What's new

Controversial anti-Islam adverts to run on New York buses

What is your claim? The media is powerful, yes,, but it is up to each and all sides to use that power as best as they can. Nothing is stopping the proponents of your views to take out adverts too.
And it is up to the authority to not make a "tamasha" out of it!

There is no brainwashing here, only adverts taken out by one group. Every other group has the same rights to express their own views.
media war eh? :pop:

And it is up to the authority to not make a "tamasha" out of it!

media war eh? :pop:

The authorities have to be fair in upholding the same laws for everybody. That is exactly what they are doing here. Let groups that do not like these adverts step up and start their own campaign according to a fair application of the same rules.

The authorities have to be fair in upholding the same laws for everybody. That is exactly what they are doing here. Let groups that do not like these adverts step up and start their own campaign according to a fair application of the same rules.
And then USA says they dont incite wars...media war is also a war...

no but the govt should to a certain extent put some form of rules and regulations .....

Yes, there are rules. That is exactly why some of the adverts were not allowed. These ones meet the rules. It is important to note that the same rules apply to all groups, so if anybody wants to counter these adverts because they do not agree with them, or because they want to project their own views, of course they can.

But try putting any anti israel ads and see what will happen. They don't call it jew york for nothing.

NYC ads call to end US military aid to Israel

image.jpg

Same can be said about religion as well, kids being hammered about how his/her religion is better than others.
It doesnt appear on your local bus....nor flashed on your face everytime you step out ...

Hammering is only done in some small number as compared to that being done on public buses....

The title of the thread is wrong, likely intentionally.

The adverts are anti-ISIL, and are not anti-Islam. Please do not confuse the two, which are very different from each other.

We're talking about Pam Geller here, she is doing the confusing. She's a nutjob, surely your familiar with Robert Spencer and his dog Pam Geller?

We're talking about Pam Geller here, she is doing the confusing. She's a nutjob, surely your familiar with Robert Spencer and his dog Pam Geller?

A nutjob she may be, but she is clearly entitled to her opinion and can express her views just like anybody else, whether we agree with them or not.

It doesnt appear on your local bus....nor flashed on your face everytime you step out ...
Hammering is only done in some small number as compared to that being done on public buses....
Such things are not done in the Sub continent because we all take religion far too seriously, we need to realize God is above ridicule, mocking and provocation. The more one wince about these things the more people would do it.

Such things are not done in the Sub continent because we all take religion far too seriously, we need to realize God is above ridicule, mocking and provocation. The more one wince about these things the more people would do it.
Just coz people are doing is it right? Just coz a few laws allow it...my question is not about allowing it or not....If you want to allow murder who am I to speak about it...It is about good and bad about something wrong being overlooked over every god damn reason from freedom of speech and taking religion seriously...

Why should 1 be allowed to ridicule in the 1st place? Where are the soo called manners and atticates that I recall an Indian was telling me about regarding thy neighbour coz some politicians went and met some Kashimiri on their trip to India...

Freedom of everything is fine...but if it is bringing evil why allow it? People have stopped thinking about that coz of their childish stubbornness of wanting a free pass for everything!

Just coz people are doing is it right? Just coz a few laws allow it...my question is not about allowing it or not....If you want to allow murder who am I to speak about it...It is about good and bad about something wrong being overlooked over every god damn reason from freedom of speech and taking religion seriously...

Why should 1 be allowed to ridicule in the 1st place? Where are the soo called manners and atticates that I recall an Indian was telling me about regarding thy neighbour coz some politicians went and met some Kashimiri on their trip to India...

Freedom of everything is fine...but if it is bringing evil why allow it? People have stopped thinking about that coz of their childish stubbornness of wanting a free pass for everything!

Good and bad is subjective and depends on countries' culture and rules. For example in Christianity it says One can go to heaven through Jesus only and everyone else would go to hell. This is brazenly offending to people who are not Christians but still no one stops them from saying that.

Don't get overly defensive on drop of a hat. Or even some genuine concerns would be called as "Crying Wolf"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom