What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

I don't think there is such a severe lack of CAS that transport helis have to be converted to gunships. Armed Mi-17s are not a great choice. They are slow, bulky and vulnerable to ground fire. I think the Afghan MOD are betting on getting dedicated platforms since the US is paying for it.
On a side-note, there should be more cooperation between the military of Afghanistan and Iraq. Sharing knowledge on counter-IED, Intelligence and counter-terror tactics could be very fruitifull. Both countries are facing terrorists which uses similar techniques to attack our forces.

Indeed, we are much in a similar situation.

Some days ago we where visited by the Iraqi foreign minister, and he shared some knowledge about how to negotiate with the American during the BSA.

NDS lads - "The Hunters"
74084_671140976270533_1680277849_n.jpg

1554561_803590379666863_1905437734_n.jpg

1688139_800393883319846_1739346211_n.jpg

1655979_803410263018208_317413734_n.jpg

Damn these chaps should become more professional. Their fighting capability isnt great.

@Icarus - Do you think the ANSF would be able to perform well enough after the American Withdrawal ? Because @jhungary - who trained them - didn't seem to think so ! :unsure:

I think @jhungary is the best source to turn to in this sense because his experience with the Afghan Forces far exceeds that of my own. I would sure like to hope that they are able to hold off the Taliban, it is in the greater interest of both our countries and the region as a whole because of one of our countries is taken by the Taliban, they're going to use it as a springboard for neighboring countries.

@Icarus - Do you think the ANSF would be able to perform well enough after the American Withdrawal ? Because @jhungary - who trained them - didn't seem to think so ! :unsure:
ANA won the 2013 fighting season.
What made this victory quite spectacular was:

- First time that ANA should fight, countrywide on their own.
- NO, land where lost to Taliban, but land was taken from the Taliban.
- Taliban saw their highest casualty rate ever, 12.000 removed from the battlefield.
- all NATO commanders says, that this was the proof of that ANA will win this war.

I think @jhungary is the best source to turn to in this sense because his experience with the Afghan Forces far exceeds that of my own. I would sure like to hope that they are able to hold off the Taliban, it is in the greater interest of both our countries and the region as a whole because of one of our countries is taken by the Taliban, they're going to use it as a springboard for neighboring countries.

Oh come on; talk to Mullah Omar over some Pepperoni Pizza & ask him to at least play the part of Pakistan's 'veritable arm' otherwise its no fun being blamed right, left & center for something we're not even doing ! :hitwall:

- Taliban saw their highest casualty rate ever, 12.000 removed from the battlefield.
- all NATO commanders says, that this was the proof of that ANA will win this war.

Okay ! :(

Oh come on; talk to Mullah Omar over some Pepperoni Pizza & ask him to at least play the part of Pakistan's 'veritable arm' otherwise its no fun being blamed right, left & center for something we're not even doing ! :hitwall:

The Afghan Taliban, much like the TTP consist of a franchise system. They use the same name and hold Mullah Omar in high regard but pursue independent agendas which if Mullah Omar was ever to contest, they would continue pursuing in direct contention of his order.

The Afghan Taliban, much like the TTP consist of a franchise system. They use the same name and hold Mullah Omar in high regard but pursue independent agendas which if Mullah Omar was ever to contest, they would continue pursuing in direct contention of his order.

So you mean Mullah Omar is still a member of Team Pakistan ? :what:

I dnt know how true all your facts are but.. 2013 was the deadliest year for ANA... in terms of casualities..

No, I said "If". At the moment, most people think he's long been dead.

So who's running the show then ? :what:

The plot is getting more sinister as we speak then; someone else masquerading as Mullah Omar ! :D

Back
Top Bottom