What's new

Dear Indians | We are NOT west Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway may i ask the powers that be why a one year old thread is being archaelogically excavated ? ::raise:

Someone needed a whipping boy in keeping with the traditions of the European court.
@Joe Shearer Typical Kansas city shuffle, much like I had pointed out before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan has never been more united than today , we aren't in the need of a boogeyman. I am sure there ARE people with firm belief in Akhand Bharat & there are a fair number of people maybe from an older generation of Indians who believe in reunification of S.continent.

If this is a matter of faith, not a matter of fact, why bother to discuss it?

So why Indians always view China-Pakistan as the anti-India movement?

China wants to diversify its diplomacy, not solely containing against India.

I know that this will sound strange, but not everything is about China and what people think about China. You may be disagreeably surprised to learn that there are 5.6 billion people outside China.

anyway may i ask the powers that be why a one year old thread is being archaelogically excavated ? ::raise:

Perhaps because someone somewhere is feeling tired and exhausted and needs a quick victory? You must read the Tagore poem on the destruction of the mock fort of Bundi.

Right, let's look at it this way... How many active Indians are there on this forum? Like 100? Out of those 100 (or whatever) 99.9% would vehemently oppose unification with Pakistan (me included). Taking this as a sample, apply the same to 1.2 billion Indians, most of whom couldn't care less about Pakistan (or world affairs in general for that matter) - What do you think would be the result?

NC, you going all out with the wine tonight? You give it up for lent or something? :D

Which moron constitutes that 0.01%?

Perhaps this is one of the types @Aeronaut might have met. Sounds the right incoherent, muddle-headed type.

Your command over Latin is to be admired. If only you had not spoilt the impression by adding those other ten meaningless words.

SA does not have a mono culture (in my opinion of course) there is as much difference between a Punjabi and a Tamil as there is between a Frenchman and a Mongol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, i have a lot of sympathy for India, since they shared a similar past like us, who were both being bullied by the imperialistic powers.

But i just find it hard to believe sometimes as those Indian members will defend the western imperialistic powers at any cost.

Help me with this one.

How are your (sapient) observations connected to the topic?

They are prolly lactose intolerant, or they could be Jains(Not Hindus).

And not even 0.0001% Hindus consume cow urine, seriously did you just visit or Madarssa or something(No offense)? The Pakistani guys I know here, they all went to Pakistan for a year(religious studies apparently) and came back all weird with these weird stereotypes:cheesy:

WHAT?

You haven't had Sippa Pissa Cow ka Cola? Honestly?

Its a classic non debate actor. Goodbye

That was just an example ! - you didn't get it. Yes i have visited madrassas , some of them are great learning platforms.

Hmm.

That clears up a lot.

What about Sindhi and Pashtun. :cheesy:

What about them, Sindhis Punjabis Pashtuns Baloch Kashmiri have had overlapping populations and ethnic mixing for centuries.

People don't consume fish with milk but never heard about milk and egg. Milk is an important food in Indian society.

Not eating eggs and meat is popular among indians but some i met said anything coming from animals is not allowed including milk.

There is a reason i didn't do that , small PDF population of Indian friends won't get me a satisfactory answer as it doesn't cover deeper Indian society.

But you are comfortable with your sample giving you sufficient evidence for your sweeping conclusions?

i don't know why indians are so against the creation of Pakistan. i just don't see how aryans and dravidians can live side by side. :hitwall:

Aryan and Dravidian are language groups and nothing more. :hitwall:

Sindhi language and Pashto language are unrelated like German and Arabic.

Kind of a cool thought, we have pretty much every surrounding ethnic group in India while the same cannot be said about our neighbors. It's cool how we have everyone connected. (This was one of my fascinations when I first started actually learning about India).

Lets not get into that - use your common sense , if you can't contribute to the discussion at least don't spoil it or i will be forced to get you a holiday ticket.

It is not to be ruled out entirely that, rather than go through an excruciating discussion about nothing in particular, he might be angling for a holiday.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't hold with what he's doing.it's a cop-out.

Excuse me i never mentioned onions. I was talking about Milk and Eggs. Secondly i said a lot of indian not all of them. I have seen indians eating meat like hell.

My onion statement was in relation to Aeronaut's statement. In any case, even the eggs don't apply here, as I have known a lot of terribly conservative Brahmin families, and even they permitted eggs. And Jains, the only major religious group who don't eat eggs, are still a minority, so saying "a lot of Indians" is incorrect.

And again, my whole point was how does this relate to Hinduism as OP states?

Not eating eggs and meat is popular among indians but some i met said anything coming from animals is not allowed including milk.

Post deleted......

Arguments were stretched to "such thought doesn't exist" - i had to prove it does.

And there were those of us who tried feebly to argue that it exists within a narrow ideological and theological context, and does not represent any deep feeling.

Mate thats a rare breed you met.... and you seems to be lucky to meet someone like that.... I am yet to come across something like that.... may be soon...

He's obviously met a lot of Jains. Their philosophy goes beyond not eating animals. It extends to not hurting animals in anyway whatsoever, so eggs, which are future animals are non-veg for them. Don't know about milk, but I have heard that onions, mushrooms, and a lot of vegetables are also not permitted to them for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom