What's new

China interested in 12 billion projects in Pakist

VisionHawk

Reaction score
China interested in $12 billion projects in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, March 6 (APP): Pakistan and China have identified projects worth $12 billion, including Islamabad International Airport, oil refinery at Gwadar, Bunji Hydropower Project and Neelam-Jhelum Hydropower Project for Chinese investment.

In an interview, Minister of State for Investment, Umar Ahmad Ghumman, said that the leaders of both countries had discussed these projects costing $12 billion where China would like to invest in these projects, private TV channel (Aaj) reported.

Ghuman said that Chinese investors were very keen to invest in infrastructure projects and the government would provide them every facility in this regard.

He said that Pakistan's biggest refinery, which would be established in Gwadar, would refine 60,000 barrels of oil per day.

He said that all infrastructure projects in the country would be processed through the Board of Investment (BoI).

The minister said that the country had attracted foreign direct investment (FDI) worth $1.6 billion during seven months of the current fiscal year, and expressed hope that it would reach $3 billion by the end of the year.

He said Sialkot international airport was likely to be inaugurated in July. The airport is being constructed by private sector.
:yahoo:

Thank you China.

China is definately Pakistan's best friend.

God Bless China. :china:

Looks like the Chinese own pretty much every industry in Pakistan

Good for China and Chinese industry :tup:

Wat a stupid comment to say ! Chinesse are our friends and they dont own almost eveything in Pakistan for your info do some research before opening your mouth :blah: yes good for China and Pakistan forsure :pakistan: :china:

Looks like the Chinese own pretty much every industry in Pakistan

Good for China and Chinese industry :tup:

What about the Americans owning a large part of India's industry especially when it comes to callcentres lol?
Please refrain from trolling, why can't you wish Pakistan good luck or the best? China's investments in Pakistan only mean good for both nations, unless ofcourse, you don't want to see Pakistan develop and invest either, and I can understand that, an economical weak and unstable Pakistan is ofcourse easy for India to attack or maintain, but guess what, not in a million years. :)

Wat a stupid comment to say ! Chinesse are our friends and they dont own almost eveything in Pakistan for your info do some research before opening your mouth :blah: yes good for China and Pakistan forsure :pakistan: :china:

do a little Google search and find ouot for yourslef the Nationality of all the top eaning companies in your country

Great going China. Your path to industrial colonisation started with Pakistan :tup:

do a little Google search and find ouot for yourslef the Nationality of all the top eaning companies in your country

Great going China. Your path to industrial colonisation started with Pakistan :tup:

Boo-Hoo.:cry:
Don't be afraid, Pakistan is industrializing at a fast pace, it doesn't mean anything bad for India, we can be good trading partners. :tup:

What about the Americans owning a large part of India's industry especially when it comes to callcentres lol?
Lol...the Back offices in India are owned by Indian entitites who recieve the contract from the American and European clients to perform certain operations and services for them

Please refrain from trolling, why can't you wish Pakistan good luck or the best? China's investments in Pakistan only mean good for both nations, unless ofcourse, you don't want to see Pakistan develop and invest either, and I can understand that, an economical weak and unstable Pakistan is ofcourse easy for India to attack or maintain, but guess what, not in a million years. :)

I am certainly not trolling - I am merely stating an observation

As for wishing good luck - I neither wished you any good or bad luck - I have reserved my opinion on that matter and you have nothing with you to judge my opinion

As for Chinese companies owning indiustries in Pakistan as opposed to investing in industries in Pakistan, let me just give you 1 example

Paktel - a company that exists only in Pakistan.

So it would be natural to assume that a Pakistani would have some percentage of ownership in that company or some stake in that company

Wrong Paktel is a 100% owned subsidiary of a Chinese Company, China Mobile[/b]. Let me just type it again 100% Chinese owned Pakistani company

So what does it mean - No profit earned by Paktel is shared with any entity in Pakistan

the only revenue that Pakistan recieves from Paktel is through the taxes Paktel has to pay to the Pakistani government

if this is not brilliant Chinese Industrial colonisation, then what is? and you still accuse me of trolling when I stated an observation based on a fact

Great move China :tup:

A foreign company operating in a foreign land and not sharing any of its profits with the land where he operates...lol!!!

Lol...the Back offices in India are owned by Indian entitites who recieve the contract from the American and European clients to perform certain operations and services for them

As for wishing good luck - I neither wished you any good or bad luck - I have reserved my opinion on that matter and you have nothing with you to judge my opinion

As for Chinese companies owning indiustries in Pakistan as opposed to investing in industries in Pakistan, let me just give you 1 example

So it would be natural to assume that a Pakistani would have some percentage of ownership in that company or some stake in that company

Wrong Paktel is a 100% owned subsidiary of a Chinese Company, China Mobile[/b]. Let me just type it again 100% Chinese owned Pakistani company

So what does it mean - No profit earned by Paktel is shared with any entity in Pakistan

the only revenue that Pakistan recieves from Paktel is through the taxes Paktel has to pay to the Pakistani government

if this is not brilliant Chinese Industrial colonisation, then what is? and you still accuse me of trolling when I stated an observation based on a fact

All you are boy is a hater i dont need to do my reseaerch as u can see i have been here lot longer then u so relax China has its big share in Pakistan so wat great but its doesn't own evey thing ! :tdown:

A foreign company operating in a foreign land and not sharing any of its profits with the land where he operates...lol!!!

Your statement of Pakistan being industrially conolised by China is typical Indian bullsh!t.
Spare me your hatred.
Heavy investments in India are done by the U.S., however, do you see me or any other Pakistani whining or saying how India is owned by the U.S. in one way or another?
I don't care if China owns a company or two in Pakistan, the fact is that Chinese investments are good for our economy, just as American investments in India were good for India's economy, period.
Your observation is also another one in the line of anti Pakistan-China relationships.

Heavy investments in India are done by the U.S., however, do you see me or any other Pakistani whining or saying how India is owned by the U.S. in one way or another?

You would come out sounding very ignorant if you say Indian company is wholly owned by foreign investors - no foreign company can operate in India without Indians having at least 48% stake in the company

And there is definitely no company in India that operates only in India and is owned 100% by a foreign company

Paktel was only one example - you live in Pakistan. I don't need to indicate to you the Chinese ownership of the other big compnaies in Pakistan - you know that better than I do

I don't care if China owns a company or two in Pakistan, the fact is that Chinese investments are good for our economy, just as American investments in India were good for India's economy, period.

Did I in my post ever say Pakistan should/would care if Chinese companies had 100% stake in Pakistani companies

My post was an outcome of my admiration for Chinese companies and their growth - the fact that Pakistan is involved is merely incidental

It should have been a Chinese who should have responded to my statement by posting something like

Chinese: Thanks, our companies are indeed doing well abroad.
or
Chinese: Our companies can expand and copete with the best the amercians and europeans have to offer.

yet somehow an Indian expressing admiration for Chinese is taken as an indication of belitteling Pakistan...how so?

Great going China :tup:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom