What's new

Dear Indians | We are NOT west Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permit me to inform you that you have some pretty muddled ideas.

The Akhand Bharat slogan belongs to the RSS and its political arm, the BJP, and is also upheld by other front organisations of the RSS. In other words, by a set of religious bigots within Hinduism, and a set of political fascists by ideology within the political parties. Hinduism is alive and well, but it is to be hoped that the extremists will die out or be suppressed over time.

In either case, we are doing a better job of coping with our extremists than others in the neighbourhood.

i can safely say bjp does not want any kind of reunification with pakistan.....

why would they want more vote bank for congress ? :lol:

even the so called "liberal" hindus believe in the Akhand Bharat theory deep down inside, you see them opening threads on this forum about how Partition was completely unnecessary and how Muslims and hindus are "coexisting" in india.

There are some concepts and ideas that should be approached after a bare minimum of education.

Liberal Hindus, or agnostics, or Muslims, all believe that partition was based on a false feeling of insecurity which led to the creation of a totally false political ideology, the Two Nation Theory, which is completely exposed by the inability of one of the so-called nations to stay in one state, and by the demonstration of both the two nations co-existing in the other state. No Liberal wishes to reverse partition; they merely point out that it was based on a fallacy in the first place.

There is a considerable difference between the strange interpretation that you presented, and the reality of things.

About par for the course.

I can confirm that fact that many indians neither drink milk nor do they eat eggs or anything with eggs/milk in it.
I founded India-Pakistan society held so many events for indians but i have never seen a more unthankful bunch in my life. If i could just go back in time then i would rather name it Pakistani society.

People don't consume fish with milk but never heard about milk and egg. Milk is an important food in Indian society.

I live here and there and meet a lot of Indians all the time , i don't find convincing evidence of what you have just said.

They know , they can't achieve Akhand Bharat , they don't have the collective intelligence and cooperation nor the capability to do it.

It is possible that those Indians say the strangest things about your views in their reports. It seems to be a most peculiar dialogue going on, since at least on your part, you are looking for a view so patently ridiculous that it will give you great pleasure, satisfaction and mental relief to refute it with scorn. You are likely to hear what you want to hear, rather than what people are saying.

I live here and there and meet a lot of Indians all the time , i don't find convincing evidence of what you have just said.

They know , they can't achieve Akhand Bharat , they don't have the collective intelligence and cooperation nor the capability to do it.

It is not clear that this mythical population exists other than in a phantasy world of others, but as far as Indians - Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Bahai, Jews, the lot, are concerned, we have the collective intelligence and ability to cooperate, and the capability to stay together, to rise above the circumstances where we found ourselves sixty-something years ago, and to be recognised in the counsels of the world.

A good starting point, wouldn't you say? And wouldn't many other nations have wanted to be here?

Thats just my assessment , could be wrong , can't satisfy everyone.

Your assessment?

Interesting.

What do you do when you are not making these deep sociological and political assessments?

If you listen to my friends from pakistan (atleat in PDF) you might get a feeling that Hindu's are the most extremist religion in the world... and India is the most extremist country.... .....I dono how many of them belive this... but i certainly can see some very senior members (even to the level of mods)have this idea.... I am sure if they visit india and spend some time here... they would know whats the truth...

Rather we have the intelligence to see the dangers of Akhand Bharat...dangers of joining with a country so beset with radicalism, violence, religious supremacism. ethnic hatred etc.

As I said, no one want an Akhand Bharat in India...but if that is the boogeyman that you people need to keep your country united, be my guest.

In fact, this sounds more and more like a straw man argument. Create a totally ridiculous position, ascribe it to someone else without any basis, and sit back with a quiet smile of triumph after demolishing it. It is just that the other side has no clue that you have fought this hard battle and emerged with a famous victory.

What exactly was the point of this entire absurd proposition?

Akhand Bharat provides the Natural living Space and Defensive Borders to protect itself it will also give Akhand Bharat an advantage over china, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar are all necessary for it, the hindu nationalists would gain a foothold in Tibet, South East Asia, Central Asia, Indian and Arabia Sea you can understand why Akhand Bharat is so important.

Perhaps this is one of the types @Aeronaut might have met. Sounds the right incoherent, muddle-headed type.

South Asia does not have a common heritage or culture. Veritas.

Your command over Latin is to be admired. If only you had not spoilt the impression by adding those other ten meaningless words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be very depressing to fight the real battles that Pakistan has to in order to survive. How much better to win wars only you are fighting..........

some conservative brahmins also dont eat onions......

I know lotsa people who do not eat Onions/Garlic just because they can not bear the foul smell.. There is something called personal choice and got nothing to do with culture/religion.

Btw, I have not come across any Indian who don't drink milk. May be Vegans but Indians are vegetarians at the most but no way vegans.

In fact, this sounds more and more like a straw man argument. Create a totally ridiculous position, ascribe it to someone else without any basis, and sit back with a quiet smile of triumph after demolishing it. It is just that the other side has no clue that you have fought this hard battle and emerged with a famous victory.

Considering that any fool who tried to even moot any such notion of unification beyond it being an irrelevant ideological trope would probably get assassinated by his own compatriots, this whole exchange is an exercise in futility- debating over an issue which is as concrete as the evidence supporting unicorns.

@Aeronaut Perhaps a larger sample would help. Did it never occur to you that the distaste and disgust you hold for all that India is and all that India does is matched in equal intensity by the distaste that most Indians hold, including most of the posters here, for what Pakistan stands for and is. Mind you, even if there are 180 million Pakistanis who find the notion of unification to be catastrophic then they will hardly match the 1 billion+ Indians who agree with them wholeheartedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know lotsa people who do not eat Onions/Garlic just because they can not bear the foul smell.. There is something called personal choice and got nothing to do with culture/religion.

Btw, I have not come across any body who don't drink milk. May be Vegans but Indians are vegetarians at the most but no way vegans.

Even if some one chose not to drink milk.... would could be the their excuse????

Surely i don't have the PhD in Indian studies , but what i wrote is my experience which may or may not be applicable to the entire Indian society. Social make up is always diverse & there are bound to be some differences between a community or a faith.

It doesn't effect the point was trying to raise , im sure it made sense , i clearly see it.

And with your wisdom * If you haven't had a drunken Saturday night * you can tell , the possibility of that.

<sigh>

Everybody is entitled to his or her own point of view, based on his or her assessment of conditions around, or on the assessments of others.

That does not extend to the right to present these untested, unvalidated views as a generalisation. It does not permit more than a gossipy aside over a cup of tea.

Only a supremely out of touch with reality personality would imagine that such scattered and unprofessional findings from social or professional or even casual interactions mean anything worthwhile. They do not.

Joe Sir, hypothetical concepts like India never accepted Pakistan's existence or India want to conquer Pakistan were created in Pakistan to keep Pakistan always as a security state where army dominates every thing.

anyway may i ask the powers that be why a one year old thread is being archaelogically excavated ? ::raise:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom