What's new

Confirmed: Iran and Russia to Co-Produce Su-30 Fighter Jet

We stopped our indigenous fighter program years ago and concentrated on more effective weapons. Our Air-force is the strongest in the region.

The Su-30 is an excellent weapons platform : speed, performance, payload. A deadly package. It's also highly upgradable, I think Iran could in future consider upgrading them to a standard like the Super-Sukhoi that India is planning on. Such an upgrade can incorporate newer, advanced engines, powerful AESA radars and further enhance the wide array of weapons available.

Iran can also use the Su-30 as their go-to weapons platform for their indigenous weapons. Goodbye F-14!

I think they can train alongside with Indian AF much like how Malaysia & Vietnam trained with us to get familiar with the Su-30 platform.

Only problem appears to be...the name! Su-30MKI is already taken for the Indian variant. :-) Maybe MKP? P for Persia.

Much will depend on what Russians call Iran..."I" in MKI stands for Indisky and MKK is Kitayski (that's what Russians call Chinese I think).

The Su-30 is an excellent weapons platform : speed, performance, payload. A deadly package. It's also highly upgradable, I think Iran could in future consider upgrading them to a standard like the Super-Sukhoi that India is planning on. Such an upgrade can incorporate newer, advanced engines, powerful AESA radars and further enhance the wide array of weapons available.

Iran can also use the Su-30 as their go-to weapons platform for their indigenous weapons. Goodbye F-14!

I think they can train alongside with Indian AF much like how Malaysia & Vietnam trained with us to get familiar with the Su-30 platform.

Only problem appears to be...the name! Su-30MKI is already taken for the Indian variant. :-) Maybe MKP? P for Persia.

Much will depend on what Russians call Iran..."I" in MKI stands for Indisky and MKK is Kitayski (that's what Russians call Chinese I think).

You will never see Su-30 in IRIAF ... that's all

reddit.---/r/autotldr/comments/3qj9yo/500_billion_dollars_stolen_under_maliki_rule_in/

The Iraqi Commission of Integrity spokesman Adil Nouri has claimed that half of the government's oil income and funds for reconstruction were 'stolen' and 'vanished' from Iraq during the 8-year period of office of former President Nouri Maliki.

Speaking at the Iraqi Parliament, Nouri said that around 500 billion dollars from government coffers has "Disappeared" and is perhaps the greatest corruption in history.

Within the scope of corruption investigations carried out by the CoI, Nouri stated that former defense minister Hazm Shalan, former trade minister Abdul-Fatah Sudani and former electricity minister Aiham al-Sammarae were involved in graft during their tenures and charged of corruption.

Adding that some of the investigations have been concluded, Nouri said "600 officials including ministers, deputy ministers, advisors, general directors have been sued on grounds of corruption. There are even officials who have been sentenced to 130 years in jail."

"Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has also been sued for corruption but there is still no solid decision or development so, he is still out of jail," Nouri stated.

In September Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had removed 123 deputy ministers and director generals amid a reform drive aimed at curbing corruption and streamlining the government.

-----

Yesterday huge amounts of "very dangerous" radioactive material disappeared from a plant in Basra.
Everybody knows who controls Basra. International services claimed that it can be used for some "dirty bombs".

340 F-16, 84 F-15 E and pending delivery of 35 + F-35 II

Jf17 and J10 is almost same price, about 25 million dollars each??

J-10 is expensive... more like 40 million dollars.

Well , the problem is that Price of J10 is really high and Chinese are not better than Russians ... If I was an official in IRIAF , I would go for J17* Thunder ) and work with Pakistanis ....
Why we should fill dishonest Russians pockets !? This S-300 deal is become a national embarrassment for us ...

I would support both SU-30 and J10/Jf17 for Iran... just like we have F-16 as strike fighter while we use JFT for air defence.

