What's new

Approaching China’s Yulin dog meat festival

Well I believe nobody has a right to tell a group of people what is right and wrong and what to eat and not to eat.

A person should respect cultures no matter how strange they seem to you.

We Pakistanis can tell Chinese about Muslim dietary laws, so when they prepare food for Pakistanis, they can prepare food what is acceptable and of course Chinese can tell us about their dietary laws, so we can prepare foods what is acceptable for them.

There is no nature mofo, they eat what is in front of them and what is easiest to get and whatever taste best if they do have a preference.

Then they'd graze the entire vegetation and grassland around them, leaving nothing but barren land.

How is eating a dog any different than a cow, chicken or pig?

Then they'd graze the entire vegetation and grassland around them, leaving nothing but barren land.

They eat whatever meat 🤡, whatever their body can process, they eat, where did I say anything about lions and vegetation. The king of the Jungle isn't Brahmin, he can eat better than grass. lol

They eat whatever meat 🤡, whatever their body can process, they eat, where did I say anything about lions and vegetation. The king of the Jungle isn't Brahmin, he can eat better than grass. lol

You wrote they'll eat anything that they can get their paws & claws on. I simply corrected that. They eat herbivores.

They don't eat carnivores naturally. Neither do humans. All our cultures eat herbivores. Anyone that does is unnatural.

Unfortunately, that does happen naturally and in poorly managed pastureland. Overgrazing is an important factor in desertification. Generally, grazing animals have predators in a good ecosystem to balance out the impact and keep an equilibrium.

You wrote they'll eat anything that they can get their paws & claws on. I simply corrected that. They eat herbivores.

Its clear from my context where i mentioned them eating hyenas I meant anything they can get their hands as in any animal/meat they could get their hands on.. may bad I should have accounted for you acting like a pedantic prick and explicitly mentioned that it excludes grass. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Even if some Chinese people eat dogs? Who are we to judge?

Chinese people have different beliefs. They are Buddhists, Taoists, or Confucians, you morons.

They don't eat carnivores naturally. Neither do humans. All our cultures eat herbivores. Anyone that does is unnatural.

what? again with the bizarro naturalism, they don't have "culture", they are animals, they have predatory instincts and a survival drive. And you aren't a zoologist so stop with the nonsense about "natural" and "unnatural". lol

what? again with the bizarro naturalism, they don't have "culture", they are animals, they have predatory instincts and a survival drive. And you aren't a zoologist so stop with the nonsense about "natural" and "unnatural". lol

lol I don't have to be a zoologist to know that there are things lions eat and what they don't eat.

LMAO next thing you'll be claiming they mate with other cat species. They don't eat carnivores.

Unfortunately, that does happen naturally and in poorly managed pastureland. Overgrazing is an important factor in desertification. Generally, grazing animals have predators in a good ecosystem to balance out the impact and keep an equilibrium.

I....know....that....but lions are not those type of animals. They don't graze, they are preditors.

Beijing has 250,000 stray dogs,Somebody please eat them.

China has 40 million stray dogs – 20% of the global total – according to data from the World Health

The shit news of the media.
In fact, the source of modern dog meat is large-scale farms, just like beef and pork farms. People have even bred breeds of dogs specifically for food.
It is impossible for pet dogs to eat, because pet dogs are small, grow slowly, produce little meat, have poor taste, and the cost of catching pet dogs is high.
Some people like to eat dog meat because it tastes much better than pork, and the tradition of eating dog meat has a history of thousands of years. But I have never heard of people who like to eat cat meat, because cat meat tastes bad.

I always thought the Chinese started eating dogs after Mao - with his little Red Book - launched the ‘Great Leap Backward’ which resulted in a great famine.

Now that the Chinese have enough money, why not stop this practice?

South Koren, vitnames, Japness, philpino also eat dog n cat meat. They eat everything from insect to all animal. Allhomdillah thank to be I m muslim n belong indus vally civilization.

Seals are carnivores and Inuits eat them. You can’t stop minorities from practicing their culture, that’s cultural genocide.

Because of circumstances. I've seen videos of humans eating grass and some might even eat flowers. So what?

Does that make it biologically acceptable? No.

In Syria during the civil war, some people were eating cats.

No human culture in normal circumstances eat carnivorous animals. It's not in our biology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom