What's new

Airlines food experiences.

denel

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Let us get this thread going.

My likes have been as follows based on travels in descending order. Worst has been US and EU carriers.

1. Turkish
2. Emirates
3. Gulf
4. SAA
5. Ethiopian
6. Air Botswana
6. Oman
7. KLM
8. Kenyan
9. Lufthansa
10. BA
11. SAS
12. Air Canada/Westjet
13. American/Delta/United

Mine are
  1. Qatar
  2. PIA
  3. Turkish
  4. Emirates
  5. British Airways
  6. S/pore
  7. Qantas
I have not travelled much with PIA but whenever I travelled, the food was really good. I have travelled more with Emirates, Qantas, Qatar, Turkish and British airways and I find Qatar's food the best ...however one difference that with PIA I used to travel in the economy class mostly because I was a student then. While with others I mostly travel business class so the menu and amounts are quite different.

My likes have been as follows based on travels in descending order. Worst has been US and EU carriers.

1. Turkish
2. Emirates
3. Gulf
4. SAA
5. Ethiopian
6. Air Botswana
6. Oman
7. KLM
8. Kenyan
9. Lufthansa
10. BA
11. SAS
12. Air Canada/Westjet

Qatar Q suite and Etihad First class is just class apart.

btw - for SAA all meat is halal. edit: Air Botswana is completely halal - if you travel dont forget to try their biltong snacks from BMC. Amazing

I Have Great Memories Of Air Line Food.It Never Mattered How It Tasted The Slick Compact Way It Was Packed and Presented Always Appealed To My Aesthetic Sense

1. Turkish
2. Emirates
3. Gulf
4. SAA
5. Ethiopian
6. Air Botswana
6. Oman
7. KLM
8. Kenyan
9. Lufthansa
10. BA
11. SAS
12. Air Canada/Westjet

Turkish, Emirates and Gulf are spot on. BA is horrible. I haven't travelled with the rest.
Oh and you missed Singapore, their food is fantastic!

Turkish, Emirates and Gulf are spot on. BA is horrible. I haven't travelled with the rest.
Oh and you missed Singapore, their food is fantastic!
Yes. 100%; i never had chance to travel that side so Cathay/Singapore/Malaysian remain an enigma for me.

Gulf airlines like Qatar have amazing food, but the portions are small.

Air Canada food makes me want to :bad:
Just smelling it destroys my apatite.

Mine are
  1. Qatar
  2. PIA
  3. Turkish
  4. Emirates
  5. British Airways
  6. S/pore
  7. Qantas
I have not travelled much with PIA but whenever I travelled, the food was really good. I have travelled more with Emirates, Qantas, Qatar, Turkish and British airways and I find Qatar's food the best ...however one difference that with PIA I used to travel in the economy class mostly because I was a student then. While with others I mostly travel business class so the menu and amounts are quite different.
Mine
PIA
TURKISH
KLM
SWISS AIR
QATAR
EMIRATES
KUWAIT
GULF AIR
SAUDIA
AIR FRANCE
BRITISH AIRWAYS
LUFTHANSA
AND SOME MORE

Emirates
PiA
Norwegian
Rynair
KLM
Gone try Air Lingus tomorrow ;) going to dublin
Air Lingus is good been a while

To be honest with you, I don't like plane food. Just for the sake of argument, my food experience is as follows

1) Emirates
2) PIA (used to be good now very bad)
3) British Airways
4) Qatar
5) Gulf
6) Turkish
7) Saudi
8) Lufthansa
Etc

Hit and miss with everyone. Consistency wise (and always above average), I'd put Emirates, Singapore and Cathay (no particular order).

Best ever was ANA and EVA air, but I only flew each a few times....so not fully tested.

Of European ones, I quite like Lufthansa, Turkish and KLM...but most of them in the region are ok (unlike north america).

Turkish air is probably best bang for your buck with good product/service (incl food and lounge) to cost.

Back
Top Bottom