What's new

Afzal Guru hailed a hero amid "Pakistan Zindabad" slogans & Calls for Azadi at Delhi's JNU

V day is for lovers - - not for married budda's like me

Ah! the times when V day used to stand for Victory day.

How can you be married and a Buddha? Wasn't Buddha celibate?

Well to be honest - In US the freedom of speech has little to no boundaries and so Hailing Osama or Hitler would at worst invoke disgust but you won't see FBI shoving warrants up their throats.

But yeah there are red lines which shouldn't be crossed - opinions and sloganeering is harmless but if there is material evidence to prove these students are actively colluding with terrorists then they should be taken to task.

It does well to remind oneself that our civil liberties are sacrosanct and the test of their endurance is if we can guarantee these same liberties to the people whom we dislike the most and who form the part of anti establishment camp.

FYI UCLA does have elements who would hail the Jihadists as martyrs against American Greed and Imperialism. On the other hand Neo Nazis sporting Nazi insignia are a thriving community down south.

the only difference being there aren't activeterror outfits on the borders of USA operating with active support from a neighboring country. Whereas we have an active insurgency with state sponsored terrorism from a neighboring state which has claimed more than 47000 civilian lives. What these students are doing is trying to charge up the environment in a university to cause a security flare-up, inciting violence and seditious in nature.

I wouod humbly disagree, Sister.

In a democracy with rights comes duties as well and these people are clearly violating the duties given to them so how come they are entitled for any rights ??

These people are like harmful microbes. We know we can not eliminate them completely but atleast we can remove their favourable enviŕonment where they wont be able to breed and multiply.

There is no maturity in allowing these filthy microbes to grow. They will end up harming our system.
Its like teenagers rebelling against their own parents. When I was a student such people still existed who saw everything bad in their own country but when I meet them now, some of them holding high positions in govt., their embarrassment is reflected in their grin. The same is being repeated after so many years. This is a passing phase. I think its healthy as long as they dont fall in hands of wrong people. Radical elements dont thrive on their own but they take refuge in mainstream politics like SIMI people used leftists or rather leftists allowed themselves to be used by them. We need guard aginst such things and not against dissenting voices.

the only difference being there aren't activeterror outfits on the borders of USA operating with active support from a neighboring country. Whereas we have an active insurgency with state sponsored terrorism from a neighboring state which has claimed more than 47000 civilian lives. What these students are doing is trying to charge up the environment in a university to cause a security flare-up, inciting violence and seditious in nature.

Point taken. I had failed to realize that India is in kind of perpetual war with Pakistan.

Didn't know situation was so dire though and when I visited India/Pakistan the situation was vastly different b/w the two. Some places in Pakistan looked like a war zone with Military grade security but in India I hardly came across such a scenario. Infact I would say US has lot more scary cops patrolling on the street than India.

Who is Afzal Guru? I get the general gist that he was a terrorist but all this attention is only likely to make him a martyr and a polestar for some anti-establishment peeps. In US we have some rednecks too who still root for Timothy McVeigh but at large the Govt ignores them and they fade away into irrelevance.

Your Govt is only adding fuel to the fire by suppressing these dissidents and thus adding legitimacy to their cause.

Mate who supports Texan autonomy exactly? Mexico? ...... there is a difference when you give this analogy .. we have active funding from our "M" world ..... same as against you. Only you don't have the worlds second largest Muslim population yet, but seeing how you guys are suckers for humanitarian disasters, and amount of Muslims you are taking in as refugees, you will soon be in the same boat. Europe was the highlights, the whole drama is yet to unfold ... see what the Muslim immigration does to you now. The Neanderthal thinking which is perpetuated and enforced will send you back a couple of decades too. We are facing this but know how to manage it, you will loose it to political correctness, just like the affirmative action did you in on racial matters

3rd and 4th generation of Kashmiris hate india more then their forefathers ..

Really?

You maybe right, but they fear us all the more '

Our dictum is "Catch them by the B@lls; hearts and minds will follow"

He is doing what he s supposed to do. @MaarKhoor is absolutely right at highlighting what our subsidised JNU students are doing. He is just driving there point home... That is what is expected... But right now, there is barely any difference between what he is saying and what congress and the left is implying....

Its up to us to see how low the opposition has sunk....

Nothing will change ,Sir.

While we will waste our time and energy discussing whats democratic and what is not these people will continue thriving on our resources in our country with politcal backup from our politicians.

and

When wasnt Congress that low ? How do you think people like Ishrat Jahan or Yaqoob memon have support in our society ?

Why we are not grilling Ishrat ke Papa now for his political dramebazi or why are people who filed mercy petition for yaqoob memon are still roaming free ?

Theres a long list of what is supposed to be done and what is happening now on the name of mature society :)

Mate who supports Texan autonomy exactly? Mexico? ...... there is a difference when you give this analogy .. we have active funding from our "M" world ..... same as against you. Only you don't have the worlds second largest Muslim population yet, but seeing how you guys are suckers for humanitarian disasters, and amount of Muslims you are taking in as refugees, you will soon be in the same boat. Europe was the highlights, the whole drama is yet to unfold ... see what the Muslim immigration does to you now. The Neanderthal thinking which is perpetuated and enforced will send you back a couple of decades too. We are facing this but know how to manage it, you will loose it to political correctness, just like the affirmative action did you in on racial matters

"

I am unable to comprehend the rest of your post and its relevance.

However regarding the Texas analogy - you ever been to Texas? Lol we have always had people who would like nothing better than to secede from the US and form the Great State of Texas. For Texans,Texas come before US. So wrong analogy. If it were NY or Philly the analogy would have been better

Sure, so if we want to be that mature and allow anti national rhetoric that tax payers need to subsidize, then why just stop there with Kashmiri Jihadist sympathizers , lets allow, Hamas, hezbollah, AQ, Isis, LTTE, lets welcome all of them in JNU and let the freedom of speech and dissent thrive.

A right wing organisation like Shiv Sena is terrible when it comes to there myopic views but with their overdose of hyper nationalism I challenge these student organisations - If there convictions are so strong dare do this in Mumbai.. and see what happens....
Having a healthy debate is a sign of maturity and progressive mind. I wont mind any organization debating on their ideology in India provided they do not support terror. I wont mind anyone dissenting in a democratic way. I will be a misfit in a situation where debate is discouraged and radicalization is hailed.

Dear Sir i acknowledge your supreme command over politics and Indian issues, i just commented with my very shallow knowledge. As per my opinion India is on fast track to become radical Hindu dominant country with huge population belongs to minority religion, you people have to bear this type of reaction or stop it by force. In case of force result will be quite devastating for the union of India.

Regards,

Hope does not come to that as you say.

For you to go through

This is something that is now prevalent the world over. You think anyone will even care?

Hope does not come to that as you say.

For you to go through

This is something that is now prevalent the world over. You think anyone will even care?
I can't watch the video, explain it..what you want to say.

I wouod humbly disagree, Sister.

In a democracy with rights comes duties as well and these people are clearly violating the duties given to them so how come they are entitled for any rights ??

These people are like harmful microbes. We know we can not eliminate them completely but atleast we can remove their favourable enviŕonment where they wont be able to breed and multiply.

There is no maturity in allowing these filthy microbes to grow. They will end up harming our system.

And she said the same

Back
Top Bottom