What's new

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman Flying in The F-16 Block 52+ On Pakistan Day Parade.

They wouldn't want people needing lens for correct vision at the initial stage, because there are more people applying than they need. So they simply have a choice going with those who don't need corrective glasses. But obviously over time, one may need glasses, but by that time you are already well into your career.
true

GoPro connected it to internet and streamed it i guess?
Yes but still you need some sort of satellite internet connection to pass on the video there is no way that can be done using PTCL EVO :)
By the way i am happy to see our parade filming techniques are getting better.Last time i remember there was no such things .

It was a F-16D, so a two seater. Guy in front seat has view unaffected by the CFTs
Really that was a 2 seater jet and what is CFT,s ?

What are people so amazed about? He is Chief of Air Staff flying in a fighter plane - as normal as it gets.

CFTs reduce visibility on the sides and underneath but I think they are worth this "cost".
To reduce this constraint pilot can just role the plane on its back or sideways to have a clear view of the supposed blind spot.

What are people so amazed about? He is Chief of Air Staff flying in a fighter plane - as normal as it gets.
The air chief usually leads the fly past. And does so while riding the most technologically advances platform. I remember air chiefs leading the fly past on falcon A/Bs.However, this was the first time they had a camera installed in the cockpit. So ACM flew a block 52, while the plane in air demonstration looked like a Block 15.

It was a F-16D, so a two seater. Guy in front seat has view unaffected by the CFTs
It looks like a single seated aka C variant because during the flight you can clearly see the reflection of joint of the canopy and the hud in ACM's visor which isnt the case in two seater because in this case this joint shouldn't reflect.

And f16 still remain pride of paf.

No matter how much you people love jf17 and j10. F16 is still the best fighter jet in our region. It's had to catch for any Russian Chinese or French product.

Btw amazing video loved the view from cockpit.

To reduce this constraint pilot can just role the plane on its back or sideways to have a clear view of the supposed blind spot.

The air chief usually leads the fly past. And does so while riding the most technologically advances platform. I remember air chiefs leading the fly past on falcon A/Bs.However, this was the first time they had a camera installed in the cockpit. So ACM flew a block 52, while the plane in air demonstration looked like a Block 15.

It looks like a single seated aka C variant because during the flight you can clearly see the reflection of joint of the canopy and the hud in ACM's visor which isnt the case in two seater because in this case this joint shouldn't reflect.

It looks like a two-seater (F-16D) in the video to me. From what I know, the CFTs wouldn't be blocking the view from the cockpit if it was a single-seater (F-16C).

Here's a close-up of the F-16D: tinyurl com/lld93ul

And here's the F-16C: tinyurl com/lb2sh7w

NOTE: Sorry it's my first post here and I am unable to post links so you'll have to add a period before "com" in them.

To me it definitely looks like an F-16D in the video. It would be great if someone could clarify this. And if it actually is the F-16D in the video then who was flying it?

To me it definitely looks like an F-16D in the video. It would be great if someone could clarify this. And if it actually is the F-16D in the video then who was flying it?
You mean the chief was not alone in the cockpit? Well i also heard from someone that the senior person like COAS don,t fly alone on such occasions.

Back
Top Bottom