What's new

‘China provokes us but we still don’t know how to fight it’

i agree. india cannot much china gun to gun. however, i think we are doing a fairly good job of keeping the qualitative edge, which can be seen in the sophistication of the weapon systems in the indian fighters and warships. Although this comes at a price, ie imported from other countries, i think we are benefitting from TOT which china lacks due to copyright infrigment issues.

About Global Fire power, what i meant to say was that, indian military was rather puny in 1962 so if Global Fire power did exist, it would have been ranked 14. Moreover i wouldnt underestimate us if i were you. we did after all fight the germans, italians and japanese across 4 continents in WW2

That great Indian Army (“British” being colloquial, not official) fought and defeated first-rate, first-world enemies: Germans in North Africa and Italy; the Imperial Japanese in southeast Asia. Stripped of Commonwealth camouflage, the Indian Army of 1945 was, in its own right, a veteran combat outfit with global experience.
Restitching the Subcontinent | The Weekly Standard

It's debatable if India has a qualitative edge against us with your indigenous weapons even with Western weapons. however Embargo's ended up strengthen us in making our own weapon right now our pace is good and by 2015-2020 we are planning to rely on our self.

the same can be said for our Military we have improved during that time while fighting the Japanese and their collaborators through a bloody war where they had an advantage. no one underestimated you in 1962 in fact we overestimated you 'China did not expect India to give up so easily in 1962' - Times Of India

indian inferiority complex is really quite extraordinary. heres another article by the indians,

Is India Preparing To Lose?

in that article they talk about themselves being docile and weak and unable to stand up to china. fighting a country with the kind of fragile and weak mentality like india would be like fighting a woman.

PRC Mainland got Humiliated by the Soviets never ever seen before. :lol:

Strength
Republic of China Army 300,000 Soviet Union 18,521
Casualties and losses
Republic of China Army
7 ships lost
2,000 killed
1,000 wounded
more than 8,550 prisoners

Soviet Union
281 killed
729 wounded

Sino

:rofl:

That's Republic of China (Taiwan). Check the date, 1929 lmao.

There is nothing India can do about China.

It's debatable if India has a qualitative edge against us with your indigenous weapons even with Western weapons. however Embargo's ended up strengthen us in making our own weapon right now our pace is good and by 2015-2020 we are planning to rely on our self.

the same can be said for our Military we have improved during that time while fighting the Japanese and their collaborators through a bloody war where they had an advantage. no one underestimated you in 1962 in fact we overestimated you 'China did not expect India to give up so easily in 1962' - Times Of India

the quality comes from the import of the sophisticated arms. an example is Phalcon AWACS which china was interested in but was denied access to. with the indigenous weapons it is very unlikely since china spends 10 times on military research.

about 1962, let me quote a pakistani expert

India under Nehru was a peaceful country but the Sino-Indian Conflict of 1962 transformed the whole scenario. Thus while Indian Army had by and large registered no major expansion since 1947 after 1962 the Indians embarked on a highly ambitious expansion programme.It was Pakistan’s good luck that in 1965 this process was at a very rudimentary stage, however by 1971 the whole strategic scenario had changed from 1965

The Western Theatre in 1971 — A Strategic and Operational

so basically we have china to thank for turning us from a peaceful country to a military powerhouse.

Hence, knowing the basics of warfare, i can assure u that china will not repeat the same stunt. because if they do so NOW, they will lose

the quality comes from the import of the sophisticated arms. an example is Phalcon AWACS which china was interested in but was denied access to. with the indigenous weapons it is very unlikely since china spends 10 times on military research.

so basically we have china to thank for turning us from a peaceful country to a military powerhouse.

Hence, knowing the basics of warfare, i can assure u that china will not repeat the same stunt. because if they do so NOW, they will lose

no we won't. we will impose involuntary 10% population reduction on India.

indian inferiority complex is really quite extraordinary. heres another article by the indians,

Is India Preparing To Lose?

in that article they talk about themselves being docile and weak and unable to stand up to china. fighting a country with the kind of fragile and weak mentality like india would be like fighting a woman.

according to below_freezing, we have superiority complex. according to you, its inferiority complex. decide which one and stick to it so its easier for me to prove you wrong

no we won't. we will impose involuntary 10% population reduction on India.

how will you do that? flood the indian market with cheap chinese condoms? wouldnt count on that. Cheap stuff work like crap.

Buddy, i suggest u stay out of the discussion since you know squat about warfare and stick to what you are good at, ie, trolling

how will you do that? flood the indian market with cheap chinese condoms? wouldnt count on that. Cheap stuff work like crap

a country as poor as africa deserves the highest quality products even if they can't afford it. you may not have enough for 3 meals a day but you deserve the best stuff.

But we are building our own and quality is improving for example ZDK-03 , actually that was based on your assumption, spending alot have given alot and improves the quality we will have by the 2015-2020 we will be on new heights, R&D spending is getting higher and better weapons are being produced.

Actually Nehru wasn't a that peaceful as they claim he himself came up Chini Hindi Bhai Bhai not us and then held separatists and tried to take aksai. India was not as peaceful as you claim, The stunt was pulled by India and Nehru he believed we would not respond but we did. lose thats on your assumption again you won't win.

:hitwall: you've already earned your 50 cents. now why dont u go back to your sweatshop?

speaking of 50 cents, that much in india can buy you lunch and dinner. you jelaous? how high will indians jump if i flip a quarter in the air?

Southern indians like Shinigami are definitely more reasonable sounding than the northern hindi speaking ones like Lambda. The former are not China's die hard enemies. But the latter are.

But we are building our own and quality is improving for example ZDK-03, spending alot have given alot and improves the quality we will have by the 2015-2020 we will be on new heights, R&D spending is getting higher and better weapons are being produced.

Same here... In fact we're doin' the same....

speaking of 50 cents, that much in india can buy you lunch and dinner.

Yeah U're right!, atleast I could buy a Masala noodles [will get Chopsticks to eat]... or a soup may be... :azn:

But we are building our own and quality is improving for example ZDK-03 , actually that was based on your assumption, spending alot have given alot and improves the quality we will have by the 2015-2020 we will be on new heights, R&D spending is getting higher and better weapons are being produced.

Actually Nehru wasn't a that peaceful as they claim he himself came up Chini Hindi Bhai Bhai not us and then held separatists and tried to take aksai. India was not as peaceful as you claim, The stunt was pulled by India and Nehru he believed we would not respond but we did. lose thats on your assumption again you won't win.

that is exactly what i meant. chinese military will gradually improve in quality due to massive military research funding. But it seems india will keep the lead due to its access to western markets.

About Nehru, chinese members here have a very wrong impression about him. Nehru did more for china than almost any westerner. He was the first world leader to recognise PRC, he also sent indian doctors to china during the japanese invasion. Nehru always felt that india and china can work together to do wonders. He thought that Mao would be 'grateful' for his contributions and assumed that he wouldnt attack despite the forward policy. But Mao did just that, which shook nehru and he indirectly started calling them backstabbers.

This guy explains it better
India and China - David M Malone at ANU, 20 April 2010 - YouTube

Regarding tibet, india and tibet have been like siblings in history as explained in the following video. there is no way we will turn away the tibetan refugees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbA2jC25B5I

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom