What's new

Anti-Pakistan bias on Cricinfo - Please help me in reporting!

Kambojaric

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I am casually reading Cricinfos article today on the Pakistan-Afghanistan game, and am shocked by the blatant anti-Pakistan propaganda being thrown out on that website.

"Afghans want an identity of their own. They learnt their cricket in Pakistan, but they didn't go there out of free will. Pakistan played a big role in their being refugees."

"Irony is, Bangladesh themselves fought against the imposition of Urdu (and Punjabi) when they sought freedom from Pakistan."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27085147/the-pain-wahab-hamid-victory-defeat

Did Pakistan invade Afghanistan in 1979 forcing millions of Afghans to flee to Pakistan? What drug has this guy been smoking to even think about writing that Pakistan enforced Punjabi on Bangladesh (when its not even an official language in Punjab)!

I believe in taking action and urge other PDF members to spread this information and report it to Cricinfo (http://submit.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/submit/forms/feedback.html)

If we dont speak up then another popular website will fall under the sway of Indians trying to spread hatred for Pakistan. I have linked the report URL above. I have reported the author Sidharth Monga and urge the rest of you to do the same. My report alone will not make a difference but if enough of us report it then we might make a difference.

So I am casually reading Cricinfos article today on the Pakistan-Afghanistan game, and am shocked by the blatant anti-Pakistan propaganda being thrown out on that website.

"Afghans want an identity of their own. They learnt their cricket in Pakistan, but they didn't go there out of free will. Pakistan played a big role in their being refugees."

"Irony is, Bangladesh themselves fought against the imposition of Urdu (and Punjabi) when they sought freedom from Pakistan."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27085147/the-pain-wahab-hamid-victory-defeat

Did Pakistan invade Afghanistan in 1979 forcing millions of Afghans to flee to Pakistan? What drug has this guy been smoking to even think about writing that Pakistan enforced Punjabi on Bangladesh (when its not even an official language in Punjab)!

I believe in taking action and urge other PDF members to spread this information and report it to Cricinfo (http://submit.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/submit/forms/feedback.html)

If we dont speak up then another popular website will fall under the sway of Indians trying to spread hatred for Pakistan. I have linked the report URL above. I have reported the author Sidharth Monga and urge the rest of you to do the same. My report alone will not make a difference but if enough of us report it then we might make a difference.
free time of Indian trolls. even if you lodge your complaint it will be ignored because admin running that website might be complicit in that propoganda

free time of Indian trolls. even if you lodge your complaint it will be ignored because admin running that website might be complicit in that propoganda

Agreed. Still we should do what we can in our capacity. Making your voice heard only takes a couple of minutes.

Sidharth Monga at Headingley. That is the author of the biased article.

Agreed. Still we should do what we can in our capacity. Making your voice heard only takes a couple of minutes.
The right way is to develop our own websites & apps and use them. But we are always looking for shortcuts and relying on others to do favours to us. Thus my suggestion will be ignored and we all will forget it until another insult is thrown at us. We won't do anything because we lack the capability and will. We are slogan chanters. We are not doers.

Shitty indians every where.
Will you do anything about it?

Last edited:
The right way is to develop our own websites & apps and use them. But we are always looking for shortcuts and relying on others to do favours on us. Thus my suggestion will be ignored and we all will forget it until another insult is thrown at us. We won't do anything because we lack the capability and will. We are slogan chanters. We are not doers.

Pakistanis aren’t generally as united, outspoken or even informed about their own state of affairs. You cannot take a stance when you haven’t done your homework. I have said it before, we like to worship personalities. Even at the expense of hurting our economy and well being. That is not a good sign for any nation.

I like your suggestion of developing our own social media platforms and sites. We have a sizable expat community abroad and a large population in Pakistan. This is a market in itself. We need professionals who can tap into these niche markets.

The right way is to develop our own websites & apps and use them. But we are always looking for shortcuts and relying on others to do favours on us. Thus my suggestion will be ignored and we all will forget it until another insult is thrown at us. We won't do anything because we lack the capability and will. We are slogan chanters. We are not doers.

There are some Pakistani websites that have dedicated cricket forums like Pakpassion but Cricinfo draws a global audience and has senior Pakistani editors as well like Osman Samiuddin. His pieces on Pakistani cricket are quite enjoyable. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/author.html?author=25).

Pakistanis aren’t generally as united, outspoken or even informed about their own state of affairs. You cannot take a stance when you haven’t done your homework. I have said it before, we like to worship personalities. Even at the expense of hurting our economy and well being. That is not a good sign for any nation.

I like your suggestion of developing our own social media platforms and sites. We have a sizable expat community abroad and a large population in Pakistan. This is a market in itself. We need professionals who can tap into these niche markets.
Yaar hum naray marne wali makhlooq hain..hum se hota kuch bhi nahin...

There are some Pakistani websites that have dedicated cricket forums like Pakpassion but Cricinfo draws a global audience
Do you see the difference? The answer lies your post. How can you expect global audience to come to your website? Sorry to say but most of the websites developed by Pakistanis are pathetic and ugly, very limited in scope and quality.

I remember that when I joined FB, there was a campaign to boycott it because of some blasphemous stuff posted on it..so like others friends I also deactivated my newly created account and then one of my friends sent me invitation to join "Millat Facebook" ...such cringe worthy name..but I joined it because most of my friends had joined it. The moment I logged in, I knew it was doomed. First disingenuous name and then the style neon style ugly graphics (more like the infamous truck art) and overly religious themes, ..and today no one recognises that site because the sole purpose of the developer of that shitty website was just to capitalise on the sentiment. It still exists but no one bothers.

Last edited:
Cricket has become to politicized all because of indian BCCI and ipl who control icc
watch this

@Kambojaric dont stress yourself too much, 99% of Afghans who are in the west lived most of their lives in Pakistan and they have seen the kind of life we live in Pakistan, the amount of food we eat the type of houses we live in, while they were living in the tents eating daal roti fed to them by Daal Khors lols. would be good to ignore them.

even if you lodge your complaint it will be ignored because admin running that website might be complicit in that propoganda

It is the right of every management team to run their own forum as they see fit.

Pakistan has been keeping the pot in afghanistan smoldering after 1990. soviets went home in 1990.

considering the piss poor performance of afghan government i am impressed you can teach the afghans to play cricket

Pakistan has been keeping the pot in afghanistan smoldering after 1990. soviets went home in 1990.

considering the piss poor performance of afghan government i am impressed you can teach the afghans to play cricket
so you were gracious enough to discount the 11 years. and not add your own debauchery into the mix either.

Back
Top Bottom