What's new

Arjun the worst tank ever

Sorry still not sure about your point. Do you believe that 50,000 Chinese troops against 8000 Indians will stand a chance. The 45 t-90s with their 46 tons will somehow Maneuver to gain an advantage on Chinese lighter and more mobile atgm armed infantry on lighter platforms?
Or will they be able to somehow avoid the artillery superiority the Chinese enjoy in theater

kv
Like i said a problem with comprehension...

agree with all what you say.....so many words...:-)

So we agree the t-90 deployment is only for media freenzey and if that is the audience then why not show arjuns rolling down from the hill side. As t-90s are as in effective here as arjuns are in any battlefield.

alos just because something weighs the same it’s not equal. Arjun weighs as much as a western tank And that’s where all the hype ends. It is truly the worse modern tank built. It’s 4 decades to late

hell the alkhalid original version is superior to the Arjun

kv
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/tank...-indian-t-90-tanks-face-chinese-armor.679075/

Go through this thread , it might enlighten you the limitations of using a heavy tank at high altitudes.

agree with all what you say.....so many words...:-)

So we agree the t-90 deployment is only for media freenzey and if that is the audience then why not show arjuns rolling down from the hill side. As t-90s are as in effective here as arjuns are in any battlefield.

alos just because something weighs the same it’s not equal. Arjun weighs as much as a western tank And that’s where all the hype ends. It is truly the worse modern tank built. It’s 4 decades to late

hell the alkhalid original version is superior to the Arjun

kv

Deterrence factor most likely. India is also looking for light battle tanks for mountain warfare however i feel that tanks on a mountain are restrictive in warfare and their purpose cannot be utilized a 100%.
Arjun would bring a bigger headache than T-90 most likely since T-90 requirement of less crew and less weight and its dimensions are also less as compared to Arjun. The question is also where they are being deployed? Mountain trails, passes or bases.

Whether tanks are good for mountain warfare? whether Arjun is good as an MBT or not? whether it is superior or inferior tank? all these questions can only be discovered in the event of a war and only a war where armies are forced to strategize and chinks in strategy and ordinance are displayed fully.

Deterrence factor most likely. India is also looking for light battle tanks for mountain warfare however i feel that tanks on a mountain are restrictive in warfare and their purpose cannot be utilized a 100%.
Arjun would bring a bigger headache than T-90 most likely since T-90 requirement of less crew and less weight and its dimensions are also less as compared to Arjun. The question is also where they are being deployed? Mountain trails, passes or bases.

Whether tanks are good for mountain warfare? whether Arjun is good as an MBT or not? whether it is superior or inferior tank? all these questions can only be discovered in the event of a war and only a war where armies are forced to strategize and chinks in strategy and ordinance are displayed fully.

by you logic t-72s should be deployed lighter and smaller

tanks don’t work in mountains so there was no reason to deploy any tank but fit proganda!

I do not understand why the ultra modern, super duper , best tank in the world Arjun which took longer than any other tank to build 45 years now, not deployed near the karakhroum pass.

I think the t-90s will have to serve as target practice for the alkhalid 1 tanks and baktar shakan anti tank regiments

I leave you with the latest frenimie propaganda

kv

Bakhtar Shikan is a copy of outdated Chinese anti tank missile HJ-8 and so outdated I doubt it will be useful against our deadly T72s.... just forget about homemade Arjun and T90s....

Bakhtar Shikan is a copy of outdated Chinese anti tank missile HJ-8 and so outdated I doubt it will be useful against our deadly T72s.... just forget about homemade Arjun and T90s....

it was so outdated that chechens used the first version of this to take out Russian t-72s and t-80s - we had a 100% kill ration

then some were used against the mekava again a 100% kill and the 15000 tows we have, similar weapons took out at least two t-90s manned by Russian crews in Syria

just saying

it was so outdated that chechens used the first version of this to take out Russian t-72s and t-80s - we had a 100% kill ration

then some were used against the mekava again a 100% kill and the 15000 tows we have, similar weapons took out at least two t-90s manned by Russian crews in Syria

just saying

If it has taken out T80/90s then I must say it's still a deadly ATGM but then Bakhtar Shikan taking out T80 should be worrisome for you as then imagine what our deadly NAGAs will do to your T80 UDs... remember Naga is a generation ahead of Bakhtar Shikan my friend....

Imagine when cold start begins and dozens of arjunks just sink into the sand while atgms and alkhalids take care of the rest

If it has taken out T80/90s then I must say it's still a deadly ATGM but then Bakhtar Shikan taking out T80 should be worrisome for you as then imagine what our deadly NAGAs will do to your T80 UDs... remember Naga is a generation ahead of Bakhtar Shikan my friend....

I was hearing the same thing from Indians but it was that Mig-21s were better than F-16s and Su-30mki is the raptor of the east. Now their tone is completely different.

I am sorry, but that was a silly observation. The Arjuna is closer in weight to European battle tanks, and is very heavy. @Dustom999 has already identified the key features needed in a tank that fights in this theatre, and it is a useful note to read before posting kindergarten dares.
and that heavy tank can not move in desert while having trails :D ab isko EU le jao

I would just say doesn't even matter what you use.Conflicts have changed.It depends upon the qualities of commander ,his skills,his experience and knowledge and the way they use their equipment.If the mujahideen can give russians and whooping with some klashinkoves and some stingers because of good tactics and general awareness of ops theater i would say trolling apni jaga but don't be so overconfident be humble respect your enemies but always be ready.

and that heavy tank can not move in desert while having trails :D ab isko EU le jao

That is not correct. It proved to be easier to move through desert sand than the T72, that was to become the T90. When they investigated, they found that the Arjun weighed less per square foot of pressure on the ground than the T72, because of the distribution of the tracks and the weight of the tank on the tracks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom