What's new

Are Pakistan’s female medical students to be doctors or wives?

Hamaray ghar ki bahu bahar kaam nahi karay gi ! They don't allow daughter-in-laws to work. Its usually the women against the women.
Ya then get a hardworking one from the village...Or get the son married to the maid! She will clean, cook, raise children like no one else!

She wont even fight back and just go "ji acha ji"

What a loathe of crap this thread is.
I know plenty of female doctors working in hospitals.My elder sister is a doctor and her husband never forbid her to work.
Oh yeah you got one two scenarios and decided to open a thread or write an article.

To put it bluntly, it is quite simple: those perceived to be ugly have to work, while the "pretty" ones get married and churn out kids and rotis. Before anyone gets mad at me, please note that it is a sad commentary on societal norms, not my views.
You will meet so many of your hot class fellows during APPNA activities... even after getting an american national hubby, they dont work... not even get enrolled into simple master courses

females are by nature studious but if this sort of problem exists, are female med students not taught male anatomy & vice versa in Pakistan?

You mill meet so many of your hot class fellows during APPNA activities... even after getting an american national hubby, they dont work... not even get enrolled into simple master courses

APPNA is much more of a jewelry and fashion show and oneupmanship than anything else. Quite boring.

What a loathe of crap this thread is.
I know plenty of female doctors working in hospitals.My elder sister is a doctor and her husband never forbid her to work.
Oh yeah you got one two scenarios and decided to open a thread or write an article.

Actually it is you who is deriving larger conclusions from anecdotal data about your own family. You knowing "plenty of female doctors" or your sister being a doctor are not data points to refute the article. The article states that 70% of medical students are women. Are 70% of doctors in Pakistan women? If the percentage is significantly less, then there is a problem, from a gender POV.

This is true in India as well. I personally know a woman who did a bachelors in chemistry from IIT, which puts her in an elite club of qualified people in India, and then got a masters in industrial chemistry from abroad. After that, she married, did not work, had children, and is now making rotis for the husband and kids.

It's her choice of course, but it is a fact that this happens, and it is not good for society as a whole.

APPNA is much more of a jewelry and fashion show and oneupmanship than anything else. Quite boring.
my class fellows have aged very quickly .. I chatted with a female in one of these shows.. and was quite embarrassed when after ten minutes she told me that she was in my class ... :p:

Most of them are going to be just wives ...being victim of such thing merit is very high ...the girls should practice their doctors profession ...

There is generally no proper security for lady doctors working on long shifts or in emergency etc ... any one can abuse or even try to slap them etc particularly the patients of party workers of politicians are extremely rude

Yup, its rather odd. I know a total of three Pakistani families in Sydney, all three women are supposedly "doctors", two are just homemakers and one works as a clerk in the immigration department o_O

Yup, its rather odd. I know a total of three Pakistani families in Sydney, all three women are supposedly "doctors", two are just homemakers and one works as a clerk in the immigration department o_O

That may have more to do with licensure requirements for FMGs.

Back
Top Bottom