What's new

China vs. USA

Gu Ailing has already explained.

1. The list of renunciation of nationality published by the US Internal Revenue Service only includes those whose assets exceed US $2 million. Most of Gu Ailing's assets are not in her personal name, and her personal assets are less than 2 million US dollars.

2. The "presidential scholar" is not only available to US citizens, but also to people with us green cards.

That irs thing is not the paperwork needed to renounce US citizenship.

It is explained here with DS-4079

As jhungary stated her name would appear on the Federal Register…that IRS thing is nothing other than a hint of that someone is likely on the register list.

Last edited:
Why does Chinese and Russian leaderships send their families to live in west, especially US of A, if western countries are so horrible and crumbling?

One reason is that you can't make video like that about China when you live there.

Chinese citizens born in the USA do have dual nationality before the age of 18, which is allowed by Chinese and American laws. The problem is that after the age of 18, she must make a choice. You can judge her choice by checking her travel documents.

We are now discussing Gu Ailing's nationality after the age of 18, not before the age of 18. I did not deny that she had American citizenship before she was 18.
Then how she travel and work in the US? How she get into Presidential Scholar Program? All those have-to-have US Citizenship or Legal Residence to be carry out.

As I said and provided 2 sources, SHE CANNOT GET EITHER if she had renounced her CITIZENSHIP whether or not she done it before 18..

And again, travelling with Passport is NOT A PROOF. As I said, I do not have Swedish Passport, but I do have Swedish Citizenship, in fact. Not all American have US Passport. Actually, accord to US Department of State, only roughly 145 million of Adult American US passport in circulation. Does that mean there are only 145 million US Citizens in the US? and not 330 million?

Even if Eileen Gu does not have a US Passport, that is NOT a valid Prove that she does not have US Citizenship.

ON the other hand, whether or not China allow Dual Citizenship before 18 have NOTHING TO DO with US Citizenship, she HAS US citizenship as per USCIS Chapter 3 article 314. That's US law by the way, it does not magically go away if China does not allow her US Citizenship when she turn 18, China cannot ask US to cancel her Citizenship when she turn 18 in order for her to retain her Chinese Citizenship, she have to do it willingly and have the record recorded under the quarterly publication. China can cancel her Chinese Citizenship but not her US Citizenship.

Last edited:
If you want to prove that Gu Ailing has U.S. citizenship, please go to find the evidence that she uses the U.S. passport. Only this evidence is conclusive.

Don't pester me!

That’s the stupidest explanation as to if a person is a US citizen or not

Last edited:
Then how she travel and work in the US? How she get into Presidential Scholar Program? All those have to have US Citizenship or Legal Residence to be carry out.

As I said and provided 2 sources, SHE CANNOT GET EITHER if she had renounced her CITIZENSHIP whether or not she done it before 18..

And again, travelling with Passport is NOT A PROOF. As I said, I do not have Swedish Passport, but I do have Swedish Citizenship, in fact. Not all American have US Passport. Actually, accord to US Department of State, only roughly 145 millions of Adult American have Applied for US passport in circulation. Does that mean there are only 145 millions US Citizens in the US? and not 330 millions?

Even if Eileen Gu does not have a US Passport, that is NOT a valid Prove that she does not have US Citizenship.

ON the other hand, whether or not China allow Dual Citizenship before 18 have NOTHING TO DO with US Citizenship, she HAS US citizenship as per USCIS Chapter 3 article 314. That's US law by the way, it does not magically go away if China does not allow her US Citizenship when she turn 18, China cannot ask US to cancel her Citizenship when she turn 18 in order for her to retain her Chinese Citizenship, she have to do it willingly and have the record recorded under the quarterly publication. China can cancel her Chinese Citizenship but not her US Citizenship.

you can find out the evidence of her using the US passport, even once. or evidence of her application for a US passport.

you can find out the evidence of her using the US passport, even once. or evidence of her application for a US passport.
What's that have to do with her being US Citizens?

She could never have applied for US Passport, that does not mean she does not have US Citizenship. You don't have your citizenship cancelled because you did not apply for a passport.

Dude, again, US State Dept only recorded 145 million US passport in circulation, does that mean the US have about 200 million illegal alien living in the US right now??

Geez, you keep saying something does not make it right, it just makes it look stupid.

What's that have to do with her being US Citizens?

She could never have applied for US Passport, that does not mean she does not have US Citizenship. You don't have your citizenship cancelled because you did not apply for a passport.

Dude, again, US State Dept only recorded 145 million US passport in circulation, does that mean the US have about 200 million illegal alien living in the US right now??

Geez, you keep saying something does not make it right, it just makes it look stupid.

Just make sure to respond to him in this thread a year from now when Eileen Gu is somehow still in the US “illegally” with no sign of moving to China.

Just make sure to respond to him in this thread a year from now when Eileen Gu is somehow still in the US with no sign of moving to China.
He would probably still going to say she don't have a passport (or had not used one) hence she is not a US Citizens....

By his standard, I am not a Swedish Citizen either, because I never even bother to apply for a Passport, which is his "Requirement" for Citizenship......

Last edited:
Gu Ailing has already explained.

1. The list of renunciation of nationality published by the US Internal Revenue Service only includes those whose assets exceed US $2 million. Most of Gu Ailing's assets are not in her personal name, and her personal assets are less than 2 million US dollars.

2. The "presidential scholar" is not only available to US citizens, but also to people with us green cards.

dude you cannot apply for a green card once you renounce your citizenship.

dude you cannot apply for a green card once you renounce your citizenship.

This is just Chinese desperation posting to rationalize an “out” excuse.

Next up will be she is just staying in the US illegally because it is “no big deal”.

Last edited:
This is just Chinese desperation posting to rationalize an “out” excuse.

Next up will be she is just staying in the US illegally because it is “no big deal”.
he's contorting himself in knots to desperately prove Gu has given up her citizenship.
I bet there are thousands of Chinese people in China that have both a US and Chinese passport. Most are probably princelings, offsprings of influential CPC members.

Gu won 3 medals in the olympics for China, this is all that matters.

she pays taxes in the US on the 42 m$ she earned from China. That's all that matters to us :lol:
She probably got her Chinese sponsors to pay her in the US. Particularly after some very high profile Chinese billionaires suddenly had their billions taken by the state.

Smart girl, true to the American entrepreneur spirit.

she pays taxes in the US on the 42 m$ she earned from China. That's all that matters to us :lol:
Sure, so we are both happy, we should encourge more of these win win cases.

b2803dbcc0ae426aa6066838f8d20394.jpeg

Not only, all the expertise, infrastructure and support that led to her gaining expertise in winning medals remains in USA. :D

Back
Top Bottom