What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

watch a documentary on Falklands War, u will understand that though Great has been long removed from Britain but it still is a Major power, many times more powerful than Argentina.

+ They have the US on there side.
You are confused, as are manuy
mate first of all i don't think you are an englishman(coz of your peculiar english writing) which clearly proves that you are not by any chance an English gentleman,rather you are probably one of the millions of immigrants!and secondly we don't give a hoot to what a tiny country like britain thinks about us and please understand that this time you won't be able to stop France from selling their weapons to Argentina like the way your ex-P.M. Mrs.Margaret Thatcher did in 1982!so it will be a fair game this time and personally i think the Argentines will probably be successful this time as you don't have the capacity to wage a war 12k kms away from britain!:coffee:
Erm, we already did that and how did that end?

Gone are the days when Britain was a world power..Its a small island with trillions of debts and an economy on the verge of collapse..
David camerron talks from his rear end,and this one is another brainfart from him..
British soldiers are rented out to USA to fight their war,and fighting on Amrica's behalf using their gear...
Which long range Bomber Britain has now to Bomb Argentina? None...Vulcans have been retired long ago...The only way for Britain to attack Argentina is by sea,and that is very risky as Argentinians have enough Anti ship Missiles...Britain might send her Submarines with Cruise missiles in the first wave of the attack to destroy Argentina's defenses but i am not sure how the are going to gain control of the island after that.
Even if the Argentinian defenses are destroyed,they will have enough foot soldiers available to swamp the island and not let any British Soldiers come inland...
Eventually within a week the war will be so expensive that either Britain will go Bankrupt or will have to surrender...

An Argentine friend visted my country 2 weeks ago and over dinner she said 'Recession, what recession? as we looked out at the big cars , well dressed people in the streets. You see much as you may hope we are far better off than many countries. The Argentinian had been told the same stuff that you have just come out with . Now this lady is a supporter of Argentine sovereignity and we totally disagree on the islands but remain good friends..

'Gone are the days when Britain was a world power..Its a small island with trillions of debts and an economy on the verge of collapse..
David camerron talks from his rear end,and this one is another brainfart from him.. '

So as I sit in my nice heated house, with the clean streets around me and everyone going about their business, I am trying to discover where this economic collapse is gonna start.. so my friend instead indulging in wishful thinking about our imminent demise why do you not google our economy> sorry to dissappoint you.

'The only way for Britain to attack Argentina is by sea,and that is very risky as Argentinians have enough Anti ship Missiles...Britain might send her Submarines with Cruise missiles in the first wave of the attack to destroy Argentina's defenses but i am not sure how the are going to gain control of the island after that.'

How did we gain control of the islands in 1982? How many of a garrison did we have? we had 68 Royal Marines who held off over 2000 Argentine Invaders for 6 hours, during that time we killed 3 of them for none on our side.. You see we have something the Argentines do not have. Decades of combat experience and more importantly a working Navy Army and Airforce. You seem keen to write us off.. don't make the same mistake the Junta did over 30 years ago. The Argentines will NEVER steal our Islands again.

I hope one day some foreign power will invade Britain so these British can get a taste of their own medicine.

I hope one day some foreign power will invade Britain so these British can get a taste of their own medicine.

They already got invaded in first and tenth century, by Romans and french.

Roman Britain was a fraction of the island of Great Britain that was controlled by the Roman Empire from 43 to about 410 AD. The Romans referred to it as Britannia, and it ultimately consisted of the entire island south of the irregular boundary of Caledonia.

I.e Romans ruled Britain for 367 years.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_conquest_of_Britain&ei=5_2hUvaELcjArAevpIHYAw&usg=AFQjCNFCR0_7DfwnRLNsmAkIh3vQUVNqlA&bvm=bv.57752919,d.bmk

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAB&url=http://www.ask.com/question/how-long-did-the-roman-rule-of-britain-last&ei=SP6hUu-XDMKPrQfCzYDoDw&usg=AFQjCNGRuOR7CDcWTGjHfraPV4eP04Kysg

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...xoGAAg&usg=AFQjCNE4fVEEGtSxXDvhrewkFYZEqkz6OA

On Topic> Britain will not leave these islands easily.

Last edited:
They already got invaded in third and tenth century, by Romans and french.

Roman Britain was a fraction of the island of Great Britain that was controlled by the Roman Empire from 43 to about 410 AD. The Romans referred to it as Britannia, and it ultimately consisted of the entire island south of the irregular boundary of Caledonia.

I.e Romans ruled Britain for 367 years.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_conquest_of_Britain&ei=5_2hUvaELcjArAevpIHYAw&usg=AFQjCNFCR0_7DfwnRLNsmAkIh3vQUVNqlA&bvm=bv.57752919,d.bmk

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAB&url=http://www.ask.com/question/how-long-did-the-roman-rule-of-britain-last&ei=SP6hUu-XDMKPrQfCzYDoDw&usg=AFQjCNGRuOR7CDcWTGjHfraPV4eP04Kysg
They were not French, but 'Normans' or 'Northmen' who occupied parts of what is now Northern France. And we are proud of our Roman and Norman Heritage, which helped us to become the greatest Empire ever.. Look at our many French and Latin words.. And don't forget the Danes who occupied much of Britain at one time..

And this has to do with what?

It has to do with Brits meddling with other peoples lands and lives. How does the Falkland Islands have anything to do with the British?? Are they close to each other Geograpically or culturally?? Britain is on one side of the world while the Falkland Islands is on the other.

No offence to anyone, but Britain can't fight any future wars.

1). Money to fund it?
BudgetGovernmentFinal2.png

2). Soldiers to fight it?

_61372435_army_cuts_464gr.gif

It has to do with Brits meddling with other peoples lands and lives. How does the Falkland Islands have anything to do with the British?? Are they close to each other Geograpically or culturally?? Britain is on one side of the world while the Falkland Islands is on the other.
Proximity has no relevance for sovereignity in international Law. So how are we meddling in the Falklands? You really do not have a clue do you, just venting your anti British Spleen and nothing more. So tell me what the Islanders are culturally? They are English Welsh Scots Irish mainly with a smattering of South American including Argentina. They are as culturally close to Argentina as the Man in the Moon. An English man landed there in 1590. No body lived there. Again in 1760 Argentina did not exist, and when the Argentines tried to illegally take them in 1832 we threw THE GARRISON out. As the British Officer in charge asked the remaining Civilians if they would stay on the Islands- the majority did so. They included proto argentines . And then what is now Argentina was the United Provinces -1500 miles from the Islands.. so how is that Proximity.. I suggest rather than let your Anglophobic prejudice get in the way you read history.

No offence to anyone, but Britain can't fight any future wars.

1). Money to fund it?
BudgetGovernmentFinal2.png

2). Soldiers to fight it?

_61372435_army_cuts_464gr.gif
You said that in 1982. And we are still fighting a war

You are all so keen to write us off.

Proximity has no relevance for sovereignity in international Law. So how are we meddling in the Falklands? You really do not have a clue do you, just venting your anti British Spleen and nothing more. So tell me what the Islanders are culturally? They are English Welsh Scots Irish mainly with a smattering of South American including Argentina. They are as culturally close to Argentina as the Man in the Moon. An English man landed there in 1590. No body lived there. Again in 1760 Argentina did not exist, and when the Argentines tried to illegally take them in 1832 we threw THE GARRISON out. As the British Officer in charge asked the remaining Civilians if they would stay on the Islands- the majority did so. They included proto argentines . And then what is now Argentina was the United Provinces -1500 miles from the Islands.. so how is that Proximity.. I suggest rather than let your Anglophobic prejudice get in the way you read history.

You said that in 1982. And we are still fighting a war

UK 'can't win' future Falklands conflict | British Forces News
Britain tells US 'we cannot fight another Afghanistan' - Telegraph

Then explain Brits invading India, Africa, Americas, parts of the Middle East, and Istanbul during the end of Ottomans?

And this has to do with the Falklands because... ?

This has to do with your foreign policy and British imperialism. It's interesting how you keep trying to avoid this. Perhaps even you know how wrong your foreign policy is.

Rome ruled "Britain"....but never the English. The Anglo Saxons came after them. And were related to the Danes and Normans....family squabble really.

Despite the fact that the British Empire no longer exists , Britain retained naval bases in the most strategically important regions of the world . Gibraltar, Cyprus , Brunei, Falklands and so on.
Besides , Britain oversees global financial flows through offshore , free economic zones and cities-states - Qatar, Hong Kong , Cyprus , the Virgin Islands , Singapore and so on.
They never will give Falklands peacefully .
You'll see, soon Britain will start the colonial wars in Africa , as already doing France .
U.S. weaken and old European jackals will not relinquish its share of the corpse of a superpower.

Back
Top Bottom