fraud are their hallmarks to a large degree.

Ask @beijingwalker brother about Chinese companies' experience of doing business with Indians.

It's well-known what Indian business principles are. They always want something for nothing.....
You are talking here about private trade between Indian and Chinese businesses. However, BD will do two main govt-to-govt businesses with India.

- One is its transshipment from Indian West to Indian NE. Indian govt cannot certainly short-circuit BD by not paying the service fees of using our land/ rivers.
- Indian goods that arrive in Matarbari are mostly private in nature. The importers have to pay the usual Handling Charge to the port authority. This is a BD govt authority and not a private company.
- Next is the transshipment of imported goods to Indian NE. Here, BD trucks and water vehicles are used and I do not think a BD company will do everything free for Indian companies and they go bankrupt.

You are talking here about private trade between Indian and Chinese businesses. However, BD will do two main govt-to-govt businesses with India.

- One is its transshipment from Indian West to Indian NE. Indian govt cannot certainly short-circuit BD by not paying the service fees of using our land/ rivers.
- Indian goods that arrive in Matarbari are mostly private in nature. The importers have to pay the usual Handling Charge to the port authority. This is a BD govt authority and not a private company.
- Next is the transshipment of imported goods to Indian NE. Here, BD trucks and water vehicles are used and I do not think a BD company will do everything free for Indian companies and they go bankrupt.

Thanks for the explanation, if proper fees are paid, there is no issue for importing essentials to NE.

But we must give preference to export of goods Made in Bangladesh, using our labor, than exporting finished Indian products made in Indian NE states.

Our people must eat and our future development hinges on us watching our interest carefully.

Thanks for the explanation, if proper fees are paid, there is no issue for importing essentials to NE.

But we must give preference to export of goods Made in Bangladesh, using our labor, than exporting finished Indian products made in Indian NE states.

Our people must eat and our future development hinges on us watching our interest carefully.
A regional economic process is a long-term affair. It is only now that Japan proposed a co-prosperity zone involving BD and Indian NE. It will take a few decades to materialize the concept.

Especially, Indian minds are very complex. On a very small level, Indian Hindus are business-oriented. But, when it is govt level they will think hundred times if BD will be more benefitted than the NE. This will hamper the process.

India and Indians are jealous of Bangladesh getting any benefit from their NE. Bloody idiot non-cut Malauns!!

Moreover, NE is an entity with many local govts which are then controlled by Delhi. So, the decision-making process in India will be very long which will derail the Japanese concept.

By the way, this concept is actually to benefit the NE. BD economy can grow without involvement with that cheap country India. India will remain a drag to BD.

Thank you SHW for building this port

@Destranator: Was about to post that, but then I saw you had already stolen my thunder.

Actually he has been a sane and reasonable commenter.

Thank you @Bilal9 bhai for your fair mindedness. Often, when an Indian poster praises the PDM/BAL it is assumed that they wish to convert Pak/BD into Indian colonies. Believe me, there is no such wish. I wish Hasina ji well because she has been good for BD and brought some kinds of development and progress to the fortunate people of BD which I would wish for my countrymen.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom