What's new

Argentinean Air Force Chief traveling to China (JF-17 on Plate!!)

The Falklands existed before Argentine was even a country. 99.8% of Falklanders don't want to be part of Argentina.

What benefit is it to handover the Falklands to Argentina??? is it going to help improve their lives??? will it improve Argentina as well???

it's really a non-issue, but you know how those leftists are in South America they rather blame all their problems on someone else.

just look at Venezuela, Argentina, and Brazil....they don't look so hot.

Regardless, for both sides its a prestige issue more than the sheep. Ironically, America helped the Argentinians prepare for an invasion just prior to it by helping the Argentinians carry out landing exercises with the USMC.

The Falklands are still very usurp-able, but as such I am not sure of their strategic value today to the British? @mike2000
Clearly with the Empire no longer around and Britain focusing more on its internal growth, perhaps a Hong Kong type walkaway is needed for the Falklands?
Although the British folk on the Island may feel abandoned, there were some who said that prior to the Argentinian invasion there was not much love lost for England among them
Falklands has offshore oil
Oil and gas in the Falklands: Treasure islands? | The Economist

For the simple reason that partners have no contribution apart from money.Some components but nothing substantial.
No,
for simple reason that they have much better ties with US and see them as a more reliable provider of military hardware.

Using you logic, Argentina is LOOKING to buy JF-17 from CHINA and the third comment in the thread posted by:
upload_2015-3-20_13-12-45.jpeg

WHY?

South America has always been an underrated market. Pakistan and China should not loose the opportunity they are getting. They should sell stuff more than just JF-17

Last edited:
JF-17 is more suitable than J-10 for Argentina. JF-17 is a light fighter in the class of Gripen selected by Brazil.

To face UK they will need both J-10B & JF-17s with AWACS and NCW capability in their air force with good training and doctrine.

Which weapon is lacking to match Eurofighter weapons?
Or just a UK has to be better!

Sir,

If you do not know the difference by now---it would be difficult to make you understand---.

To face UK they will need both J-10B & JF-17s with AWACS and NCW capability in their air force with good training and doctrine.

Sir,

You would be looking more like the J 10 C with AESA, JHMCS and off bore sight missiles

Sir,

If you do not know the difference by now---it would be difficult to make you understand---.

Respected MK,
I know there's a tit bit difference, but seriously statements like 'it has no match' without setting benchmark, is all inviting for objections.
Sir, we all know JF-17 has comprehensive weapon package, we do definitely match Eurofightere there, i hope i don't have to list it to make my point.
Specs. are close enough to give benefit of classification PAF exercise to disclose true parameters of its products.

Respected MK,
I know there's a tit bit difference, but seriously statements like 'it has no match' without setting benchmark, is all inviting for objections.
Sir, we all know JF-17 has comprehensive weapon package, we do definitely match Eurofightere there, i hope i don't have to list it to make my point.
Specs. are close enough to give benefit of classification PAF exercise to disclose true parameters of its products.

Hi,

Switch the roles----. Your country now owns the Eurofighter and your enemy owns the JF 17's---now tell me how hard are you going to smack that guy who says his JF 17 is better than the Eurofighter.

Sir,

Sir,

You would be looking more like the J 10 C with AESA, JHMCS and off bore sight missiles

J-10B already have all those.

Well, one thing, those Trident is American's Trident, they have another set of console controlling those in America. Just so you know..

American sell the Brits those Trident with a duplicate console in US, UK can fire them to US, but the duplicate console in US would and could command the trident to self destruct....

To be fair, Manhattan Project is not the same as Trident project. one is for Atomic weapon, and the other one is for the DELIVERY of nuclear weapon.

Let me tell you this, pentagon have a Kill switch to the Internet, yes, the actual internet which they can hijack all net traffic and send out Emergency broadcast over the existing civilian network, don't ask me how I know, I just know.

You can certainly design a missile and put kill switch on that, without detonating the weapon.again, don't ask me how I know

dude, I used to work Intel, I have TSI, they don't need to tell me.

For someone "who used to work intel" you have a remarkably crap understanding of OPSEC. Well done for releasing classified information on a defence forum.

Then again you haven't because you're just a Walter aren't you!

Walts - ARRSEpedia

Argentina is a much bigger country than Britain. To China, Argentina is much more important than Britain.

LOL Argentina is more important than Britain? I'm assuming you're Chinese Canadian hence the loyalty to authoritarian regime and not a country whose queen also hapens to be your head of state.

For someone "who used to work intel" you have a remarkably crap understanding of OPSEC. Well done for releasing classified information on a defence forum.

Then again you haven't because you're just a Walter aren't you!

Walts - ARRSEpedia

dude, thats common knowledge, I do not reveal anything people dont already know, like the thing with snowden, its not the revelation of NSA spying that got him in this predicament, but How NSA spy on people....

For my post, i just confirm what people already know, but the how is missing. So tell me, what kind of OPSec I violated by saying US have duplicate control over UK nuclear missile. Which is already stated in the open with a condition that UK were to get permission from US before using it?

As for what am I, please do not believe in what I claim I am, in fact, please treat it as if i was lying. I did not say that to increase my creditability.

Oh and by the way, I am not a walt, at worse, I am a rupert

edit:: just so you know, in case you were wondering which open source say this (the UK trident is controlled by the American incident) in 2014, here is the article in the guardian

UK's nuclear deterrent entirely dependent on the US – crossparty report | UK news | The Guardian

Again I did not disclose which system was shared and how it was shared (Which I know) so please tell me what kind of OPSec I do violated....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom