What's new

Afghanistan: what will happen when the troops – and their dollars – depart?

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like Agha Ghani is going to have his hands full.

Excellent article on The Guardian here, excerpts below:

“The Afghan economy is a war bubble and we are seeing it slowly deflate,” says Graeme Smith, senior analyst at International Crisis Group. He says the budget deficit was $300m-750m, with security costs eating up around $650m of the government’s meagre funds.

---

Smith says history has shown that when troops pull out of a country, funds tend to follow. “When you don’t have fresh-faced British soldiers whose lives are at risk, it’s much easier to turn off the tap. And that’s the real danger now for Afghanistan: that the world will forget.”

will be interesting to see how china goes about business from here

will be interesting to see how china goes about business from here

I'm not sure China will invest much if the security situation doesn't stablize. Can't blame them. No point in getting your people killed.

I don't think there will be complete troop withdrawal for a long time. The Iraq experience has taught the world what happens if you leave before there is complete stability.

I'm not sure China will invest much if the security situation doesn't stablize. Can't blame them. No point in getting your people killed.
no the chinese will go ahead and luckily afghans have finally realised they need pak with them at all cost

May I ask you think that? What do you think Pakistan brings to the table?
are u serious they need our support against taliban we may not be economically stable but we sure know how to kick ***

May I ask you think that? What do you think Pakistan brings to the table?
sooner or later talks will fail with taliban and all out war against afghan govt they need us like it or not

are u serious they need our support against taliban we may not be economically stable but we sure know how to kick ***

Are you being sarcastic or are you just that naive? Pakistan created the Taliban for the express purpose of delivering Afghanistan to you. Why would Pakistan suddenly turn against them?

Are you being sarcastic or are you just that naive? Pakistan created the Taliban for the express purpose of delivery Afghanistan to you. Why would Pakistan suddenly turn against them?
forgot i was arguing with an indian ur media is feeding u a lot of chicken shit seriously grow a fcking brain

Back
Top Bottom