What's new

China vs. USA

how do we know that she has actually ever acquired US citizenship? Someone born to Chinese citizen overseas can still get Chinese citizenship. She'd then be able to acquire US PR via parental sponsorship. You used her application to the presidential scholarship as evidence of her citizenship. It isn't evidence though because she could've been a PR essentially her whole life.

Basically, the facts are this:

1. She has a Chinese passport photographed as hers.

2. She has never been observed to conduct actions such as vote, serve on a jury, run for office or join the military as an officer that strictly require a US citizenship and exclude PRs.

Dude, people born in the US are US citizens by default there is nothing to acquire.
The US doesn't care if said person has a passport for a hundred other countries, and has never applied for a US passport legally they are a US citizen. I have three passports US, UK and French, my mom is American with a British passport and my father is French. I didn't even have a US passport until my early teens, my parents presented my birth certificate to US immigration upon arrival.

Unless they formally relinquish their citizenship at the age of 18. Minors are interviewed by a consular to verify the minor is acting voluntarily and not being coerced.

Someone said she's never been photographed brandishing a US passport at immigration. Now you want photographic evidence of her voting or serving as a juror.
I voted a few times but I've never seen a paparazzi in the polling station, probably because I'm a nobody but I'm pretty sure the press aren't permitted inside the polling station or behind the immigration desk. And an 18 year old being summoned for jury duty is very rare. No defendant or prosecutor in their right mind will want a 18 year old juror. Plus let's be honest you have to pretty stupid to fail to be rejected as a juror and Ms. Gu doesn't strike me as someone stupid.

Dude, people born in the US are US citizens by default there is nothing to acquire.
The US doesn't care if said person has a passport for a hundred other countries, and has never applied for a US passport legally they are a US citizen. I have three passports US, UK and French, my mom is American with a British passport and my father is French. I didn't even have a US passport until my early teens, my parents presented my birth certificate to US immigration upon arrival.

Unless they formally relinquish their citizenship at the age of 18. Minors are interviewed by a consular to verify the minor is acting voluntarily and not being coerced.

Someone said she's never been photographed brandishing a US passport at immigration. Now you want photographic evidence of her voting or serving as a juror.
I voted a few times but I've never seen a paparazzi in the polling station, probably because I'm a nobody but I'm pretty sure the press aren't permitted inside the polling station or behind the immigration desk. And an 18 year old being summoned for jury duty is very rare. No defendant or prosecutor in their right mind will want a 18 year old juror. Plus let's be honest you have to pretty stupid to fail to be rejected as a juror and Ms. Gu doesn't strike me as someone stupid.
basically all I'm saying is, there's 1. evidence she is a Chinese citizen and 2. no conclusive evidence that she is a US citizen. That's it. I noticed that your post does not dispute these facts. Instead you add possible scenarios to explain it. But those are just possibilities. I'm just going by what is 100% known as of right now. These facts may change, but until they do, this is what we know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom