What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

Every local commander is operating with almost complete autonomy.

Yaraa waisee if that is true why aren't we isolating these Local Commanders (TTP) & taking them out if the Negotiations with the Elephant in the Room (Fazlullah's Boys) is going to drag on for a while now ?

Matlaab its going to be easier to eliminate a small group of 50-100 fighters by isolating them when compared with trying to take out the bulk of the TTP united under Molvi Radio !

Yaraa waisee if that is true why aren't we isolating these Local Commanders (TTP) & taking them out if the Negotiations with the Elephant in the Room (Fazlullah's Boys) is going to drag on for a while now ?

Matlaab its going to be easier to eliminate a small group of 50-100 fighters by isolating them when compared with trying to take out the bulk of the TTP united under Molvi Radio !

At the moment, we need to focus on our own mess before we go on befriending Afghan Militant Commanders, secondly, they won't agree to co-operate with us for no reason, most commanders on the Pak-Afghan border are bitter enemies of everything Pakistani.

As for the TTP Commanders, we have tried and separate some many we have succeeded in turning but that's not a news worthy achievement apparently.

At the moment, we need to focus on our own mess before we go on befriending Afghan Militant Commanders, secondly, they won't agree to co-operate with us for no reason, most commanders on the Pak-Afghan border are bitter enemies of everything Pakistani.

I was talking about the TTP not the Afghan Taliban ! :unsure:

If the TTP, like its Afghan Counterpart, is a franchise of militant groups that goes (say!) from A-Z why aren't we isolating & eliminating the smaller Groups so that in a way we get the easier task out of the way before we confront a somewhat weakened Elephant in the Room - Fazlullah's Group !

In addition to that what about the Punjabi Taliban ? Why aren't we eliminating them through a combined Rangers & Police operation in parts of Punjab to weed out these vermin !

I was talking about the TTP not the Afghan Taliban ! :unsure:

If the TTP, like its Afghan Counterpart, is a franchise of militant groups that goes (say!) from A-Z why aren't we isolating & eliminating the smaller Groups so that in a way we get the easier task out of the way before we confront a somewhat weakened Elephant in the Room - Fazlullah's Group !

Commander Imran
Commander Nazir
Ismatullah Bhittani (There were two)

These are the major commanders we converted to our side from SWA alone. The first two are dead and these are high level commanders, same is the case with other areas but like I said, that doesn't make much news partly because we don't want to put these guys at risk by publicizing the matter and secondly because apparently the media doesn't want this news either because it doesn't sell as good.

In addition to that what about the Punjabi Taliban ? Why aren't we eliminating them through a combined Rangers & Police operation in parts of Punjab to weed out these vermin !

They're spread out too thin, there was a targetted Op against them in Fsd but they are like a flea, they keep moving and they don't have any permanent bases. They are a small group and they use that to their advantage.

I dnt know how true all your facts are but.. 2013 was the deadliest year for ANA... in terms of casualities..

It was, also deadly for ANA.
But casualties goes up when you are going to do the fightings.

Although more armored vehicles and UAV, will make our casualties more acceptable in 2014 and 2015 hopfully.

It was, also deadly for ANA.
But casualties goes up when you are going to do the fightings.

Although more armored vehicles and UAV, will make our casualties more acceptable in 2014 and 2015 hopfully.

Are you guys getting some armour?

Are you guys getting some armour?

Not lethal armor, but yes armor.

Our armored vehicles are listed below.
175 M113 A2
10.000+ heavily armored Humvees (4.000 to e delivered)
670+ M1117 (320+ to be delivered)

@Icarus - Do you think the ANSF would be able to perform well enough after the American Withdrawal ? Because @jhungary - who trained them - didn't seem to think so ! :unsure:

@RescueRanger - Janaab aap bhii kuch bataiiin ? :undecided:

I think @jhungary is the best source to turn to in this sense because his experience with the Afghan Forces far exceeds that of my own. I would sure like to hope that they are able to hold off the Taliban, it is in the greater interest of both our countries and the region as a whole because of one of our countries is taken by the Taliban, they're going to use it as a springboard for neighboring countries.

Lol, @Armstrong your question here is different than the one you ask me before....

Anyway, as I promised you I will let you know my view on the Afghanistan issue post 2014, so here goes

First of all Afghan Security force is indeed a competent force, at least 70% of them Are on par with any profession force in the world, so their capability is enough to combat Taliban alone. However, as I see it, there are 3 Major problem

1.) Number, well now, since the withdrawal agreement had been going on and off and now arguing between stay and not stay. It's hard to actual see what's the situation as of now, even today is Feb1 2014...

Let's for argument sake. ISAF is in complete withdrawal .

Currently Afghan security force numbered 250,000-300,000 personnel. And NATO/ISAF numbered about 120,000. With a complete withdrawal, there will be a net gap of 120,000 void to fill by Afghan Security force, and for most part, you cannot use ANP personnel to fill the role of a NATO soldier. That would make choices even thinner.

And while Afghan Force is competently function as an effect fighting force, most of them would needed to fill the strategic important location currently occupied by NATO force, unless recruitment is up by 200% or more, the withdraw of ISAF will force the Afghan Force abandon some not so important position due to man power issue, that would definitely be used as a breeding ground and breathing place for the Taliban

2.) The CAS issue, with I high column call rate of CAS, the ISAF withdrawal would also mean taking away the close air support asset from Afghanistan. While gunship and transport role would not hurt much, the fast air component would hurt the afghan force the most.

Either the afghan force can develop a Strategy that would allow them to have fast deployment (Increased mobility) and alternative support, this will reduce the Afghan force fighting efficiency.

3.) Trust from its own people. Civilian branding is a strange thing, they will almost alway support whoever that's winning that week. Problem is you cannot control a country when your own citizen does not really believe your side is definitely winning.

So when Taliban return, compounded with the number issue, some of afghan population would most definitely be rooting for Taliban. That itself would be a major problem to the Afghan Force

If the 3 issues above is not properly address, the chance of a stable Afghanistan is not good. Well, I am not going to beat a dead rabbit with it, but 2 thing I know will certainly happen

1.) the ISAF is gonna leave, if not 2014 then it would be a later date. But they are gonna go

2.) the Taliban will return to Afghanistan.

Since I cannot predict future, so you have to interpret my view with your own way

@Icarus - Do you think the ANSF would be able to perform well enough after the American Withdrawal ? Because @jhungary - who trained them - didn't seem to think so ! :unsure:

@RescueRanger - Janaab aap bhii kuch bataiiin ? :undecided:

Sir,

Like i have said before many times let us see what happens in 2014... Posh kit in Kabul wont make up for abandoned check posts near the border.

Lol, @Armstrong your question here is different than the one you ask me before.....so you have to interpret my view with your own way

Okay - I hope I didn't misquote or misrepresent you in any way because if I did I apologize ! :(

I had gathered the impression from your following posts that you reckoned that the Taliban will come back & the Afghan Establishment (Civilian + Military Executive) won't be able to hold their own :

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India | Page 9

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India | Page 5

Time has come to leave Afghanistan

The gist of those posts, as I understood them to be, came across as thus :

(i) ANA isn't suitable for fighting the insurgency but the ANP is however there isn't any intelligence sharing or coordination between the two of them for things to work out optimally !

(ii) The Locals are either rooting for the Taliban or are scared sh*tless of them; they didn't even let you guys bury one of their dead's decomposed remains out of fear of reprisal !

An extrapolation of that could be - How are the 'Forces' you built even if they're recruited from the Afghans are going to be viewed by the Locals ? Mercenaries or Sons of the Soil ?

(iii) Whatever was happening in Afghanistan in '01 is still happening there & nothing has really changed !

(iv) Unless one find's another country as strong as the US to take the 'beam' - what does that colloquial expression mean - you'd have a Civil War 2.0 happening in Afghanistan !

(v) One needs to bet on the right horse because it could go either way !

@Icarus - Some of that would seem eerily true for our side as well....no ? :fie:

1460278_617134688348298_1340134923_n.jpg

999176_612983455430088_593029369_n.jpg

942831_530016663726768_672737364_n.jpg

295317_514671015261333_746576875_n.jpg

17770_509796789082089_300745598_n.jpg

564908_433798733348562_2007770459_n.jpg

405094_263135590406611_1817374901_n.jpg

403907_263135330406637_1093295901_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom