What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Yes bro. But should we overload ASELSAN with technologies that are off the shelf available and no restricted?

Aslesan has already developed solution for outposts which have 360 degree camera systems, they could further develop it for Altay and use existing cameras that are on Altay such as the front and rear cameras.

you know like this :)
Electro Optic Systems | Capabilities | ASELSAN

Thank you much bro. I wanted to say that they should work economical with their capacity.

Last edited:
06lVNnF.jpg

I am being told that Turkey has helped us in developing our new Tank AL KHALID II. Some say it looks like Altay and others suggest it has similar looks like German Leopard .

I am being told that Turkey has helped us in developing our new Tank AL KHALID II. Some say it looks like Altay and others suggest it has similar looks like German Leopard .
'
The Al-Khalid II is not even developed yet and probably wont be considering that the T-84 will be the new work horse of the pakistani metal front. Although its always safe to assume that Pakistan possibly received help from Turkish defence firms.

Hi brothers first post here. Have been searching for a decent forum with a mature Turkish community for quite some time. I'm glad I found this forum.

Just to clarify on some quick things I have been reading in this thread.

First off a couple of members stated their disappointment at the lack of sloped armor. This is irrelevant. Modern advanced composite armors are infact more effective if the projectile hits them straight on rather than at an angle.

Also it has been quoted all over the media that the trophy is the first combat proven aps. Also incorrect. The Russian Drozd aps was developed over 40 years ago and was fielded successfully during the soviet invasion of Afghanistan. it was so effective that the US and Israel had an entire intelligence operation to find a defector who would sell the drozd systems specs. The Russians also sold the export version of the arena to south Korea so they could develop their own aps. The Russian Afganit can also engage ke penetrators. If anyone here wants to learn about the most advanced aps systems to compare akkor to , they need to research Russian systems.

Hi brothers first post here. Have been searching for a decent forum with a mature Turkish community for quite some time. I'm glad I found this forum.

First off a couple of members stated their disappointment at the lack of sloped armor. This is irrelevant. Modern advanced composite armors are infact more effective if the projectile hits them straight on rather than at an angle.

Also it has been quoted all over the media that the trophy is the first combat proven aps. Also incorrect. The Russian Drozd aps was developed over 40 years ago and was fielded successfully during the soviet invasion of Afghanistan. it was so effective that the US and Israel had an entire intelligence operation to find a defector who would sell the drozd systems specs. The Russians also sold the export version of the arena to south Korea so they could develop their own aps. The Russian Afganit can also engage ke penetrators. If anyone here wants to learn about the most advanced aps systems to compare akkor to , they need to research Russian systems.

Welcome to the forum bro, glad to have you here.

welcome to forum ...

now that Russian APS sys discussion would be off topic here, so would request you to open a thread in World Military Forum section (Link:Pakistan Defence Forum) ... it would be interesting to learn about that system

regards,

welcome to forum ...

now that Russian APS sys discussion would be off topic here, so would request you to open a thread in World Military Forum section (Link:Pakistan Defence Forum) ... it would be interesting to learn about that system

regards,

Thanks !

The reason I recommend comparing Akkor to the Russian Afganit system is because the two systems have many things in common.
Smart projectiles. Same type aps radars and large caliber projectiles.

Back
Top Bottom