What's new

Are Pakistan’s female medical students to be doctors or wives?

Yup, its rather odd. I know a total of three Pakistani families in Sydney, all three women are supposedly "doctors", two are just homemakers and one works as a clerk in the immigration department o_O
getting residency in a speciality in the same city where the hubby is, is difficult

my significant other is still practising... but something, even 50-50, has to be compromised, either home or profession

Many families prefer to find well educated girls for their sons. But after marriage want to confine them to home to cook, clean and raise children. I know case where a well educated girl in Pakistan with an MBA, high paying job at multinational bank after the marriage was not allowed to work and not even drive her own car. It is actually the women themselves who are against other younger women. The same Saas-Bahu conflict.

I concur.

getting residency in a speciality in the same city where the hubby is, is difficult
That may have more to do with licensure requirements for FMGs.

Ah didn't think of that! Its a shame though, fully qualified doctors just wasting their skill away, especially when there is a severe shortage of medical professionals in rural Australia.

why not both?

The title should have read "Are Pakistan's female med students to be doctors or only wives". That's what the author meant.

Of course, a woman can be a doctor and a wife, just as a man can be a doc and a husband (as most male doctors are).

engineer boy + doctor girl == prefect combo :p:
engineers cant understand what the doctor has to go through in student life as well as professional life

trust me.. half of my family is of doctors , other half is of engineers.. even phd engineers from the states told me that they never had to study this much as i had to during my basic degree...

I wanted to comment, but just remembered cristicism faced by afridi. i better stay quite. women doctorwives are just very great and help build nation.

engineers cant understand what the doctor has to go through in student life as well as professional life
and vice versa :p: engineer's practical/professional life is more difficult then doctors .........mostly engineers are jobless

what Pakistani women benefit from MBBS?-
a rich burger husband-

Sir I agree, but the reward (financial + prestige) is greater too...right. As far as the chemistry is concerned between the two It differs on case by case basis.

Back
Top Bottom