What's new

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman Flying in The F-16 Block 52+ On Pakistan Day Parade.

Px23-091~0.jpg
It was C or D, single or twin seater?

To reduce this constraint pilot can just role the plane on its back or sideways to have a clear view of the supposed blind spot.

The air chief usually leads the fly past. And does so while riding the most technologically advances platform. I remember air chiefs leading the fly past on falcon A/Bs.However, this was the first time they had a camera installed in the cockpit. So ACM flew a block 52, while the plane in air demonstration looked like a Block 15.

It looks like a single seated aka C variant because during the flight you can clearly see the reflection of joint of the canopy and the hud in ACM's visor which isnt the case in two seater because in this case this joint shouldn't reflect.

Its a F-16D, you can see the spine which only the D version has when the jet was taking off, as for the reflection on his visor, rear seat guy has a screen in front of him replicating the HUD plus you can see the reflection of the round canopy frame. Also generally the front guy on the F-16 Block-52 wears a JHMCs helmet.
f-16_fighting_falcon_pakistan_air_force_no_5_sqn_021.jpg

F-16_bk52_claw.jpg

file.php

what is CFT,s ?
Conformal Fuel Tanks

It was great to watch our air chief flying our deadliest bird but would have been even better if it was JF-17.
But anyways it was great and gave the parade, the much needed touch.

It looks like a single seated aka C variant because during the flight you can clearly see the reflection of joint of the canopy and the hud in ACM's visor which isnt the case in two seater because in this case this joint shouldn't reflect.

The joint in the canopy is only present in the two-seater i.e. the D version.

It was C or D, single or twin seater?

read the title it is block 52 and if you saw the video it is single seater

It's clearly a two-seater. You can clearly see the spine and the reflection of the canopy joint in his visor, which are both only present in the D (2 seat) version, in a few of the shots. You can also see the go-pro's reflection in his visor.

Canopy joint:
3_zpstfgim8xv.png

6_zpsc3iwhmtb.png

The spine:

7_zps4bhqzt7x.png

4_zpsyfyhuvvg.png

2_zpsgvtcwwqf.png

The rear seat panel:

Untitled_zpsgb43j3sp.png

Below is an example of what the back seat panel looks like compared to the front seat:

277102.jpg

Yes but still you need some sort of satellite internet connection to pass on the video there is no way that can be done using PTCL EVO :)
By the way i am happy to see our parade filming techniques are getting better.Last time i remember there was no such things .

You can send live broadcasts from the go-pro to the station van the same way a normal camera does while reporting. The go-pro is high-tech equipment.

Last edited:

It's clearly a two-seater. You can clearly see the spine and the reflection of the canopy joint in his visor, which are both only present in the D (2 seat version) in a few of the shots. You can also see the go-pro's reflection in his visor.

Canopy joint:
3_zpstfgim8xv.png

6_zpsc3iwhmtb.png

The spine:

7_zps4bhqzt7x.png

4_zpsyfyhuvvg.png

2_zpsgvtcwwqf.png

The rear seat panel:

Untitled_zpsgb43j3sp.png

Below is an example of how the back seat panel looks like compared to the front seat:

277102.jpg

You can send live broadcasts from the go-pro to the station van the same way a normal camera does while reporting. The go-pro is high-tech equipment.
Question arises,
Who was co pilot?

read the title it is block 52 and if you saw the video it is single seater
Bro please check post #32,

It's clearly a two-seater. You can clearly see the spine and the reflection of the canopy joint in his visor, which are both only present in the D (2 seat) version, in a few of the shots. You can also see the go-pro's reflection in his visor.

Canopy joint:
3_zpstfgim8xv.png

6_zpsc3iwhmtb.png

The spine:

7_zps4bhqzt7x.png

4_zpsyfyhuvvg.png

2_zpsgvtcwwqf.png

The rear seat panel:

Untitled_zpsgb43j3sp.png

Below is an example of what the back seat panel looks like compared to the front seat:

277102.jpg

there are some inconsistencies but you put a strong case that PAF chief was in fact a passenger not the pilot.

@Irfan Baloch.
Albeit the Air chief was flying in a Block-52 ''D'' model, previous commanders have done the same, however it's also apparent that the aircraft wasn't operating out of Shahbaz airbase.

now this one moment catch my attention :)

very nice Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman :pakistan:

Attachments

• 1233.png
    1233.png
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 40
We should remember that the Air chief assumed command of the PAF just a few days earlier before that he was serving as DCAS (Ops). Albeit, he's qualified fighter pilot which he proved by going through those high-g vertical rolls. Either way, he was up there in the front rather than standing at the dais.

Back
Top Bottom