What's new

Ankara to help Islamabad in rapid development

Dance

Reaction score
The Greater Municipality of Ankara, the sister city of Islamabad, would extend its full cooperation to the Federal Capital of Pakistan, Islamabad, in the areas of rapid mass transit, solid waste management and development of ‘Ankara Park’ here.

This was decided in a meeting of Prime Minister’s Task Force on Islamabad Chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt and Mayor of Ankara Melih Gokcek held in Ankara, says message received here on Friday.

The two sides agreed to develop further cooperation on the issues of common interest including provision of decent public transport facilities, upgradation of the civic services and improvement of the cultural and recreational facilities in line with needs of the modern metropolitans around the world. The chairman PM Task Force on Islamabad invited Mayor of Ankara Melih Gokcek to Islamabad during which formal agreements to this effects are likely to be signed.

During the meeting the Mayor of Ankara said that it is indeed appropriate that our capital cities, Islamabad and Ankara, have already embarked on a long-term partnership to link municipalities, city governments, business and cultural communities and citizens.

“I believe that this Sister City relationship between Islamabad and Ankara will foster strong bonds across culture, politics and business. It is a relationship between cities, but more importantly, a relationship between the people of these cities,” said Melih Gokcek.

Gokcek said that he is happy to see that finally Islamabad is being represented by the resident of the city and assured that the Ankara Municipality would assist in running the decent transport facility to redesign and construct a modern park at the site as a gift to the people of Islamabad. He also offered architectural and technical assistance to the Capital Development Authority (CDA) to redesign and develop other parks and playgrounds in the capital city.

He said the exchange of technical experts and social and cultural delegations would cement the brotherly ties between the two countries.

Speaking on this occasion Prime Minister Task Force on Islamabad Chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt said that Pakistan highly values its relations with Turkey which are rooted in history and common culture. We consider ourselves as the same nation living in two different geographical regions. He said that primary purpose of my visit is to observe and admire Turkey’s glorious past, learn from its dynamic present and visualize its unlimited future. Its people are no longer satisfied with being merely rich and prosperous, but envision for their country a role and a mission in the region and far beyond. Consequently, Turkey is not only the envy of many of its neighbours, but has also become a beacon of hope and inspiration to many countries, particularly in the Islamic world.

He said that the concept of interactions between city managers across the globe has proved to be a wonderful idea to learn from each others’ success and failures beyond the diplomatic barriers. He said that he in the capacity of Chairman Prime Minister’s Task Force on Islamabad, carries the responsibility to make the federal capital a model city in every perspective and have embarked upon a gigantic programme to make Islamabad a model metropolis. Besides encouragement and support from my government, this visionary programme derives the basic impetus from indigenous resources through the citizens of Islamabad.

Butt also sought technical assistance from Turkey for improving the landscape of the metropolitan, building a slaughter hose in the federal capital, redesigning the parks and improvement of the civic services.

Islamabad and Ankara are sister cities since 1982. Old Rawal Park, situated on the main club road of Islamabad with an area of 33 acres of land, was named ‘Ankara Park’ in 2005 as a symbol of brotherhood between Pakistan and Turkey

Ankara to help Islamabad in rapid

turkey is already helping Lahore and i must say, they have done an amazing job, cant wait to see Islamabad growing rapidly

nice move i hope in the near future it might get some high speed trains like the ones in japan :D

If you watch episodes of خواطر 7 (khwatir 7) a saudi social programme which has many episodes filmed in Turkey you will see how Turkish municipalities have changed their cities over a decade.

its cool idea,we should make a joint fund with turks and emiratiens(as they also decorated there cities trumendiosly) to just over look the development preogress.

difference is however that tax collection base in Turkiye is outstanding whereas we have too many tax-evaders in our country -- particularly the wealthy!

on municipal affairs, Turkiye has done well.....even busy areas of Istanbul are always clean because the trash collectors come every 30-45 minutes to clean up the main streets

increased cooperation with Turkiye should be a priority

difference is however that tax collection base in Turkiye is outstanding whereas we have too many tax-evaders in our country -- particularly the wealthy!

on municipal affairs, Turkiye has done well.....even busy areas of Istanbul are always clean because the trash collectors come every 30-45 minutes to clean up the main streets

increased cooperation with Turkiye should be a priority

Correct

Pakistan will not move forward if we don't have robust Tax collecting System .

Turkish Construction firms are one of the world's best ones. They can do a miracle in Pakistan.

Istanbul is one of the world's most historical cities and has a rich architecture from the past. Ankara, however, began to metropolise with Republic Era. I think your example will be Ankara, not Istanbul.

Ankara-1915s it was like a village
TA%C5%9EHAN.JPG

Atatürk's Ankara
Eski-ankara-ataturk-bulvari.jpg

Pakistan should reduce Prices by 15% on all commodities and then raise 15% tax on it so prices stay same

So people will not hold rallies -

An initial loss of 4-7 billion will have to be taken by Taxation reform , and then Pakistan would generate regular income of 10-40 billion per year from taxation

Simply putting 15% hike on existing prices will break economy's backbone

The process has to be a slow process with reduction of prices / and addition of taxation simultaneously

I think there are opportunities in Karachi for better apartment blocks which are good in quality and are cheap in cost. I am sure that these countries do some projects in Pakistan that are long lasting like 40-50 years and are cheaper against their quality and living and Super high way is a nice place to do such projects and I think the GoP should open a small Industrial unit there which will be helpful for the resident to gain jobs.

Back
Top Bottom