What's new

Aselpod on Jf17 spotted

IMG_0117.JPG

A bit chunky compared to 12 inch dia of sniper with 200kg weight and 16 inch dia of lightening pod with 230 kg

Aselpod is 16.8 inch in dia and 230-240kg still far less than 280 kg Chinese pod

Chinese newer pod also weight reduced to ~240 kg

Paf wanted French pod but based on price and performance went with aselpod

Let’s see block 3 with new stations which will eventually show up on older blocks 1 and 2

Most probably under intake Stations like j-10 for ew and targeting pods

Last edited:
This technolgy puts us in the same ball park as the Super Hornets F18
150 JF17 Block 2 , are now officially

"150 Super JF17 Block II"

The visual Tech on the bird is beyond what we have in other platforms in PAF massive boost
Nice plug and play aspect while we may lose 1 hard point on Jet but it sure makes the Air to Ground operations far more superior with enhanced ground visuals and targeting capabilities

Well done Turkey :pakistan: :yahoo::pakistan:, you Da Boss
Looking at the tech Package now I can saw we got some umph in Thunder

Would not be suprised if our Saab platforms all get upgraded as well
Pakistan_Air_Force_Saab_2000_Asuspine.jpg

Same with the ATR platform we recently added for recon missions
2806454.jpg

Last edited:
I highly doubtful that JFT will gonna have additional station points

Additional hard points has been debated or review long time ago
Is it part of block 3? Just guessing

Video below acm states it but was not high priority till now I guess

Additional hard points has been debated or review long time ago
Is it part of block 3? Just guessing

Yes I know that is why I think additional hard points might just not happen.on the contarary multiple ejection racks might just do it on JFT

Well most interesting part was chin based hard point. Might be developing and be showed after complete testing and evaluation. Just showed the pod for initial testing point, centre line. Still if centre line remains the only point job can still be done easily with wing points.

At that time engine thrust was less. higher thrust in following years allowed possibility of additional loading.

At that time engine thrust was less. higher thrust in following years allowed possibility of additional loading.

Additional HP has nothing to do with engine thrust as long as max take off weight/ external loading are distributed on HP limits it should be fine spoken to few folks from af and need wing and or intake mount points plus modifications and strengthening finally testing

Max take off weight now ~30k lbs and external load ~9000 lbs and engine. Same rd93 with ~19000 lbs rating on block 1 and 2

All blocks can be upgraded to newer blocks

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Benefit of chin pylons ldp and jammer pod capability

Even though internal Jammer is possibility but external perhaps high power jammer option

IMG_0181.JPG

Last edited:
Wondering, is Pakistan getting the improved version of Aselpod with the lighter more aerodynamic ECU ?
guzelik.jpg

Aselsan has sold more Aselpods to an undisclosed foreign customer for $30mil, could it be Pakistani follow-on order ?

Back
Top Bottom