What's new

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman Flying in The F-16 Block 52+ On Pakistan Day Parade.

I don't find it a big deal. If I were to make the decision I wouldn't have let the highest ranking air force officer fly alone either. The back seat does point towards the ACM being just a passenger but then the manoeuvre itself wasn't a walk in the park to take upon one's body, let alone a senior one such as the ACM's.

Like Windjammer said, the previous ACM's have flown in 2-seaters as well. Although, at least ACM Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed and ACM Rao Qamar Suleman used to fly in the forward seats.

1:06 onwards:

@ 0:22:

NO it is big deal for me so I HAD to check it since you aroused my curiosity

@krash @Irfan Baloch @engineer saad @Windjammer
The guy who made this video, see what he has written as caption:

The 75th Pakistan Day Parade was a Historic first in many ways, it was the first parade in which F16 D Block 52+ adorned the sky. The first parade in which the current PAF Chief led the fly past. And more important than all, the first parade which was telecasted from the ground as well as from the sky.
The skills and stamina shown by ACM Sohail Aman in navigating 8+ Gs forces while taking the aircraft through a vertical climb with Aileron rolls shows the high level of training and battle fitness amongst the top echelon of PAF Officers.
SLEEP TIGHT, Pakistan Air Force is AWAKE.
PAF Air Force Zindabad.
Pakistan Hamesha Paindabad.

1. Was PAF chief in a CFT F-16?
2. Did the flight past F-16 have a dorsal spine?
3. Do all 2 seater F-16s have a spine?
4. Are all F-16s with spine, 2 seaters?
5. Does PAF have F-16 with CFT?
6. Does PAF have single seater F-16 with CFT?
7. Does PAF have two seater F-16 with CFT?
8. Does PAF have F-16 with Dorsal spine?
9. Does PAF have two seater Dorsal spine F-16s?
10. Are all F-16s with CFT 2 seaters?
11. Does PAF have 2 seat without Dosal spine?
12. Does PAF have 2 seater without CFT?
13. Are all F-16s with dorsal spine ONLY 2 seaters?
14. Was PAF chief in the back seat/ No seat behind him?

A1 = Yes
A2 =yes
A3= No
A4 =yes
Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon - Scramble
A5= yes
A6= yes
A7=yes
A8=yes
A9=yes
A10= No
A11= yes
A12=yes
A13= Yes
A14=yes

upload_2015-3-25_17-21-4.png

Conclusion: PAF chief was in a 2 seater F-16 with CFT and dorsal spine that houses special electronics for roles like Wild Weasel & He was in the back seat.#

reason to perform this analysis was to clarify whether he was in a single or 2 seater aircraft and the presence of the spine and CFT narrowed it down to only one variant which is a 2 sear version of 50 and 52 blocks.
performing number of Gs during the entire flight was itself impressive at his age so flying the F-16 wont have been a big deal.

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-25_17-20-29.png
    upload_2015-3-25_17-20-29.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
@krash @Irfan Baloch @engineer saad @Windjammer
The guy who made this video, see what he has written as caption:

The 75th Pakistan Day Parade was a Historic first in many ways, it was the first parade in which F16 D Block 52+ adorned the sky. The first parade in which the current PAF Chief led the fly past. And more important than all, the first parade which was telecasted from the ground as well as from the sky.
The skills and stamina shown by ACM Sohail Aman in navigating 8+ Gs forces while taking the aircraft through a vertical climb with Aileron rolls shows the high level of training and battle fitness amongst the top echelon of PAF Officers.
SLEEP TIGHT, Pakistan Air Force is AWAKE.
PAF Air Force Zindabad.
Pakistan Hamesha Paindabad.
Some obvious certain discrepancies are apparent in the above text, Pakistan has been independent for 67 years so how could it be 75th parade, specially since there's been a gap of many years, secondly every fly past is led by the serving Air chief so how could this be the first.
True it's the first parade in which the new F-16 Block-52 participated and note the author discloses that it was an F-16 D version. And true as i said in my post >45, that the Air chief is a fully qualified fighter pilot as he easily withstood the high g-forces during the vertical rolls. In any case, the Air chief looks the thinking type of man....ideal for PAF.

Some obvious certain discrepancies are apparent in the above text, Pakistan has been independent for 67 years so how could it be 75th parade, specially since there's been a gap of many years, secondly every fly past is led by the serving Air chief so how could this be the first.
True it's the first parade in which the new F-16 Block-52 participated and note the author discloses that it was an F-16 D version. And true as i said in my post >45, that the Air chief is a fully qualified fighter pilot as he easily withstood the high g-forces during the vertical rolls. In any case, the Air chief looks the thinking type of man....ideal for PAF.
Hommmm .....!

A1 = Yes
A2 =yes
A3= No
A4 =yes
A5= yes
A6= yes
A7=yes
A8=yes
A9=yes
A10= No
A11= yes
A12=yes
A13= Yes
A14=yes

View attachment 207478

Conclusion: PAF chief was in a 2 seater F-16 with CFT and dorsal spine that houses special electronics for roles like Wild Weasel & He was in the back seat.#

reason to perform this analysis was to clarify whether he was in a single or 2 seater aircraft and the presence of the spine and CFT narrowed it down to only one variant which is a 2 sear version of 50 and 52 blocks.
performing number of Gs during the entire flight was itself impressive at his age so flying the F-16 wont have been a big deal.

See the clip where he is footing out of the canopy and you know it that he was a Wizzo that day ....anyways ...no big deal !

A1 = Yes
A2 =yes
A3= No
A4 =yes
A5= yes
A6= yes
A7=yes
A8=yes
A9=yes
A10= No
A11= yes
A12=yes
A13= Yes
A14=yes

View attachment 207478

I agree with you the chief did not fly alone .My father is a retired wing commander from the air defense branch of PAF and he once told me that on such occasions the chief never fly alone because of the following reasons:
1)At such age and after leaving the flying for years he lacks practice hence it,s risky to fly solo.Flying needs practice.
2)Under no circumstances the PAF can afford to lose such a senior commanding officer.

Even Alan Warnes is tweeting about the Air chief's video.

Alan Warnes‏@warnesyworld
Amazing video of the new PAF CAS flying in the March 23 display. Video down linked through data link! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=766255690138270…

One of the comments.

Tim Robinson ‏@RAeSTimR Mar 27
@warnesyworld Not sure about the backing music - but that's definitely leading from the front!

Alan Warnes‏@warnesyworld
Now there is this, the PAF Sherdils aerobatic team. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=767702386660267…

Good media stunt by PAF (a long awaited one!)
Regarding CAS F16 flying as GIBS in a "4-star" marked F16 - No big deal in that, its business as usual :)

there is one other Selfie from sherdil squad can't find it. its also awesome .

Back
Top Bottom