What's new

After Failing to Provide Karachiites with a Public Transport System PPP Government Deprives them of Their Two Wheelers too

A lot of the racists here would be on fire if everything Karachi contributes to Pakistan is spent on its own budget and fixing it rather than building their crap cities and real estate projects elsewhere in the North.
By all means man go ahead. Karachi and Balochistan are probably the only regions in Pakistan to get their own special packages.

But the problem is those funds are eaten by city and Sindh governments.

Btw I really wouldn't advise you to bring up "Karachi is the almighty god feeding Pakistan" fallacy as it has many holes.

Yes Karachi is our financial nerve center and we want you to succeed.
Yea but a sele
No one is doing a genocide, everyone is exploiting Karachi and our contribution to the economy for their own benefit, and they don't speak up as they know if justice is served their projects would flop.

Actual people in power is PTI and PPP, both are frauds. IK has no spine and has been giving 18th amendment as an excuse for his failure to implement his promises.
Yea but a select few on this forum slowly make the issue about the "sons of soil" the big bad Punjabi and the Federal government deliberately trying to kill off Karachi.

By all means man go ahead. Karachi and Balochistan are probably the only regions in Pakistan to get their own special packages.

But the problem is those funds are eaten by city and Sindh governments.

Btw I really wouldn't advise you to bring up "Karachi is the almighty god feeding Pakistan" fallacy as it has many holes.

Yes Karachi is our financial nerve center and we want you to succeed.
I just want PTI supporters here to admit that PTI lied, that is it. They have done a lot for the rest of the country but the plain and simple truth is, when it comes to Karachi they have stooped to the same level as PPP and MQM.

IK could've done so much but he did nothing.
The only thing I've heard from him is more goddamn real estate projects (bundal island), nothing of substance to improve existing areas.

A lot of the racists here would be on fire if everything Karachi contributes to Pakistan is spent on its own budget and fixing it rather than building their crap cities and real estate projects elsewhere in the North.
Most on fire will be Lahoris

Yea but a select few on this forum slowly make the issue about the "sons of soil" the big bad Punjabi and the Federal government deliberately trying to kill off Karachi.
Well those who are suggesting genocide obviously have a brain problem. The people of Karachi are as patriotic as everyone else in Pakistan.

You know Ahmet, stereotypes always exist for a reason. Something happened has led to them. Study most major stereotypes and you'll see that something did in fact lead to all of them. But the problem comes when people use the wrongs of a few to generalize massive populations.

I am a Punjabi too, I live in Karachi, but you know when some people leech off Karachi for benefitting their own areas, I understand the 'sons of soil' sentiment (not that is is justified, it is obv wrong). Illiterate people will always resort to stereotypes rather than constructive criticism. The federal government can do something to stop this exploitation, but they won't, because they themselves exploit Karachi to a certain extent in my opinion.

Improvement of Karachi is what the federal government wants, because most of the taxes come from Karachi, killing off karachi would be like shooting oneself in the foot. The exploitation however can always be stopped if one wishes.

I just want PTI supporters here to admit that PTI lied, that is it. They have done a lot for the rest of the country but the plain and simple truth is, when it comes to Karachi they have stooped to the same level as PPP and MQM.

IK could've done so much but he did nothing.
The only thing I've heard from him is more goddamn real estate projects (bundal island), nothing of substance to improve existing areas.
Therein lies the problem man. If you expected some revolution from a system that is rotten all over Pakistan is problematic in itself.

All of the problems Karachi faces. All of Pakistan faces as well. But no one starts weird campaigns based on that. From what I have experienced Karachiwalas are often out of touch with rest of Pakistan. When they do finally encounter someone from an area that shares Karachi's problems. Instead of sympathizing with them, Karachiwalas often look down upon them. I believe @Bilal Khan (Quwa) said something similar that Karachiwalas should unite with like minded Pakistanis. The people Karachiwalas need to free from waderas and get them on their side in immediate vicinity are the Sindhis.

The counter argument to that from your side is usually: Karachi is some special entity given the financial importance and deserves special treatment. Well to that we could are the rest of Pakistanis children of lesser shouldn't we have uniform access to human wellbeing all across Pakistan.

Offcource this would require holistic solutions.

I don't want to play this Lahore bad Karachi good game though. It is not just Lahore that benefits, federal government is the biggest beneficiary too. PPP is among the beneficiaries. Fouj is a beneficiary, everyone is.

No sir. We want you to succeed. A lot of Lahoris have businesses in Karachi. I remember a lot of family in 70s were in Karachi when it really was "city of lights" and much more tolerant. Family members from that era have fond memories of Karachi.

Many of them had to leave when they started receiving death threats and blackmail from the MQM, who were oppressed by "sons of soil", just for being Punjabi. They had to give up their entire life's work just because of their ethnicity.

One mamoo still has a paint factory in Karachi well settled in Defence with jaidad worth crores. Still gets death threats for being Punjabi from time to time. Albeit mostly now they are con artists or small time remnants of Muttahida and Pashtun terror groups. They really have a minute almost non existent presence as he tells us.

Lahoriyas are cool cats man. Choti choti baaton par insurgency nai shuru karte ham. Alhamdulilah. PMLN back is almost broken in Lahore now. I'd say its split 60-40 with 60% supporting PTI.

Therein lies the problem man. If you expected some revolution from a system that is rotten all over Pakistan is problematic in itself.

All of the problems Karachi faces. All of Pakistan faces as well. But no one starts weird campaigns based on that. From what I have experienced Karachiwalas are often out of touch with rest of Pakistan. When they do finally encounter someone from an area that shares Karachi's problems. Instead of sympathizing with them, Karachiwalas often look down upon them. I believe @Bilal Khan (Quwa) said something similar that Karachiwalas should unite with like minded Pakistanis. The people Karachiwalas need to free from waderas and get them on their side in immediate vicinity are the Sindhis.

The counter argument to that from your side is usually: Karachi is some special entity given the financial importance and deserves special treatment. Well to that we could are the rest of Pakistanis children of lesser shouldn't we have uniform access to human wellbeing all across Pakistan.

Offcource this would require holistic solutions.
I don't expect revolution, fair treatment is what I ask for.

All of Pakistan doesn't face a lot of problems that Karachi does. Northern Pakistan has great infrastructure that is nowhere in comparison with Karachi which is at the of the day Karachi's main problem.
I agree with you by the way, everyone who's oppressed from this ancient system should unite and demand from the relevant authorities justice. But mate, you are blind to see who benefits from this ancient system that Karachiwalas and like minded Pakistanis suffer from. Once you realize who they are, you realize why it is too difficult to unite and do something.

Yes I do believe Karachi is a special entity and does deserve special treatment, just like Gwadar is getting it. And no, the rest of Pakistanis are not the sons of a lesser God. They should receive according to what they contribute and in special cases where the conditions of particular areas are bad, extra funding can be given.

I don't expect revolution, fair treatment is what I ask for.

All of Pakistan doesn't face a lot of problems that Karachi does. Northern Pakistan has great infrastructure that is nowhere in comparison with Karachi which is at the of the day Karachi's main problem.
I agree with you by the way, everyone who's oppressed from this ancient system should unite and demand from the relevant authorities justice. But mate, you are blind to see who benefits from this ancient system that Karachiwalas and like minded Pakistanis suffer from. Once you realize who they are, you realize why it is too difficult to unite and do something.

Yes I do believe Karachi is a special entity and does deserve special treatment, just like Gwadar is getting it. And no, the rest of Pakistanis are not the sons of a lesser God. They should receive according to what they contribute and in special cases where the conditions of particular areas are bad, extra funding can be given.
What does rest of Pakistan have that Karachi does not have? I am genuinely asking.

If demanding own rights, equal treatment and good governance is ethnofascism then yeah I am an ethnofascist

And a very proud ethnofascist at that :)
Han to bai provincial government se maanho na. The ones holding you back and doing all the crazy things. Mayor MQM ka hai aur CM PPP. Lekin why in other threads and pages of this thread somehow you end up blaming the Sons of Soil, Punjabis, Waziristanis, Establishment/Army and the Central Government??
Good infrastructure, and now universal health coverage.
Define good infrastructure. Like what do you mean by it??

Wrt to healthcare I believe PPP is holding back universal healthcare from Sindh/Karachi citing 18th amendment/states rights in American law(it was a big headache for America too to deliberate between states rights and federal control)

From my understanding PPP seeks to hold Karachi hostage vis a vis Establishment. Otherwise, Zardari and his transgender son will be deported to British masters. And remnants of MQM are piggy backing on that strategy. While Karachi PTI does not have any strong leaders except maybe Ali Zaidi.

Please correct me where I am wrong.

Also I've noticed a theme in our conversation that we're kind of exaggerating Karachi's situation. It isn't as bad and recently many improvements have come by.

South Karachi has developed rapidly in the past 5 years. An important new feature in Karachi are its skyscrapers and now developers have understood that the solution is not expansion but rather going taller and higher. Although the seeds of this construction boom were sown earlier, I'll give IK credit for his builders package as it really was a boost.
North Karachi is also catching up, however many neighborhoods are still in a horrible condition.

Moreover, a lot of work is being done on improving the situations of Karachi's main roads. Here are a few proposals that can help in the improvement of Karachi's infrastructure.

1) Expand M-9 to a 12 lane motorway due to the immense traffic. I know this is costly but it has to be done if the actual speed limit is to be reached.

2) Make Lyari Expressway a 10 lane road and open access for trucks from the port. This will greatly decrease inter city traffic as trucks will not use M.A Jinnah Road for access to M-9.

3) Discourage use of motorcycles and instead work and encouraging the use of bicycles in certain parts of Old Karachi.

4) Complete overhaul of the sewage system, which is already being done, but acceleration and a permanent solution instead of temporary cleanups is needed.

5) Cancellation of Bundal Island project. Much more feasible and better would be to build a project on the lines of the Malir River. This way natural damage would be minimized.

6) North-South connectivity should always have been priority no.1. After Kharian and Sialkot, no other city other than Gwadar should get a motorway until Karachi does.
Define good infrastructure. Like what do you mean by it??

Wrt to healthcare I believe PPP is holding back universal healthcare from Sindh/Karachi citing 18th amendment/states rights in American law(it was a big headache for America too to deliberate between states rights and federal control)

From my understanding PPP seeks to hold Karachi hostage vis a vis Establishment. Otherwise, Zardari and his transgender son will be deported to British masters. And remnants of MQM are piggy backing on that strategy. While Karachi PTI does not have any strong leaders except maybe Ali Zaidi.

Please correct me where I am wrong.
Check Post #194 for infrastructure improvement.

You're right, PPP is holding it back and yes the US also faces similar issues.

It is not only PPP that holds Karachi hostage, many other players are at play too which to some extent include the federal government itself (as a receiver of taxes, it has the option of improving Karachi and in turn improving tax collection and ultimately benefitting Pakistan. Instead of using these taxes for a long term approach they would rather spend it on useless projects in Northern Punjab and KPK which yield little to no economic benefit. Ravi Riverfront is one of these useless projects. Spending a similar amount of cash on Karachi can lead to massive economic benefit but instead muh residential real estate project that damages the economy by pushing down agriculture.

Last edited:
Well those who are suggesting genocide obviously have a brain problem. The people of Karachi are as patriotic as everyone else in Pakistan.

You know Ahmet, stereotypes always exist for a reason. Something happened has led to them. Study most major stereotypes and you'll see that something did in fact lead to all of them. But the problem comes when people use the wrongs of a few to generalize massive populations.

I am a Punjabi too, I live in Karachi, but you know when some people leech off Karachi for benefitting their own areas, I understand the 'sons of soil' sentiment (not that is is justified, it is obv wrong). Illiterate people will always resort to stereotypes rather than constructive criticism. The federal government can do something to stop this exploitation, but they won't, because they themselves exploit Karachi to a certain extent in my opinion.

Improvement of Karachi is what the federal government wants, because most of the taxes come from Karachi, killing off karachi would be like shooting oneself in the foot. The exploitation however can always be stopped if one wishes.
What a beautiful post. I just saw it. What part of Punjab if I may ask?

Sound arguments. But I think what budget other provinces get are based off of their own tax revenue. When you look at it from establishment's point of view. Gawadar does make sense as it may provide a strategic alternative to all the political mess that has built up in Karachi over the years. It would be interesting to see how the two cities compete when Gawadar is up and running.

I also feel that Pakistan needs to make new cities in Balochistan, Sindh and Punjab to relieve all the pressure and over saturation Karachi, Quetta, Lahore, Faisalabad and Islamabad are facing.

Back
Top Bottom