Its been speculated that Iran would get the SM, the Russian version, but to be honest with the pisstaking happening right now by Russia with regard to S-300 I am in doubt whether the Su-30 purchase will happen.

reddit.---/r/autotldr/comments/3qj9yo/500_billion_dollars_stolen_under_maliki_rule_in/

The Iraqi Commission of Integrity spokesman Adil Nouri has claimed that half of the government's oil income and funds for reconstruction were 'stolen' and 'vanished' from Iraq during the 8-year period of office of former President Nouri Maliki.

Speaking at the Iraqi Parliament, Nouri said that around 500 billion dollars from government coffers has "Disappeared" and is perhaps the greatest corruption in history.

Within the scope of corruption investigations carried out by the CoI, Nouri stated that former defense minister Hazm Shalan, former trade minister Abdul-Fatah Sudani and former electricity minister Aiham al-Sammarae were involved in graft during their tenures and charged of corruption.

Adding that some of the investigations have been concluded, Nouri said "600 officials including ministers, deputy ministers, advisors, general directors have been sued on grounds of corruption. There are even officials who have been sentenced to 130 years in jail."

"Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has also been sued for corruption but there is still no solid decision or development so, he is still out of jail," Nouri stated.

In September Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had removed 123 deputy ministers and director generals amid a reform drive aimed at curbing corruption and streamlining the government.

-----

Yesterday huge amounts of "very dangerous" radioactive material disappeared from a plant in Basra.
Everybody knows who controls Basra. International services claimed that it can be used for some "dirty bombs".

340 F-16, 84 F-15 E and pending delivery of 35 + F-35 II
Every one in Iraq knows about corruption and who involved in it.

But where it says all those money sent to Iran? I can tell you where all those money are they are with no doubt fill the banks in Europe and may be in the US and I say may be because the US Banks are not save to the corrupted officials like the Europeans one and also they may fill the banks of Arab countries.

Honestly I'm not defending the Iranian but with no solid prove you can't blame on them as I don't blame the European states as they themselves don't know about all these money I have no doubt if the government of the west know it they will return them back to the Iraqis no reime would involve in money cleansing.

For radioactive yes that's a big concern no doubt but the news said it is only 10 grams I don't think you can build a dirty bomb with just 10 grams but still danger and the only one who will pay for it the poor Iraqis.

Just buy from USA and China and never ever go to buy anything from Russians .... this is my pure advise to you ...

Why mate, i think it depends what kind of equipment is purchased, if its a SU-35 then its much better than what the west or china are offering , however if its SAMs or any other stuff then your argument is valid plus chinese stuff comes with TOT. I believe Iran should partner with Pakistan/China in JF17 thunder project

Co-produce ? Assembly ? Who is Iran's enemy ? Seems that Israels heavy protest against lifting the embargo was realistic.

Co-produce ? Assembly ? Who is Iran's enemy ? Seems that Israels heavy protest against lifting the embargo was realistic.

Don't worry, Su-30s won't be bombing Dimona or Tel Aviv. That is why we have missiles and Hezbollah :azn: Su-30s are for defending Iranian airspace against the fat sheikhs in Saudi.

Its been speculated that Iran would get the SM, the Russian version, but to be honest with the pisstaking happening right now by Russia with regard to S-300 I am in doubt whether the Su-30 purchase will happen.

Well, you certainly have to rebuild your airforce for the times to come, and what options are available?

US - never.
Europe - never.

The remaining are Russia and China. Of the two, Russia offers more advanced fighters.

Well, you certainly have to rebuild your airforce for the times to come, and what options are available?

US - never.
Europe - never.

The remaining are Russia and China. Of the two, Russia offers more advanced fighters.

Of course Russia is the only real seller, but I'm afraid that they cannot be trusted to make everything go smoothly. First they will get pressured by the US and Israel not to sell. Then they will put the price up. Even if Iran does get them, Russis is notorious for offering poor after sales support.

Add the fact that the Russians are extremely touchy about transferring technology to even mame a screw, and you have probably the worst people ever to do business with.

Back
Top Bottom