What's new

China: Al-Qaeda urges holy war to defend Muslims

People may think Al-Qaeda is stupid to say this, including my fellow Chinese, but I think they are not. Besides catching eyeballs, I suppose they intend to stir Xinjiang waters, to call (more) diehard Uyghur separatists to stand in line with them. Some already lodged at Guantanamo. To some extent we need take them seriously.

Some people talked about unfriendliness towards Muslims in China. I don't know on what basis this conclusion is drawn. I dont know if you'll get shocked to know that more than 20 millions Muslims live in China, spanning a score of ethnic groups and around whole Chinese territory. Among them Uyghur is not even the biggest Muslim community. In most big Chinese universities, canteens supply foods for Muslim students exclusively.

Across my life I have many classmates that I never realized they are not like me, for this I mean they are not Han people, until they told me they are Muslims. Since they dont live in centralized Muslim inhabitant areas, instead they scattered in many (possibly all of) cities, they dont abide by their religion and traditions too seriously. I trust if we count people like them in, the Muslim population in China could be much larger.

So saying China is not friendly to Muslim is, per se, clueless and meaningless, since more than 20 million Chinese are Muslims.

And people (obviously not my fellow Chinese people) like to pontificate that there is no religion freedom in China. Once again I have no idea on what basis this conclusion is drawn.

My mother believes in Buddhism, along with many of my village members, she goes on pilgrimage to one of the most famous buddhist temple frequently, and to other small temples occasionally.

To some extent, most Chinese believes in Buddhism since Buddhism is in fact ingrained in Chinese culture, more as a philosophy than a religion, along with Confucianism and Taoism. I myself like to read Buddhist books, Taoist books, and I read many books about Christianity and Islam.

One of my grandmother believes in Christianity, and one of my primary school teacher is local priest. Though not many, there are still many believing in Christianity even in small area around my home village.

I never see anyone has interest to intervene in their beliefs and actions.

Traditionally and currently China is not a religious country.China is always a mundane society and mundane culture. Spiritual life of Chinese is different from people from truly religious countries. That's it and that's all.

In fact in the history China had many religions like even Zoroastrianism and Judaism. Most of them faded away naturally owing to lack of believers not under duress.

To judge and blame other countries and other people is a job too easy. My opinion is before knowing enough, don't make judgement. That's easily too biased and nonobjective, if not very stupid.

You may get embarrassed through embarrassing others.

To chinese members,

I didn't mean that Chinese are hostile to muslims, infact no one really is hostile to muslims just for the sake of it. Unfortunately there are many misguided people who belive otherwise. And there are genuinely some who are bigoted and hate muslims just for their religion but these are in the minority.

I was replying to righteous_fire's comments that China is the only true friend of Pakistan and muslims as if Pakistan represents all muslims in the world. Now this is the Chinese govt. here which is just looking after its interests, nothing wrong with that.

The Chinese people themselves are very nice and friendly. Its the CPC that I don't agree with on some points. They have done a pretty good job in the economic development dept. no dubt. But they should also allow freedom of expression and religion. The CPC does not allow this and hence any person (including muslims) who want to practice their religion can't be comfortable with such a stance.

This doesn't mean AQ has the right to kill civilians, that is completely wrong. But on the other hand the CPC must realise that times have changed and its about time they give freedom to pratice and preach religion to all denominations.

This doesn't mean AQ has the right to kill civilians, that is completely wrong. But on the other hand the CPC must realise that times have changed and its about time they give freedom to pratice and preach religion to all denominations.

thats just the thing, in china one does have the freedom to practice their religion. one can declare their religion usually when they are 18, that doesnt mean u cant practice when u are under 18. religion is a choice to them, when u are old enough to decide then u can officially declare ur religion. but for those that grow up with religious parents, many a times they will follow their parents religion anyways.

after extremist muslims attacked china and if russia also, who in the world will tolerate their existence...so, they had better not to dig their own grave by making more obvious and visible enemies by threatening with terror attack, it will be wise for their survival

Everyone should strive to understand the broader historical context to any so-called "extremist" rhetoric. It does no one any good to over-react (better known as "无限上纲" and ”斗争扩大化").

Rivers of Chinese blood were shed in the above in the last century.

In fact, why did the North African wing of "Al-keeda" seem to be so "outspoken"?

Would it have something more to do with this brawl back in August in Algiers than with any fervour for Jihad?

"Chinese" are not always cuddly innocents in communitarian brawls - in China and elsewhere - this we know ... though we tend to sympathize with our "co-ethnics". But nothing should and could be white-washed in this shared earth village.

IMHO, the CCP has already escalated what were to a large extent economic/communitarian conflicts (in Xinjiang) to a "WOT" thingy with potential, long-term detriment to Uyghur-Han relations.

It may have belatedly come down this ladder and started to stress the conflict's "law & order" nature and solutions. For the time being, this is far more preferable to full, unhinged ethnic "Balkanization".

The day will come when the Yanks end their increasingly awkward "WOT" - with or without an announcement. They may or may not leave central Asia. Regardless, Hans and Uyghurs still have to live together in "East Turkistan" ...

Of all the "-isms" out there, "Communitarianism" can be even more destructive than "Communism". Some of the events in the 1990s in places far from China bore testimony.

It is good in some sense if Al-Qaeda do something bad to China because China will then have a very good reason to flex its military muscle abroad and expand its military and political influence there, just like what the american did. And in this case nobody will say anything about "China threat" since China just follows the footstep of the US.

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

china should march into Afhganistan if any incidence of terrorism happens in China. and throw out US along with all good bad , ugly taliban

:tdown::tdown::tdown:, although I am not in principle averse to the idea of some "fenqings" cruising around in pick-up trucks to "detonate" some IEDs ...

Beats them flooding sina.com with "extremist" comments ...

Just kidding - their parents still prefer them playing video games at home. :azn:

Then if needed ..March into tribal areas of Pakistan and do the combing operation with Pakistan help. Hope Pakistan people will not mind it. Best solution i see from Pakistanis perspective.

The above - is the voice of R.A.W. :hang2:

:tdown:

:smitten:

... Pray tell me why hasn't China, which buys billions of dollars in US treasury bills has come to Pakistan's aid now when it is in dire need to prop up its current account deficit. On the other hand its the US and IMF that are giving Pakistan's economy the crutch even though US is going through a recession while China has a 7% growth rate.

Some Saffron warriors seem to be keen on spreading the impression that Pakistan is somehow a "client" state of one entity's or another's.

Why?

What do you know about the machination behind the IMF loan and its recent increase? This is not to give an impression that a shudra like me is privy to anything. But is IMF all Uncle, all the time?

Uncle is as much a "donor" these days as is a printer.

But as the multi-polar world's leading "pole" (well into the forseeable future IMO), there is nothing wrong with the "pole" taking a leading role in economic dealings with a nation as important as Pakistan.

See, although Taliban was friend of Pakistan earlier now himself is enemy. Similar trend can be seen in AQ, LeT or LeJ. They are extremist and would always like attack whether it is home country or host. Better to kill them is the best option.

after extremist muslims attacked china and if russia also, who in the world will tolerate their existence...so, they had better not to dig their own grave by making more obvious and visible enemies by threatening with terror attack, it will be wise for their survival

I promise that China + Russia will wipe Al Qaeda and AQIM out of the World!

We China has 10,000,000 Army!

Uighurs revolted or rioters revolte?why did a 81 years old Uighur save 18 hans with his body?why did rioters have to force praying muslims joining their massacre with machete ?why did dozens of dead body find in the lanes only with neck cutting and head injuries?I guess you never heard these stories in western or india media. similar “revolt” happen everyday in india,what's their reason for killing.you should feel luck CPC or US congress are not funding them like india govt support tibet separatists, muslim can't be a member of CPC,neither can any other religion,that's how politicians treat every religions equally.chinese and pakistani know what both side did for each other over the last 60 years,so i would rather save my spit defending other parts of your crap

sorry aimarraul but how does it mean equally....??

it is racial purely.... when only han chinese are allowed to be a part of CPC... this is heemony of han chinese and slavery of any person who is not han chinese...

is the muslim not a chinese resident, is he not chinese..??

China has no problems with any Muslim country unlike U.S. Israel and your Bharat.

When did you ever hear of China's flag being burned in any Muslim nation. :no:

hi omar it is strange to think of ur way of thinking...

if your concern is muslims than let me tell you..

Indian Muslims have full right.. they rule the world here in India.. from Shah rukh khan to the gr8 Abdul Kalam... they have all the rights...

similarly in US all the muslim citizens have all the rights and are treated as equal citizens..

whereas in China muslims are treated as second class...they have no rights...

i am sorry to say if ur concern is only muslims u should be concerned about muslims poor rights in china...

Yup but Al queda is not good... it should be totally eliminated....to kill even a single human being on this earth and than say that Allah will shower blesses on him is foolish...
Allah the almighty, the God will treat such persons in hell.....

God doesnt forgive such people...and to kill innocent ppl and take shield of religion/God is the most perverted act in this world...

hi omar it is strange to think of ur way of thinking...

if your concern is muslims than let me tell you..

Indian Muslims have full right.. they rule the world here in India.. from Shah rukh khan to the gr8 Abdul Kalam... they have all the rights...

similarly in US all the muslim citizens have all the rights and are treated as equal citizens..

whereas in China muslims are treated as second class...they have no rights...

i am sorry to say if ur concern is only muslims u should be concerned about muslims poor rights in china...

Indian Muslims have all the rights...? Get the f*** out of here. You think this is your sh** loaded Rediff forum? And who told you Muslims in China are treated as the second class?

Most Chinese really can't tell the diff btw Han and Muslim, and don't care that much either. Muslim indeed, alongside with other minorities there, have more rights than Han on paper, guranteed by Chinese laws.

Oh, Mod, we got another currymunching troll here!

Uighurs revolted or rioters revolte?why did a 81 years old Uighur save 18 hans with his body?why did rioters have to force praying muslims joining their massacre with machete ?why did dozens of dead body find in the lanes only with neck cutting and head injuries?I guess you never heard these stories in western or india media. similar “revolt” happen everyday in india,what's their reason for killing.you should feel luck CPC or US congress are not funding them like india govt support tibet separatists, muslim can't be a member of CPC,neither can any other religion,that's how politicians treat every religions equally.chinese and pakistani know what both side did for each other over the last 60 years,so i would rather save my spit defending other parts of your crap

Indian Muslims have all the rights...? Get the f*** out of here. You think this is your sh** loaded Rediff forum? And who told you Muslims in China are treated as the second class?

Most Chinese really can't tell the diff btw Han and Muslim, and don't care that much either. Muslim indeed, alongside with other minorities there, have more rights than Han on paper, guranteed by Chinese laws.

Oh, Mod, we got another currymunching troll here!

see post no 24 and post no 28(i have put above by aimarraul)..

if all ppl are treated equally than why they dont have the right to be a part of CCP...??
secondly who is allowed to be a part of CCP... what is the criterion for it... can a muslim become part of CCP if he fulfills that criterio or he can never be a part just because of his or her religion....??
is a muslim or member of some other community not a chinese...??? dont u think this is racial in nature to allow only han chinese to hold all the office posts. Others can also do an equally good job in that posts.

(this is not meant to troll.... it is just a genuine concern shared by many in the world regarding freedom or religion in China and i hope that this changes and chinese govt can treat all people equally...)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom