What's new

Dear Indians | We are NOT west Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't eat onions and don't drink milk man those are some crazy Indians or Hindu's you met. Onions are used in almost every Indian food. Plus who can resist doodh chai.

There are orthodox Brahmins who don't take onions. Brahmins constitute roughly 5% of the population on an average, 10% in states where they are found in the largest concentrations.

They don't want partition reversed either.

As it happens, I am a left-winger, a liberal, and I support partition to the fullest. I agree that it was a much needed detox, and I am glad we got rid of the toxic elements.

Other than sentimental Punjabis, nobody, absolutely nobody wants a reversal of partition.

So if right-wingers and left-wingers from India do not want a unification I wonder where is this topic of Akand Bharat, one of the favourite topics of Pakistanis come from.

mate even in tamil nadu many iyers and iyengars dont eat onion garlic....but they are the old mamas and mamis.....younger generation eat almost everything even non-veg......

That is true - Also I know of some jain friends from TN (tamil speaking ones who have their temples around Villupuram district) who does not eat onions or food which grows under the soil.

Why not??? LOL I thought west germany was more successful than east? :lol: LOL

As it happens, I am a left-winger, a liberal, and I support partition to the fullest. I agree that it was a much needed detox, and I am glad we got rid of the toxic elements.

Other than sentimental Punjabis, nobody, absolutely nobody wants a reversal of partition.

I'm on the right wing in relation to national security, liberal on Social issues & dead centre in my political inclinations. Deeply, deeply thankful for partition even if completely opposed to the basis of the 2NT. Jinnah is on my heroes of India list. Without him (also thankful to Nehru & Patel), we would never have had our country. 1.2+ billion is plenty enough.

Hardcore indian hindu nationalists firmly believe in the concept of "akhand bharat", they want to annex Pakistan but before they do that they will kick out all of the Muslims or enslave them.

Every country has its unstable element, its lunatic fringe. Pakistan has them for sure; the Ghazwa-e-Hind types, the bravos practicing outside Muridke to get shot in six months, the whole alphabet soup of sick jokes wearing dynamite corsets, the lot.

Our Akhand Bharat types have some peculiar views, and are known to be peculiar.

I wont doubt your degrees , since you said you are right winger and supporter of the partition then your and my conversation ends here. I am interested in debating people who have those crazy ideas of unification.

Why didn't you say so in the first place?

I'm a Hindu nationalist..And I say "unification with pakistan" over my dead body. Happy ?

God. is this what they teach you in Pakistan ? That Hindus want a Akhand Bharat..!

No sane thinking Indian wants even to come near Pakistan...Look I may be exaggerating...but if we had the power, we would relocate our country somewhere 3000 miles away from pakistan.

This is the best notion I've read in the last month. While I like and admire a certain class of Pakistani, that class is buried within a glacier-like ice sheet of the virulent fanatic, not fit for company.

i read somewhere in this meandering thread that should not it be "dear india: we are not east germany" since it was ultimately the east which joined the west and not the vice versa......?

The Hindu ultranationalists believe the whole South Asia belongs to them, even Tibet belongs to them.

What else doesn't belong to them?

Rubbish. Nothing north of the Himalayas. Where did you get this gem?

i read somewhere in this meandering thread that should not it be "dear india: we are not east germany" since it was ultimately the east which joined the west and not the vice versa......?

West Germany was more prosperous than the East and after the unification official name, system, Parliament and flag of the west was applied on the East.

West Germany was more prosperous than the East and after the unification official name, system, Parliament and flag of the west was applied on the East.

thats what....so shouldnt it be...dear india...we are not east germany ?

Every sane person in his right mind & full working brain capacity will know how likely that is. Besides Hinduism itself is a dying religion , more and more people are leaving it or are just simply non practicing Hindus. Far right Hinduism will evaporate with time , no matter how radical they are - they won't try their crazy Akhand Bharat ideas.

Permit me to inform you that you have some pretty muddled ideas.

The Akhand Bharat slogan belongs to the RSS and its political arm, the BJP, and is also upheld by other front organisations of the RSS. In other words, by a set of religious bigots within Hinduism, and a set of political fascists by ideology within the political parties. Hinduism is alive and well, but it is to be hoped that the extremists will die out or be suppressed over time.

In either case, we are doing a better job of coping with our extremists than others in the neighbourhood.

They even believe that whole of Middle East, including Saudi Arabia and the two holy cities of Mecca and Madina also belong to them since there were Polytheists there before the advent of Islam.

What of it?

There are eccentrics who admire Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom