What's new

Argentinean Air Force Chief traveling to China (JF-17 on Plate!!)

You seems to have so much authority on air planes and air warfare. Can you for sake of us illiterate people, tell us the difference between 3 gen and 4th gen aircraft?
Thanks
1Gen...Saber...............................F-84/86
2Gen...starfighter.......................F-104
3Gen...phantom .........................F-4
4Gen...the most successful.......F-16

F-16 was with fly by wire and F-4 was not.

No, the British and the Jew are care about the money. They goes where prosperity goes. US failure to stop its allies joining AIIB is the worst foreign policy it ever suffer. If Obama keeps you its mouth shut. They might save some face but the fact they so vocally call for abandon is ignore show the very weakness of US.

Now it commerce, next time it will be military. British and Europe will openly support China retake diayutai and oppose US intervention in Asia.

LOOL Calm down and drink some coffee bro....believe me it soothes nerves and make you more relax/come back to your senses.:)

earlier version F-16 are considered 3.5 gen
blk30/32/40/42 is considered 4th gen
blk52+ is considered 4+ gen
blk60/61 is considered 4.5 gen

mirage 2000-9/-5mk2 are all 4 gen

JF-17 are all 4 gen

Su-30MKI si considered 4+ gen

j-10b/c, rafel and EF-2000 are considered 4.5 gen

f-22, f-35, PAK-FA, j-20 and FC-31 are all 5th gen

There isn't a whole lot of generational gap between the F-4's, F-104's and Sabres. They were roughly all second generation. F-4, due to it being a larger plane and twin engine, had more room for upgrades so it received more service life, as newer avionics, etc, designed for F-14, could be put on to F-4's also. Otherwise, these were all 2nd gen platforms.

F-16, F-14 and F-15 really kicked off the 3rd generation of jets with FBW, HOTAS, etc. Later addition of HUD's, BVR's multi-mode radars (advanced SAR), Precision Guided munitions was what further advanced these jets to a 4th gen platform.

Hey Argei would be really dumb to go to war in this miserable economic state this jet would just be a show peace

Hey Argei would be really dumb to go to war in this miserable economic state this jet would just be a show peace

The Falklands are still very usurp-able, but as such I am not sure of their strategic value today to the British? @mike2000
Clearly with the Empire no longer around and Britain focusing more on its internal growth, perhaps a Hong Kong type walkaway is needed for the Falklands?
Although the British folk on the Island may feel abandoned, there were some who said that prior to the Argentinian invasion there was not much love lost for England among them

Thank you. It was just meant for that stupid post. Anyways, the point is not comparison of British vs Argentinean and JF17s vs Typhoon.
Like any country, Argentine has the right to defend herself and purchase the defence equipment. Its their pocket and their political limitations, which they will consider before selecting a platform.
Argentine is currently not at war with British, nor there is a possibility of that in foreseeable future. Argentine is just looking to phase out their vintage aircrafts, for which JF17 is one of the option. Like every man made thing, it also has its merit and demerits.
On the side note, there is nothing which prevent it from tracking and lock down Typoon. Typhoon is also not invincible nor are the British.

The Falklands are still very usurp-able, but as such I am not sure of their strategic value today to the British? @mike2000
Clearly with the Empire no longer around and Britain focusing more on its internal growth, perhaps a Hong Kong type walkaway is needed for the Falklands?
Although the British folk on the Island may feel abandoned, there were some who said that prior to the Argentinian invasion there was not much love lost for England among them
The Falklands existed before Argentine was even a country. 99.8% of Falklanders don't want to be part of Argentina.

What benefit is it to handover the Falklands to Argentina??? is it going to help improve their lives??? will it improve Argentina as well???

it's really a non-issue, but you know how those leftists are in South America they rather blame all their problems on someone else.

just look at Venezuela, Argentina, and Brazil....they don't look so hot.

Last edited:
The Falklands existed before Argentine was even a country. 99.8% of Falklanders don't want to be part of Argentina.

What benefit is it to handover the Falklands to Argentina??? is it going to help improve their lives??? will it improve Argentina as well???

it's really a non-issue, but you know how those leftists are in South America they rather blame all their problems on someone else.

just look at Venezuela, Argentina, and Brazil....they don't look so hot.
Its you who is saying you are american. Direct Ally of Britain the Great. 98% is overwhelming figure. Moreover its also about the royality of the land not just about people. Argentine might have a reason.

Its you who is saying you are american. Direct Ally of Britain the Great. 98% is overwhelming figure. Moreover its also about the royality of the land not just about people. Argentine might have a reason.
royalty?? only Argentine is making this out like some kind imperial issue. it's an island of 1,000+ people who raise sheep. they consider themselves British which they are... over 6+ generations I would assume. they have the right to determine their future.

once they start getting that black gold from under the ocean they'll be pretty damn rich.

and I bet they won't waste such a fortune like Argentina would.

royalty?? only Argentine is making this out like some kind imperial issue. it's an island of 1,000+ people who raise sheep. they consider themselves British which they are... over 6+ generations I would assume. they have the right to determine their future.

once they start getting that black gold from under the ocean they'll be pretty damn rich.

and I bet they won't waste such a fortune like Argentina would.

So you are implying Britain truely cares for those 1000 people living in Falkland so much?

33 Canadian companies directly involved in JSF. And Canada is only suppose to be an "observing nation" in the program.
There is much more to an aircraft then just a body and an engine. I'm sure you already know that.

I'm just gonna tell you what someone told me.
"we knew the gulf war was going to happen 6 months before it started. We received a massive order from USAF for xxxxx Missiles."
The company this gentleman worked for is in Canada. And that missile is one of the most sensitive weapons that US sold it to very few nations. And its mostly built in Canada!

Likewise, whether you like it or not, Pakistan builds more than 40% of the components needed to assemble JF-17 in house.
pakistan has a 58% share in the aircraft. Right now we build close to 60% of entire aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom