What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

ASF at Camp Morehead
1382896_10151769107423411_1602863547_n.jpg

Afghan Cadets in India

1174943_10151733544948411_1597449003_n.jpg

7845_10151722266658411_706952376_n.jpg
good photos.

The MI 17’s should be fitted with unguided rockets, cheap & heavy firepower, good for firing at mountains as well.
Each side can carry 3 = almost 200 rockets.
iraq-59.jpg

The MI 17’s should be fitted with unguided rockets, cheap & heavy firepower, good for firing at mountains as well.
Each side can carry 3 = almost 200 rockets.
iraq-59.jpg

Our Mi-17's are only used for transport mission, the CAS missions are done by our Hinds and soon also by our A-29's.
I don't know, but neither our government or the US is interested in arming our Mi-17's, although some armed version has been seen, but never used.

Our Mi-17's are only used for transport mission, the CAS missions are done by our Hinds and soon also by our A-29's.
I don't know, but neither our government or the US is interested in arming our Mi-17's, although some armed version has been seen, but never used.

But MI 35 numbers are limited.

This is a very cheap solution for firepower, they probably don’t want to give them the firepower as long as US forces are there, they don’t trust others that often, might result in friendly fire

This is a very cheap solution for firepower, they probably don’t want to give them the firepower as long as US forces are there, they don’t trust others that often, might result in friendly fire
trust is not problem, because our Mi-35's are heavily armed with various upgraded lethal systems.

I don't think there is such a severe lack of CAS that transport helis have to be converted to gunships. Armed Mi-17s are not a great choice. They are slow, bulky and vulnerable to ground fire. I think the Afghan MOD are betting on getting dedicated platforms since the US is paying for it.
On a side-note, there should be more cooperation between the military of Afghanistan and Iraq. Sharing knowledge on counter-IED, Intelligence and counter-terror tactics could be very fruitifull. Both countries are facing terrorists which uses similar techniques to attack our forces.

Back
Top Bottom