What's new

Cat in distress

I think the second description fits, it is moving around like a 100 year old grandma i.e barely moving. Couldn't see the eyes, didn't notice the ears. It has a tail and legs, it is a bit bigger than the palm of my hand. My palm is about 3 inches length wise. So by this I would say it is 2-3 weeks.

But it has the distinctive features of being 3-4 weeks, but it is hardly moving and shivering. That might be due to weakness and lack of food?

I am not sure. I once came across 2 new-born twin kittens after their birth and the mother was no where in sight. It wasn't much cold but they were shivering and trying to cuddle for warmth. They were strong and in good health though. I hurriedly went to a nearby store and got them milk, which they accepted.

A few months ago a pigeon had an accident on the main road near my home when a car passed over one of it's wings and legs. It was bleeding and unable to move. I brought it home and gave it first aid by first stopping the bleeding and then bandaging him. I decided to keep him in shelter and care till it could fly again. However, it became sick and wouldn't accept anything but water. I feed pigeons on my window with bajra and this sick bird didn't accept it. I decided that it needed energy and wouldn't accept any food, so I have him a very dilute glucose water. After four days of surviving on glucose water it died to health.

Later talking to a doctor I learned that animals who are sick would refuse to eat. I think driving to other corner of city to find a vet would be a lot better than the grief you get if the kitten fails to survive.

Plus:

It will need warmth. Try to avoid putting in direct heat of the desert by putting it on your balcony, but keep it wrapped.

Later talking to a doctor I learned that animals who are sick would refuse to eat. I think driving to other corner of city to find a vet would be a lot better than the grief you get if the kitten fails to survive.

Yeah I am thinking about that as well. Somebody told me there is a vet centre in Sharjah, trying to find it's location.

My cousin had a small bird once, when the bird died, I was in shock for the whole week!

BTW folks, I think I should place some old shirt or something to give it a soft resting place, what do you think?

I'll be going to check again on it after about half an hour.

I think the second description fits, it is moving around like a 100 year old grandma i.e barely moving. Couldn't see the eyes, didn't notice the ears. It has a tail and legs, it is a bit bigger than the palm of my hand. My palm is about 3 inches length wise. So by this I would say it is 2-3 weeks.

But it has the distinctive features of being 3-4 weeks, but it is hardly moving and shivering. That might be due to weakness and lack of food?

Yes it may be sick and weak and hence the confusion of age...Keep it warm and try glucose water, every animal can have glucose water as it is basic energy....bt make sure it is warm-ish

Yeah I am thinking about that as well. Somebody told me there is a vet centre in Sharjah, trying to find it's location.

My cousin had a small bird once, when the bird died, I was in shock for the whole week!

BTW folks, I think I should place some old shirt or something to give it a soft resting place, what do you think?

thats good idea

an old towel or some rags or a shirt you dont want, coz kittens can get diarrhea easily and poop smells bad!!

My bird was very weak and hardly moving just like your case. I noticed that it used to cough vomit too. I tried to help it but couldn't come up with any solution. Giving a soft and warm place should help. If you are giving it milk, ensure that it is slightly warm. NOT cold or too warm.

or you can try this:

Emergency milk replacement:
If you don't have any milk on hand, you will need to make up some emergency milk. Below is one such recipe kindly supplied by a breeder:

1 can condensed milk
2 cans water
1 small container cream
3 egg yolks
2 tbl spoons honey

After feeding your kitten formula you may need to burp it. To do this, hold the kitten upright against your shoulder and gently pat it on the back.

Raising Orphaned Kittens - Care, Feeding, Toileting & More Tips! | Cat Care Articles

My bird was very weak and hardly moving just like your case. I noticed that it used to cough vomit too. I tried to help it but couldn't come up with any solution. Giving a soft and warm place should help. If you are giving it milk, ensure that it is slightly warm. NOT cold or too warm.

yes that is most important thing

I don't know how to look after kittens but I pray to Allah Aza'Wa-Jall that you find a way to save his/her life. Ameen.

Have you tried asking people in your neighbourhood?

BTW, if I keep the water in front of the pigeon, it refused to drink. When I held it in my hand and bring it near its peak, it would gulp for more. I suggest you to try feeding the cat yourself.

Well, kittens are very reliant on their mummies....I used to dip some cotton swabs and rub the milk on their lips and they would lick it...well that is if you do not have a syringe or something...

I remember once as a kid we found some kitten and I had this doll bottle and used to feed the kitten with it :ashamed:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom