What's new

After Failing to Provide Karachiites with a Public Transport System PPP Government Deprives them of Their Two Wheelers too

Han to bai provincial government se maanho na. The ones holding you back and doing all the crazy things. Mayor MQM ka hai aur CM PPP. Lekin why in other threads and pages of this thread somehow you end up blaming the Sons of Soil, Punjabis, Waziristanis, Establishment/Army and the Central Government??

Define good infrastructure. Like what do you mean by it??

Wrt to healthcare I believe PPP is holding back universal healthcare from Sindh/Karachi citing 18th amendment/states rights in American law(it was a big headache for America too to deliberate between states rights and federal control)

Kaun sa MQM ka mayor?

Pichlai saal August sai Karachi ka koi mayor nahi. Pehlai information to poori rakho phir baat karna

As for establishment we are rightly blaming it since it is completely involved in Pakistan's politics. To jab involve ho to Karachi ki situation ka blame bhi lo

Federal government ko is liye blame kar rahai hain kiyun k us nai vote liye hain Karachi sai Karachi k issues par

Baqi yeh son of soil wala drama to merai samain karo nahi. All those who have Pakistan's nationality and call themselves Pakistani are sons of soil

And i never blamed Punjabis for bad situation of Karachi. Agar kia hai to dikha do

Yeah i blamed Waziristanis for supporting terrorism inside Pakistan but never for poor condition of Karachi. Woh to woh racist moderator waziristani ko beech main la raha hai to cover his racism

To pehlai poori situation samjho phir baat karna

What a beautiful post. I just saw it. What part of Punjab if I may ask?

Sound arguments. But I think what budget other provinces get are based off of their own tax revenue. When you look at it from establishment's point of view. Gawadar does make sense as it may provide a strategic alternative to all the political mess that has built up in Karachi over the years. It would be interesting to see how the two cities compete when Gawadar is up and running.

I also feel that Pakistan needs to make new cities in Balochistan, Sindh and Punjab to relieve all the pressure and over saturation Karachi, Quetta, Lahore, Faisalabad and Islamabad are facing.
I'm from Jhang.

Even if Sindh does get a fair budget based on what they contribute to Pakistan's economy through Karachi, then the trouble perhaps exists at the provincial level where the division of financial resources is not being done fairly and more is being spent unfairly by MPAs on their areas.
Gwadar makes sense but it has a lot of its own problems. I hardly see it succeeding anytime soon. I personally believe China is losing interest but I don't want to talk about that as it doesn't give justice to the topic at hand.

New cities should be built indeed, but far more cheaper and better is to improve the conditions of existing cities and thus improving their efficiency. But yes urbanization trends are making it clear that cities will be overwelhmed at some point. Ravi Riverfront is a good project but isn't of much economic benefit. I personally believe if new cities are to be built, they should be built if they offer economic value as we are still at a third world stage/

Kaun sa MQM ka mayor?

Pichlai saal August sai Karachi ka koi mayor nahi. Pehlai information to poori rakho phir baat karna

As for establishment we are rightly blaming it since it is completely involved in Pakistan's politics

Baqi yeh son of soil wala drama to merai samain karo nahi. All those who have Pakistan's nationality and call themselves Pakistani are sons of soil

And i never blamed Punjabis for bad situation of Karachi. Agar kia hai to dikha do

Yeah i blamed Waziristanis for supporting terrorism inside Pakistan but never for poor condition

To pehlai poori situation samjho phir baat karna
Waseem Akhtar yar isn't he still Mayor of Karachi?

Last year I used to follow Pakistani news but since restarting university I have been out of the loop slightly.

Lekin phir bhi it is clear to see how you slowly bring the narrative to exactly where you want it to be.

Only a few weeks ago some of your compatriots were posting messages saying sons of soil are genociding you bull crap. I believe it was PakLovesTurkiye and a few others.

Waseem Akhtar yar isn't he still Mayor of Karachi?

Last year I used to follow Pakistani news but since restarting university I have been out of the loop slightly.

Lekin phir bhi it is clear to see how you slowly bring the narrative to exactly where you want it to be.

Only a few weeks ago some of your compatriots were posting messages saying sons of soil are genociding you bull crap. I believe it was PakLovesTurkiye and a few others.

Karachi has no mayor since August last year. So keep that in mind. Even when he was mayor he was useless since he never had any authority or power to do anything

I never said anyone is doing genocide in Karachi particularly Punjabis. In fact I feel more comfortable with Punjabis than Sindhis. I would prefer to live in Karachi or Faisalabad than Larkana or Nawabshah

Baqi mera jo nerative hai woh sach par hai. If you think that is racist then problem is with you. I am simply stating facts

Also I've noticed a theme in our conversation that we're kind of exaggerating Karachi's situation. It isn't as bad and recently many improvements have come by.

South Karachi has developed rapidly in the past 5 years. An important new feature in Karachi are its skyscrapers and now developers have understood that the solution is not expansion but rather going taller and higher. Although the seeds of this construction boom were sown earlier, I'll give IK credit for his builders package as it really was a boost.
North Karachi is also catching up, however many neighborhoods are still in a horrible condition.

Moreover, a lot of work is being done on improving the situations of Karachi's main roads. Here are a few proposals that can help in the improvement of Karachi's infrastructure.

1) Expand M-9 to a 12 lane motorway due to the immense traffic. I know this is costly but it has to be done if the actual speed limit is to be reached.

2) Make Lyari Expressway a 10 lane road and open access for trucks from the port. This will greatly decrease inter city traffic as trucks will not use M.A Jinnah Road for access to M-9.

3) Discourage use of motorcycles and instead work and encouraging the use of bicycles in certain parts of Old Karachi.

4) Complete overhaul of the sewage system, which is already being done, but acceleration and a permanent solution instead of temporary cleanups is needed.

5) Cancellation of Bundal Island project. Much more feasible and better would be to build a project on the lines of the Malir River. This way natural damage would be minimized.

6) North-South connectivity should always have been priority no.1. After Kharian and Sialkot, no other city other than Gwadar should get a motorway until Karachi does.

Check Post #194 for infrastructure improvement.

You're right, PPP is holding it back and yes the US also faces similar issues.

It is not only PPP that holds Karachi hostage, many other players are at play too which to some extent include the federal government itself (as a receiver of taxes, it has the option of improving Karachi and in turn improving tax collection and ultimately benefitting Pakistan. Instead of using these taxes for a long term approach they would rather spend it on useless projects in Northern Punjab and KPK which yield little to no economic benefit. Ravi Riverfront is one of these useless projects. Spending a similar amount of cash on Karachi can lead to massive economic benefit but instead muh residential real estate project that damages the economy by pushing down agriculture.
I think a lot of the projects such as dams and other industrial zones are very beneficial for KPK and Punjab and others. Ravi project was much needed as Ravi was becoming a dirty nala. It will help curb the industrial and environmental waste. Also it is a public private partnership with a foreign company Dutch I believe. The public portion I believe comes from LDA or Punjab government.

Also there seems to be a lag when I see posts vs when they actually pop up.
Karachi has no mayor since August last year. So keep that in mind. Even when he was mayor he was useless since he never had any authority or power to do anything

I never said anyone is doing genocide in Karachi particularly Punjabis. In fact I feel more comfortable with Punjabis than Sindhis. I would prefer to live in Karachi or Faisalabad than Larkana or Nawabshah

Baqi mera jo nerative hai woh sach par hai. If you that is racist then problem is with you. I am simply stating facts
Chalo yar lage rao fer.

I think a lot of the projects such as dams and other industrial zones are very beneficial for KPK and Punjab and others. Ravi project was much needed as Ravi was becoming a dirty nala. It will help curb the industrial and environmental waste. Also it is a public private partnership with a foreign company Dutch I believe. The public portion I believe comes from LDA or Punjab government.

Also there seems to be a lag when I see posts vs when they actually pop up.

Chalo yar lage rao fer.
They may be beneficial for KPK and Punjab but similar investment in Karachi would result in a way larger profit.
Ravi Riverfront is needed but so is economic benefit to it. I don't want it to be another real estate battle ground when 40 year old uncles buy and sell houses.

Also refresh the page if you have this lag.

They may be beneficial for KPK and Punjab but similar investment in Karachi would result in a way larger profit.
Ravi Riverfront is needed but so is economic benefit to it. I don't want it to be another real estate battle ground when 40 year old uncles buy and sell houses.

Also refresh the page if you have this lag.
I'm sure it would but I think goal here is to make new opportunities in underdeveloped areas where people were instead going off to join one form of insurgency or another. What prohects are being developed in Karachi under CPEC if I may ask?
Sach aur haq ki baat to kartai rahain gai InshaAllah. Chahai kisi ko buri lagai ya achi
Good ho gya G

I'm sure it would but I think goal here is to make new opportunities in underdeveloped areas where people were instead going off to join one form of insurgency or another. What prohects are being developed in Karachi under CPEC if I may ask?
Karachi port is being expanded, M-9 was built (most crap motorway of Pakistan), and nuclear energy projects to name a few.

Anyways, I plan on starting a thread on showing the good side of Karachi once my exams are over. Planning on countering the stereotypes on Karachi from elite Lahoris who hate us with passion for some reason.

Good Night.

Last edited:
Anyways, I plan on starting a thread on showing the good side of Karachi once my exams are over. Planning on countering the stereotypes on Karachi from elite Lahoris who hate us with passion for some reason.
Cmon bro that is proliferating another stereotype just to counter one. That's wrong. A good chunk of Lahoris have business interest in Karachi. Others frankly are quite content with Lahore no need to bad mouth someone else.

We're probably the only people who were offloaded from busses and shot by our own country men but unka lehaz kia hum ne. We didn't do anything stupid in return. Baki Allah bless you folks and Pakistan.
M-9 was built (most crap motorway of Pakistan),
What's wrong with it bro??

The issue is PPP. If there was a way to package and send it to India, we wouldn't even need a military as India would devolve into dozens of warring micro-states. That's the PPP way.

Just a note on the PPP song. This is what it reminds me of:

1622848220768.png

Last edited:
Threshold is broken when you are given drainage dirty brown color smelly water from drinking water pipeline, when the northern part of the country has excess electricity through billion dollar dams, power houses but coastal city is deprived of water and electricity through the sea via desalination plant, when DHA earns billions of rupees annually but fails to provide drinking water but some how these currupts have money to make DHA city more than 50 km outside the city, Bahria town takes Karachi's water share, when sindh card is played when they are caught in corruption multiple times but are still ruling the province

I remember a lot of family in 70s were in Karachi when it really was "city of lights" and much more tolerant.
There is still big population of Punjabis and Pathans living in Karachi with ties to Lahore and other parts of Pakistan ...

Karachi port is being expanded, M-9 was built (most crap motorway of Pakistan), and nuclear energy projects to name a few.

Good Night.
K electric will soon be privitized to new investor
Two new nuclear plants will mean karachi will have surplus power

KIV is being built from scratch which mean feasibility again since it was never done and 14b rupees wasted

KCR is lagging but hopeful to start soon

BRTs are in progress

Karachi will get 700-1100 b rupees
What it needs is mayor who can levey local taxes and run local municpilty affairs..this needs PTI to either do new amendements or cpurt case

Court case is in progross

i have a solution for khis problem!

give all the land from sea to till hyderabad to Wardi Inc tax free and no fking around protecting zardari no land grabbing its your now fix it! they will fix it not for people but for profits!

Wardi Inc > Pakistan!!!

jindabad;

Back
Top Bottom