What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

a8GDyfv.jpg

Guys.. Rumor-mill is churning again.. :) Apparently, Altay will have MMW radar used in FCS. The idea is that when multi-spectral smoke is used or when weather conditions arise that make E/O kaput, MMW radar can be used to identify targets and engage without need of E/O and laser range finding etc.. for firing solution :)

Apparently, that's the reason for the cut out on the left frontal armor :angel:
BrczeCs.jpg

a8GDyfv.jpg

Guys.. Rumor-mill is churning again.. :) Apparently, Altay will have MMW radar used in FCS. The idea is that when multi-spectral smoke is used or when weather conditions arise that make E/O kaput, MMW radar can be used to identify targets and engage without need of E/O and laser range finding etc.. for firing solution :)

BrczeCs.jpg

MMW radar
C band Akkor radar
IR trackers
360 degree situation awareness
LWR
IFF

Each corner of this tank will be covered with radars and sensors bro.. :D

a8GDyfv.jpg

BrczeCs.jpg

Dude do you mean here ?..

1.jpg
ALTAY (10).jpg

Oh Dude ...the hinges are so fvk primitive Quality :mad:

KOC Quality as always. Chinese hinges from Persembe Pazari

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
But here we see it's AKKOR's place... I'm sure i got something wrong...

View attachment 237594

BTW i searched for AKKOR and here are the results... :partay:

AKKOR - Google'da Ara

Why can't they use the same radars for fire control? Even though the specs say ">500m" range, maybe the range is really 3-5km. The Akkor radars aren't much smaller than Aselsan's border control radars, which have 50km+ range.

@xxxKULxxx
Bro, in the magazine you scanned. It said the 360 degree cameras on the turret was developed by Otokar, is there a possibility that this camera system might be removed for serial production variants?

360 degree cameras are almost standart on new Generation civil cars.

Die 360-Grad-Kamera in der Praxis | Mercedes-Benz Passion Blog

Yes but, as otokar doesn't have ability to produce sensors (they are integrator). wouldn't it be better for aselsan to produce the system and integrate it with laser warning and akkor .. They already produce front and rear cameras..

I think Otokar went on a tangent and just included it in the design.. IMO, Otokar should stick with the hull, Roketsan and Aselsan should work on the turret and sensors on it..

Yes bro. But should we overload ASELSAN with technologies that are off the shelf available and no restricted?

Back
Top Bottom