What's new

Afghanistan begins to export products directly to India for the first time

Organic fruits, dry fruits, saffron, rugs, mines and minerals for the time being.

But India can export many products to Afghanistan lets hope this bilateral trade hits $1bln within a year!

Yes :cheers: and we can secretly have secret deals ;)

Yes :cheers: and we can secretly have secret deals ;

Yes, like all the secret opium, hash, and heroine ;). Hope you guys succeed in drugging the whole Indian population.

Well to quote you from post number 63 -

"key word "going to"
its nothing but wet dreams as of now."

ok.... lol its not wet dreams, india grew by 5 percent the last year, pakistan almost grew by 4 percent so we not far off considering the energy problems and the war on terror, so what do you have to say about that? your barely beating us by a point with half as much problems as us.

WTF?! Kindly google the following -
"Financing Fiscal Deficit".[/QUOTE]

I am not talking about Mughals. Independent India's relationship with Iran is better than Pakistan regardless of whether Bengal shares a border with them or not.

Thats why they supported india in 1965 and 9171 wars :azn:.... Oh sorry it was pakistan :undecided:

Honestly speaking Pakistan itself needs minerals and food items imports from Afghanistan too.

@Pulsar, as karan said we are slow and steady the railway line is next + Iran has given major trade opportunities to Afghan businessmen to lure them from importing via Karachi and very soon the Aqina port will be functional like never before and will give us greater access directly to Europe + the port will be connected with railway line soon:

Aqina port - Ministry of Commerce and Industries

Construction of Mazar-e-Sharif-Aqina Railway Project Inaugurated

Construction of Afghan-Turkmenistan Railway to Begin

Aqina port revenue up by 57%- Afghan officials | Wadsam

Once this aqina port is operational combined with chabahar afghanisthan will be our primary corridor to central asia and russia.Win win for both countries.:yay:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we have good relations with both India and Pakistan? I swear, it's possible guys! Neither Pakistan nor India is our enemy and we love them both.Having relations with one, doesn't undermine the other, at least not for Iran.

Agreed,i am looking forward to indo iranian co operation on massive scale.

I think i've clear the Pakistani opinion & concern very well supported by official statements & articles where required unlike you who continue to post offtopic.

You can present this offtopic to your brilliant teachers who teach you that Afghanistan can directly trade with india some how when it is not an immediate neighbor.:lol:

Dude, what's off topic in my post ? You are simply making statements without any backups and just want to claim that you have ... And about direct trade, well, you need to realize that both India and Pakistan directly trade with USA without being its immediate neighbor.. Dont we ? ;)

First off, using known unreliable sources is a bad idea, yes, I include anyone from the Afghan gov too, because they have no idea what's going on half the time.

Second, you're making a lot of assumptions. This will happen assuming the Afghan gov and ANA can actually survive a post-NATO withdrawal long enough to have lasting affects on the Afghan economy, and I can tell you that it'll take at least another 10 years for that to happen, without any interruptions and continued foreign funding.

Third, you're also assuming that the US will tolerate Afghanistan cozying up to Iran, even if the Indian are watching over the whole proces. The US and India still aren't at the level of trust yet to actually rely on each other, and considering that India is not foolish, this level of trust will not happen for the foreseeable future, simply because India has looked at the US's attitude towards it's supposed allies and doesn't trust the US.

Admit your a$$ is burning because of this development. At last we don't have to totally depend on your transit corridor. With Chinese in picture you have given us enough reasons to be concerned about your intentions. If you guys had given us unhindered access for transit to central Asia then we didn't have to look to Iran. Now your transit trump card has been effectively neutralized by India. Welcome to Chanakya neethi 101.

This news is a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Only things that come to Pakistan from Afghanistan are drugs,arms and terrorists. It will allow us to curb them better.

You need to be careful, lest the things you mentioned keep coming to Pakistan anyway, with trade getting diverted via Iran

You need to be careful, lest the things you mentioned keep coming to Pakistan anyway, with trade getting diverted via Iran

It depends on the govt that comes into power in Afghanistan and how it decides to run its affairs. Any conclusions atm are just smoking crack.

Admit your a$$ is burning because of this development. At last we don't have to totally depend on your transit corridor. With Chinese in picture you have given us enough reasons to be concerned about your intentions. If you guys had given us unhindered access for transit to central Asia then we didn't have to look to Iran. Now your transit trump card has been effectively neutralized by India. Welcome to Chanakya neethi 101.

Continue to assuming things, I insist. Eventually, you'll realize that such assumptions are not based on fact.

I don't have to admit to anything, as nothing noteworthy has actually occurred. With the way that Iran is being targeted by the international community, India will probably be hard pressed to continue doing business with Iran without facing some sort of consequence. Not to mention that it'll still cost you a **** ton more than the direct access through Pakistan.

You also have this foolish notion that India and Afghanistan will no longer have to rely on Pakistan, but that's clearly false. The port has yet to develop completely, and it will take decades for India and Afghanistan to stop their reliance on Pakistan for trade, that's assuming India isn't pressured into stopping it's business with Iran, or that Afghan gov actually survives that long.

Besides, why should Pakistan give complete access to India without some restrictions in place? You have given me no reason to believe that India wouldn't exploit such access against Pakistan and China.

Comparing India and Israel on this issue is not right at all:
1.India has a sole economical interest in Chabahar, while I don't think Israeli presence in Pak-Iran border would have any economical aspect.
2.Neither Iran nor Pakistan have relations with Israel.
3.Despite hostilities, Pakistan and India have economical relations, so you can't deny Iran expanding relations with one of its greatest trade partners.So it's not fair at all.It's like Iran complaining about Pak-Saudi or Pak-American relations which is none of our business.
4.What are you expecting India to do in Chabahar?Training terrorists and sending them to Pakistan? Iran is not Somalia my dear, it doesn't even make sense for India to do this.They have a much larger border with Pakistan themselves, if they ever plan to train terrorists (which I find unlikely), they will do it from there, not by risking their relations with Iran.

Oye kake Dil jeet litta!!! Can't Agree More.

Afghanistan begins to export products directly to India for the first time in its history

My only question is how directly?

Currently they are using Pakistani port, now they will use Iranian, so how is this directly???

I am doubtful that India can/will use this port for military purpose... Correct me if I am wrong...

Which middle man they are bypassing.... they are only trying to change the middleman...

Agree with this, Iran and India may have good relations, but the Iranians will not risk alienating Pakistan, which it has been trying to expand it's influence in. India will not have any form of military assets in Iran.

I don't have to admit to anything, as nothing note worthy has actually occurred. With the way that Iran is being targeted by the international community, India will probably be hard pressed to continue doing business with Iran without facing some sort of consequence. Not to mention that it'll still cost you a **** ton more than the direct access through Pakistan.

Besides, why should Pakistan give access to India? You have given me no reason to believe that India wouldn't exploit such access against Pakistan and China.

You guys have to realize that world will look at this development positively because Iran is helping Afghanistan in a positive manner. Iran is trying to win friends in this region and will try to get out of their isolation because it is effecting their economy.

Also it is in Pakistani interest to give unhindered access to India because our energy needs are growing by the day and amount of trade that will pass through your country will make you prosperous too. Why would we exploit you if it is benefiting both our countries??

Even China will realize in due time their strategic interests do not have tangible benefits because of security situation in your country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom