What's new

Arjun the worst tank ever

Khan vilatey

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I do not understand why the ultra modern, super duper , best tank in the world Arjun which took longer than any other tank to build 45 years now, not deployed near the karakhroum pass.

I think the t-90s will have to serve as target practice for the alkhalid 1 tanks and baktar shakan anti tank regiments

I leave you with the latest frenimie propaganda

kv

I do not understand why the ultra modern, super duper , best tank in the world Arjun which took longer than any other tank to build 45 years now, not deployed near the karakhroum pass.

I am sorry, but that was a silly observation. The Arjuna is closer in weight to European battle tanks, and is very heavy. @Dustom999 has already identified the key features needed in a tank that fights in this theatre, and it is a useful note to read before posting kindergarten dares.

I think the t-90s will have to serve as target practice for the alkhalid 1 tanks and baktar shakan anti tank regiments

In volleyball, it is fairly usual to have one player 'setting up' the ball, for another front-rank player to smash. By itself your remark might seem to have been a piece of continued juvenilia, but then one sees the following post from yours and one understands.

You are sure to get a good 'service' medal from your allies, as that is more readily available than a good 'set up' medal.

I am sorry, but that was a silly observation. The Arjuna is closer in weight to European battle tanks, and is very heavy. @Dustom999 has already identified the key features needed in a tank that fights in this theatre, and it is a useful note to read before posting kindergarten dares.
did he include cooperation from other arms or just the tank itself?

I leave you with the latest frenimie propaganda

kv

yaar yeah jo indain youtube pe video banate hain kiya woh ziada samajhdar hain yeah duniya sari bewakof hai?

did he include cooperation from other arms or just the tank itself?

He mentioned requirements for a diesel engine to operate at high altitude, and mentioned that Russian tank engines did not have these capabilities. At the same time, after carefully reading the specifications for the Chinese light tank, I saw nothing there that indicated that these features were present in those engines.

As you probably already know, he is a fauji retired on medical grounds, and is very acerbic in his remarks.

No remarks on cooperation with other arms, but if you jog him, depending on if he is in a good temper, he may answer.

yaar yeah jo indain youtube pe video banate hain kiya woh ziada samajhdar hain yeah duniya sari bewakof hai?

That is why it is better to go with the technical specifications rather than try to be an instant expert by watching YouTube videos.

In volleyball, it is fairly usual to have one player 'setting up' the ball, for another front-rank player to smash. By itself your remark might seem to have been a piece of continued juvenilia, but then one sees the following post from yours and one understands.

You are sure to get a good 'service' medal from your allies, as that is more readily available than a good 'set up' medal.

one could only wish, the greater travesty here is there are 12-45 t-90s deployed to attack the Chinese Pakistani life line. So strategically this is a suicidal maneuver. This is mostly to satisfy the Indian audience at home.

The point here is if it’s only propaganda value why not deploy the Arjun. Maybe it’s too fragile

kv

one could only wish, the greater travesty here is there are 12-45 t-90s deployed to attack the Chinese Pakistani life line. So strategically this is a suicidal maneuver. This is mostly to satisfy the Indian audience at home.

The point here is if it’s only propaganda value why not deploy the Arjun. Maybe it’s too fragile

kv
Is it that you have a problem in comprehension or just feel the need to repeatedly show your self as ignorant?

Is it that you have a problem in comprehension or just feel the need to repeatedly show your self as ignorant?
Please do expand on your thoughts, what seems to be the lack of comprehension you speak off?

Reread post no 3 .
Sorry still not sure about your point. Do you believe that 50,000 Chinese troops against 8000 Indians will stand a chance. The 45 t-90s with their 46 tons will somehow Maneuver to gain an advantage on Chinese lighter and more mobile atgm armed infantry on lighter platforms?
Or will they be able to somehow avoid the artillery superiority the Chinese enjoy in theater

kv

I have no military experience whatsoever and even i can tell that tanks on mountains are extremely restricted in that theater. General Nathan in the american civil war highlighted the very essence of military warfare by stating "The objective is to get there firstest with the mostest." (the general loved the 'est')

You can deploy tanks on passes and trails but they will be ambushed in a military conflict. If the concept of General Nathan is to be taken then what we need, especially in mountain warfare, as has been shown multiple times is speed. Speed and capturing the heights, the strategic passes and if these get taken, then dislodging the enemy from just a squad that has taken it alone will be a nightmare. I doubt in such an engagement a large target like a tank will make a difference.

Tanks have always been about firepower, protection and mobility. The provide extreme action, protect the infantry supporting them and are fast enough comparatively to take down the enemy. Thus the concept of tank warfare has always been them coming enmase and mowing through the line. Now it is the doctrine of war that war is the only time when a weapons and strategies are fully implemented otherwise its all on paper and all theories. We havent seen armies try to deploy tanks in mountain warfare as a means to rush the enemy and i dont think we will. Mountain warfare is very surgical in nature and with modern warfare, it has become even more surgical. I just cant see how tanks will work, where every step is a danger and not just from the enemy but from the terrain as well.

If we look at what China is planning to deploy then it is thinking about light weight battle tanks and not MBT which are a combination of three types of tanks but light weight. The idea is again mobility however i highly doubt China will be thinking about using tanks as tanks have been used so far. I would the idea of utilizing tanks in mountains is simply to do two things

1. deter the enemy from small surgical tactics where they can come in a small squad and capture a strategic pass.

2. to provide small level firepower where the weapon without the hindrance of the artillery.

In both scenarios i see the weapon as mostly stationary and the thing about a tank is that it fires straight.. If a pass is under the protection of the tank and the enemy takes the higher ground and fires anti-tank ordinance then that tank is doing to damaged with massive dependency on the artillery and infantry.

Have we never wondered why Pakistan and India, very well equipped and very smart armies, never deployed tanks on the LOC and made posts on artillery. I mean they are deployed near the LOC but not on the passes. so why is that? because tanks and mountain warfare is an experiment and a risky one at that which on paper does not look good.

As for Arjun. Arjun is a main battle tank and deploying it in passes and mountain trails and glaciers is extremely moronic. Its not whether the tank is good or not but whether it will be a hindrance or not and bringing an MBT on a mountain where already on paper, it looks sketchy. They are not that foolish. Each ordinance and weaponry is built for a purpose. There are no all-purpose weapons. Each weapon is made specifically for a purpose and, although it may be used for other purposes but its effectiveness will decrease from a 100%. Will you use an ABM system to target opposition posts or tanks? No of course not. It may work but why not use the weapon made for that purpose.

I have no military experience whatsoever and even i can tell that tanks on mountains are extremely restricted in that theater. General Nathan in the american civil war highlighted the very essence of military warfare by stating "The objective is to get there firstest with the mostest." (the general loved the 'est')

You can deploy tanks on passes and trails but they will be ambushed in a military conflict. If the concept of General Nathan is to be taken then what we need, especially in mountain warfare, as has been shown multiple times is speed. Speed and capturing the heights, the strategic passes and if these get taken, then dislodging the enemy from just a squad that has taken it alone will be a nightmare. I doubt in such an engagement a large target like a tank will make a difference.

Tanks have always been about firepower, protection and mobility. The provide extreme action, protect the infantry supporting them and are fast enough comparatively to take down the enemy. Thus the concept of tank warfare has always been them coming enmase and mowing through the line. Now it is the doctrine of war that war is the only time when a weapons and strategies are fully implemented otherwise its all on paper and all theories. We havent seen armies try to deploy tanks in mountain warfare as a means to rush the enemy and i dont think we will. Mountain warfare is very surgical in nature and with modern warfare, it has become even more surgical. I just cant see how tanks will work, where every step is a danger and not just from the enemy but from the terrain as well.

If we look at what China is planning to deploy then it is thinking about light weight battle tanks and not MBT which are a combination of three types of tanks but light weight. The idea is again mobility however i highly doubt China will be thinking about using tanks as tanks have been used so far. I would the idea of utilizing tanks in mountains is simply to do two things

1. deter the enemy from small surgical tactics where they can come in a small squad and capture a strategic pass.

2. to provide small level firepower where the weapon without the hindrance of the artillery.

In both scenarios i see the weapon as mostly stationary and the thing about a tank is that it fires straight.. If a pass is under the protection of the tank and the enemy takes the higher ground and fires anti-tank ordinance then that tank is doing to damaged with massive dependency on the artillery and infantry.

Have we never wondered why Pakistan and India, very well equipped and very smart armies, never deployed tanks on the LOC and made posts on artillery. I mean they are deployed near the LOC but not on the passes. so why is that? because tanks and mountain warfare is an experiment and a risky one at that which on paper does not look good.

As for Arjun. Arjun is a main battle tank and deploying it in passes and mountain trails and glaciers is extremely moronic. Its not whether the tank is good or not but whether it will be a hindrance or not and bringing an MBT on a mountain where already on paper, it looks sketchy. They are not that foolish. Each ordinance and weaponry is built for a purpose. There are no all-purpose weapons. Each weapon is made specifically for a purpose and, although it may be used for other purposes but its effectiveness will decrease from a 100%. Will you use an ABM system to target opposition posts or tanks? No of course not. It may work but why not use the weapon made for that purpose.

agree with all what you say.....so many words...:-)

So we agree the t-90 deployment is only for media freenzey and if that is the audience then why not show arjuns rolling down from the hill side. As t-90s are as in effective here as arjuns are in any battlefield.

alos just because something weighs the same it’s not equal. Arjun weighs as much as a western tank And that’s where all the hype ends. It is truly the worse modern tank built. It’s 4 decades to late

hell the alkhalid original version is superior to the Arjun

kv

Back
Top Bottom